Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 10:57:35 AM EDT
http://www.groupon.com/deals/connecticut-firearms-training-shooters-pistol-range

Sorry if I committed COC violation but have not seen this since we all lost out
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Fine print mentions UT. permit.  Is this for that permit, the UT one?  The ad is not clear.

Yes, I will call them tomorrow for clarification.  Just wondering if you knew one way or the other.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fine print mentions UT. permit.  Is this for that permit, the UT one?  The ad is not clear.

Yes, I will call them tomorrow for clarification.  Just wondering if you knew one way or the other.
View Quote

I have no idea

I only posted cause groupon company policy after that shitty day was to not advertise gun promotions

some how they had a change of heart, it must be the almighty dollar
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
We had an instructor last year that was advertising in groupon for a similar price.

He wasn't providing the actual certificates, instead a photo copy of one.  He also did not provide a book..... WTF?

We changed our range policy requiring proof of insurance, it weeded out about 50% of the instructors.

~g

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]
According to the NRA training guide, the instructor has to provide a complete kit... book, certificate, standard nra propaganda and a sweet rocker patch. I also provide a wallet card with my course...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had an instructor last year that was advertising in groupon for a similar price.

He wasn't providing the actual certificates, instead a photo copy of one.  He also did not provide a book..... WTF?

We changed our range policy requiring proof of insurance, it weeded out about 50% of the instructors.

~g

View Quote

I am very strict with my instructor policies. I have booted several for sub standard training. There has been a lot of abuse of the instructor credentials going around and these IDIOTS that abuse it for a quick buck are hurting our community as a whole. The NRA is cracking down and I have heard of several revocations in CT.

If you read the fine print it says:

In a Nutshell

During the four-hour course, expert instructors delve into gun safety, loading, storage, and transport

This is most likely a UTAH course.
Top Top