Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 8:43:01 AM EDT
I checked out their on-line price on a Bushmaster .450 upper receiver assembly, $576.74, GOOD deal. "Sorry, we can't ship there." Tried using other towns in CT, same result. Tried RI and MA, everything's fine. I've had pre-ban uppers delivered to me from other vendors in CT, so what gives?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:54:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you call them and ask why?  

I know Model 1 Sales tells their dealers no shipping to CT, but having it sent to an FFL was OK (no transfer fee, not a firearm)

That's a better price by $220 than Bushmaster direct!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I just tried to see if they would ship a Glock 21 to Ct. It looks like they are just writing us off completely because we have the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I just spoke to Cheaper Than Dirt and here was there response:

Cheaper Than Dirt Online Support will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with 'Tonya'

Tonya: Cheaper Than Dirt! Online Customer Service. How may I assist you?

Vince: Just wondering why you do not ship firearms to Ct?

Tonya: I apologize for the inconvenience, we are not shipping to CT due to legal restriction laws.

Vince: What does that mean.I own a perfectly legal Glock 19 in Ct but you won't ship the one you have in stock to Ct.

Vince: Are you just arbitrarily writing off Ct. completely because we have a AWB.

Tonya: Most of our restrictions are dictated by state law. Other restrictions are company policy based on the lack of clarity in state regulations and previous experience with the state/jurisdiction in question. If you can own it according to your laws and we list the as restricted, and not shipping then at this time it is company policy that prevents the sale.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I just tried Item #56367, which is a Double Star upper with no bolt carrier or charging handle, and they still "cannot ship to Ridgefield ( try any town) Connecticut". I have their 458 page catalog, and when I get some free time, I'd like to find out what they WILL ship here; I'll just try to order stuff that I already own that was delivered from other vendors without a problem!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Tonya:  Other restrictions are company policy based on the lack of clarity in state regulations

She can say that again

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Cheaper Than Dirt has a section on the industry forum of this site, you should post it there.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
And this is why I don't do business with Cheaper Than Dirt.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

This shouldn't be the only reason why.

There are only 3 places I need to shop for AR stuff...

AIM Surplus

Bravo Company

Larue Tactical

...if one of those three doesn't carry it, there's a good chance that it's crap you shouldn't be buying.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
No offense to you CT guys but it was just a couple of weeks ago that CTbuilder1 and stacks04 were bitching at me for saying that CT has restrictive gun laws that make it difficult for gun legal owners.  That was in the thread about Blackwater opening up in the nutmet state.  I was told that I should stay out of conversations that I know nothing about.  Yeah...

Of course now people will tell me this isn't a CT problem but a problem with certain retailers.  The retailers are scared to death to do business in a place so unfriendly to them and the CONUS so who can blame them for steering clear?  BTW, I personally will never buy from CTD but that's a whole different set of circumstances.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

AIM Surplus
Bravo Company
Larue Tactical

...if one of those three doesn't carry it, there's a good chance that it's crap you shouldn't be buying.

No, it's a Bushmaster upper, and advertized for sale at $218.26 less than Bushmaster lists it. A good product for a good price.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

No offense to you CT guys but it was just a couple of weeks ago that CTbuilder1 and stacks04 were bitching at me for saying that CT has restrictive gun laws that make it difficult for gun legal owners. That was in the thread about Blackwater opening up in the nutmet state. I was told that I should stay out of conversations that I know nothing about. Yeah...

Of course now people will tell me this isn't a CT problem but a problem with certain retailers. The retailers are scared to death to do business in a place so unfriendly to them and the CONUS so who can blame them for steering clear? BTW, I personally will never buy from CTD but that's a whole different set of circumstances.

Keep in mind that according to the OP, CTD will still do business with MA which is incredibly more restrictive than CT...

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AIM Surplus

Bravo Company

Larue Tactical

No, it's a Bushmaster upper, and advertized for sale at $218.26 less than Bushmaster lists it. A good product for a good price.

I'll give you the "inexpensive" part...

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
No offense to you CT guys but it was just a couple of weeks ago that CTbuilder1 and stacks04 were bitching at me for saying that CT has restrictive gun laws that make it difficult for gun legal owners. That was in the thread about Blackwater opening up in the nutmet state. I was told that I should stay out of conversations that I know nothing about. Yeah...

Of course now people will tell me this isn't a CT problem but a problem with certain retailers. The retailers are scared to death to do business in a place so unfriendly to them and the CONUS so who can blame them for steering clear? BTW, I personally will never buy from CTD but that's a whole different set of circumstances.

Keep in mind that according to the OP, CTD will still do business with MA which is incredibly more restrictive than CT...

Oh, I'm not saying that this makes any sense!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
No offense to you CT guys but it was just a couple of weeks ago that CTbuilder1 and stacks04 were bitching at me for saying that CT has restrictive gun laws that make it difficult for gun legal owners.  That was in the thread about Blackwater opening up in the nutmet state.  I was told that I should stay out of conversations that I know nothing about.  Yeah...
Of course now people will tell me this isn't a CT problem but a problem with certain retailers.  The retailers are scared to death to do business in a place so unfriendly to them and the CONUS so who can blame them for steering clear?  BTW, I personally will never buy from CTD but that's a whole different set of circumstances.

CTD and Model 1 Sales apparently both have shitty, lazy lawyers that poorly, and wrongly advise them to say "No" to CT.  Probably something to do with bringing post-ban uppers into the state.  Add Bud's to that list too.  No semi-auto rifles to CT no matter the configuration.  It has nothing to do with our laws.  If they were smart, they would do business here.  Apparently they are not smart, and I don't have time for fools.  F'em.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

AIM Surplus

Bravo Company

Larue Tactical

See if another online retailer will price-match it.  Play your cards tight on the "NO CT" stipulations.  No reason to lie, but no reason to start volunteering extreneous info.  You want the upper. They want to sell it.  Make a deal.

You'll need that $218 to feed it
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:34:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Quoted:

MA more restrictive,not by a longshot....don't get me wrong,both states suck regarding gun restrictions but banning everything by name and caliber is just wacked out.

Now handgun restrictions is another story...

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

AIM Surplus
Bravo Company
Larue Tactical

See if another online retailer will price-match it.  Play your cards tight on the "NO CT" stipulations.  No reason to lie, but no reason to start volunteering extreneous info.  You want the upper. They want to sell it.  Make a deal.  

You'll need that $218 to feed it

Thanks for the tip!! I'll do like my Daddy taught me; don't lie, but don't answer a question that hasn't been asked

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Just saw that CTD responded to my post in the industry forum. They are working
To resolve the issue about shipping firearms to ct. They did not give a timetable
Though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
To resolve the issue about shipping firearms to ct. They did not give a timetable
Though.

In six years they will be authorized to charge you double their already grossly inflated price for the extra legal risk of shipping to you behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MA more restrictive,not by a longshot....don't get me wrong,both states suck regarding gun restrictions but banning everything by name and caliber is just wacked out.

Are you shitting me?

I'm not a fan of either state's gun laws, but MA easily beats CT for most restrictive gun laws. That is why CTD's choice of allowing items to ship to MA but not CT is humorous. I considered doing an item-by-item comparison here, but it seems downright silly.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL, I'm going to boston to pick up a new Glock.  What model should I get?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

dude.....

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you shitting me?

I'm not a fan of either state's gun laws, but MA easily beats CT for most restrictive gun laws. That is why CTD's choice of allowing items to ship to MA but not CT is humorous. I considered doing an item-by-item comparison here, but it seems downright silly.

I'm going with rgaper on this one.  I think a point by point comparison would show MA to be the bigger PITA.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#24]
ummm. I don't mean to burst you Massachusetts guys bubble but I just did the same test on the CTD site using MA as a destination as I did with CT. and CTD will not ship there as well.SO it looks like you wont be buying firearms from CTD anytime soon either.

My test cases were:  Ruger 10/22 Item 62698
                                  Mossberg Model 100 Item 45586
                                  PTR-32 KF Item 56774
                                  Glock19 Item 13710
                                  Remington 870 Item 96927
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Though.

In six years they will be authorized to charge you double their already grossly inflated price for the extra legal risk of shipping to you behind enemy lines.

There is no legal risk.  Only money to be made.  Fuck them.  We'll spend it with the afore mentioned e-retailers.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck ctd.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#27]
On this we agree.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#28]
CTD wont ship M1 carbine handguards to NY...fucking handguards!!!!! I told them NY is not new jersey..where the carbine is banned by name, fuck CTD  my business goes to BCM and AIM they will ship to us in gay ass libtard states.
Top Top