Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2010 6:55:34 PM EDT
I want to order an MSAR and was wondering if Buds Gun shop ships semi autos to CT. I know CDNN does not. Anybody ever deal with them?
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Why dont you call and ask?
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I will tomorrow but being impatient because someone bought the MSAR I went to get the money for it and in 20 minutes some asshole came in bought it because he saw me looking at it. I am so pissed right now. If I ever meet that cocksucker I am going shove the rifle up his ass! Sorry for the rant just pissed off beyond description.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought something from them last week, but IIRC they do not ship semi auto rifles to CT.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
He told you he bought it because you were looking at it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
No the guys at the shop told me that he saw it when I was handling it. He must heard me say I going to get the cash and come back. I just think it was a scumbag move on his part.  I would never do that no matter how much I wanted a gun but I guess that is just me. I guess it will work out ok because I am ordering a brand new one and I think it will be less money I will just have a few less mags though. It came with 7 and a new one ships with 5.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Their "policy" won't allow them to ship to CT.

I ordered a ban compliant S&W15 & I got a email the next day canceling the order.

I called & explained that this gun was made specifically for ban states & they still said no, Fuck em!
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No the guys at the shop told me that he saw it when I was handling it. He must heard me say I going to get the cash and come back. I just think it was a scumbag move on his part.  I would never do that no matter how much I wanted a gun but I guess that is just me. I guess it will work out ok because I am ordering a brand new one and I think it will be less money I will just have a few less mags though. It came with 7 and a new one ships with 5.

So the shop wouldn't hold the gun for you after you told them you were coming right back with cash? Sounds like a scumbag move on the shop's part too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree. I won't name the shop because there are some decent guys who work there. It is one the better shops in CT though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
This wasn't in north branford was it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the shop wouldn't hold the gun for you after you told them you were coming right back with cash? Sounds like a scumbag move on the shop's part too.

I do not blame the guy, I would have thrown a shit fit in the shop after going to get the money and coming back only to see they sold it on me after telling them I would buy but had to go get the money. Great Shop  As said above "SCUMBAG move on the shop's part" call them out on it too !!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Look at it from the shop's side. How many times have they probably heard the line; "Oh I don't have enough money/cash on me, I'll go get some more, and be right back" from the customer. Only to have the person never come back?

Having worked in retail many moons ago, I've been on the receiving end of that line and never saw the person again. What a person should do is offer to put a down payment of few dollars (like $50) to hold the gun, if the shop will allow it, ask for a written receipt of the down payment (in case they try to screw you later), and then go and get more money to pay for the gun. Otherwise its first come first serve for most retail businesses. Sucks that the OP missed out, but the shop was looking to sell it on the spot and they did so. The OP's choice now is to go elsewhere and buy, there by denying this shop future sales for their past actions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Ordered a brand new one today from Bethany firearms. The best part is it was more than $100 less. So I guess it worked out for the best after all!
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I got a handgun from them this week. I'd check out jetguns.com, too. They seem to have better prices, but less inventory.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Cash talks, BS walks.

MSARs do command a premium in CT due to limited production of ban-comliant models.

I have seen a local shop get burned by holding an MSAR for a guy with $0 down for 10 days and the guy never called back.  I did try to buy it myself, but it sold before I could get in when they finally went to go put it back on the shelf.  

Most shops will take $50 cash or charge to start the "layaway" process and get paperwork started that would get the gun off the rack until you can hit the bank/atm/shoebox under the bed, etc, etc.  This saved my ass once on my S&W 586, as someone who had looked, and walked on it before, decided they wanted to come back and offer $50 over the sale price.  Store did the right thing and told him that it was sold and too bad.

Try contacting Ratworx.  They called me a few times when ban-compliant models were in stock.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Ratworx is where it is coming from. Chris from Bethany Firearms is a great guy! Every time I have wanted something that was hard to get he comes through. I remember when I bought my FN FS2000 the only place that had one was K5 in milford and he wanted like$2500 for it before tax and I called Chris and he had in stock (the standard model I was looking for) for $2100 out the door! At the time the the standard was very hard to find as the had ust hit the market. I did the legwork for him though by calling around and trying to finding one in stock. I lucked out in the fact in that rifle is made compliant to order. Ratworx had one ready to go and they are going to ship it with 5 high caps (NY gets 5 10 rounders). No choice on the mags though it could be a mixed bag of 20's 30's and 42 rounders. They even had the color I wanted (black as I used to own a real AUG A1 back in the day in green). They are hard to find here though. Any way I apologize for my language and my rant once again. I am very happy now and I will let you all know how it works and post some photo's of it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Glad that you got a good resolution.  I like the MSAR and ratworx was responsive to my requests.  Post pics when you can!

Also, the AUG is hard to find in ct because it is on the banned by name list, which is a bummer since the new ae version has a quality importer/builder for a price not too far out of line with the MSAR.  I think it is sabre defence, whikch is no joke.
Top Top