Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2004 5:54:05 PM EDT
CT "AR15" and "AK TYPE" ASSAULT WEAPONS FAQ:
The purpose of this FAQ is to answer common questions that keep coming up regarding the 1993 and 2001 CT Assault Weapons Bans as I understand them. This FAQ is merely a guide and should be treated as such.  I am not a lawyer, I am not an BATF Agent, but I will provide links and references to the statutes I reference so that you may further research such statutes prior to the purchase of any firearm.

WHAT AR-15 CLONES CAN I PURCHASE IN CONNECTICUT?
You may purchase any AR15 clone not including COLT AR15 or SPORTER in Connecticut provided such rifle has a "PostBan" configuration.  AR Clones not including COLT AR15 or SPORTER in "PostBan" configuration do not meet the definition of an Assault Weapon in Connecticut. You may also purchase any Non-"Colt AR15 and SPORTER" AR15 clone in Connecticut in PreBan configuration provided such rifle was made before Sept14th, 1994. Such eligable "Prebans" include but are not limited to DPMS, Eagle Arms, Essential Arms, PWA, Bushmaster, and Armalite.

DO I HAVE TO REGISTER MY PREBAN CONFIGURED NON-COLT AR15 CLONE?
You do not have to register your "PreBan" AR15 Clone and there are no additional transfer requirements. Such requirements are waived for Preban firearms made prior to Sept 14th, 1994 in CGS Section53-202m.

WHY CAN'T I BUY A COLT SPORTER OR AR15?
COLT AR15 AND SPORTER were on the original 1993 CT Assault Weapons Ban which banned a list of firearms by name.  (See CGS Section 53-202a-1) Those who owned weapons on the list were required to register them, and further sale and registration was banned.

NOW THAT THE 1994 FEDERAL ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN HAS EXPIRED, CAN I PUT A FLASH HIDER AND COLLAPSEABLE STOCK ON MY POST BAN AR15 CLONE?
NO. Such configuration would constitute an Assault Weapon as defined by CGS Section53-202a, and would not fall under the registration and transfer exemption for rifles made prior to Sept 14th 1994 as found in CGS Section53-202m.

NOW THAT THE 1994 FEDERAL ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN HAS EXPIRED, CAN I PURCHASE A NEW AR15 CLONE WITH A COLLAPSEABLE STOCK AND FLASH HIDER?
NO. Such configuration would constitute an Assault Weapon as defined by CGS Section53-202a, and would not fall under the registration and transfer exemption for rifles made prior to Sept 14th 1994 as found in CGS Section53-202m.

WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A PREBAN CONFIGURED NON-COLT AR15 CLONE?
You may purchase such a rifle locally from an individual, or you may transfer such a rifle through your local FFL from an out of state individual or dealer.  Such transfer requirements are indentical to normal long gun transfers.  A good place to start would be the AR15.com equipment exchange.

References:
www.cga.state.ct.us/2003/pub/Chap943.htm#Sec53-202m.htm (Exemption)
www.cga.state.ct.us/2003/pub/Chap943.htm#Sec53-202a.htm (AW Definition)

WHAT HICAPACITY MAGAZINES MAY I PURCHASE IN CONNECTICUT?
There is absolutely no restriction or law regarding so called "Hi Capacity Magazines" beyond the fixed magazine criteria for semiautomatic shotguns under CGS Section53-202a.

References:

WHAT AK CLONES MAY I PURCHASE IN CONNECTICUT?
CGS Section53-202a1 defines Assault Weapons that were to be registered in 1994.  The list includes "Avtomat Kalishnikov AK-47 type".  Previously, the DPS held that such definition only included firearms who's model included the words "AK-47".  The CT Supreme Court and Department of Public safety has since held that AK-47 type is any firearm that shares the same reciever, magazine, operating mechanism, and caliber as the AK-47.  This would include SAR-1s, MAC-90s, and other AK-47 clones.  However, AK-74 clones and other rifles based on the AR-47 such as the SAR-2, SAR-3, KRINKOV(5.45), VEPR, Dragunov, and other 7.62x54R, .223, and 5.45x39 AK-Style rifles do not meet the criteria for "AK-47 type" and may be purchased in CT.  If such non "AK-47 Type" rifles are made prior to Sept14th, 1994, they may be kept in "Preban" configuration persuant to GCA Sec53-202m.

References:
www.cga.state.ct.us/2003/pub/Chap943.htm#Sec53-202m.htm (Exemption)
members.cox.net/realfastv6/SAR2letter.jpg (DPS Letter RE:SAR2)

PLEASE EXCUSE THE USE OF THE TERMS PREBAN AND POSTBAN FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS FAQ.
PREBAN CONFIGURATION AND POSTBAN CONFIGURATION MEAN THE SAME "EVIL FEATURE COUNT" AS THE 1994 FEDERAL LAW DID.  I WILL FIX THIS ONE DAY, BUT TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY.  THANKS.

I wrote this real quick, so if anybody wants to add anything don't hesitate!

(THANKS FOR THE TACK!)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
So to get a complete M4 with collapsable stock and threaded A2 flash suppressor I need to get a pre-ban Bushmaster (or colt clone) and I don't need to register it. Seems easy enough. Are there pre-ban Bushmaster M4's out there that are new and unfired? Where's the best place to pick one up? Avg price?
Last question, what differences are there between a pre-ban Bushy M4 and a current milspec Colt M4, besides barrel length?
(I'm sure you guys are sick of explaining these topics over and over, but I'm new to this and can't express how much it is appreciated.)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Hate to be more of a dumbass, but if I get a non colt lower this means tomorrow I can build it up with the evil features?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:23:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hate to be more of a dumbass, but if I get a non colt lower this means tomorrow I can build it up with the evil features?

I would transfer it as a complete rifle. BTW, Argon, could you please tack this thread? Questions on the CT AWB come up far too often and Justin has done a kickass job with this FAQ.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If it was made prior to Sept 14th, 1994, yes.

PS. Thanks Chris, I try.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
What about the AK's, I assume the new Vector made ones are out of the question.
But what decent 7.62x39 AK could I buy?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What about the AK's, I assume the new Vector made ones are out of the question.
But what decent 7.62x39 AK could I buy?

under current CT law, you can't own an AK in 7.62x39, but you can own one in .223, 5.45. .308, etc.

Read this for more details:

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's a copy of the AK47 registration program from last October.  I took the copy from the State Police Barracks (with their permission, btw) and scanned it for my recoreds.

Rome

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here's a copy of the AK47 registration program from last October.  I took the copy from the State Police Barracks (with their permission, btw) and scanned it for my recoreds.
Rome
members.cox.net/romanpolaski/curiosandrelics/ak47%20warning%20.jpg

Thats a good one to have, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#9]
You're entirely welcome.  

There are many 7.62 x 39 owners in our State that have no idea that this reg even exsists and if challenged, might end up losing their rifle.  At least the State won't prosecute you with a fine or jail time but losing a nice AK would be bad enough.  The trouble is that now that the registration period is over, there is NO WAY you can legally comply any longer.  The only thing you can do is sell that non-registered AK out-of-state, period.  

Regarding the situation with the AR15,  however, this forum has a thread in the AR section and has asked those owners of pre-ban receivers consider a trade for new receivers.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=200398&page=1

Since most states don't have an AWB of their own  their pre-ban status only serves those who are still under scrutiny (ike CT, MA, and NY). A number of us have already made arrangements to excercise a swap and in my case, even-Steven.  I'm thrilled and the new owner of my Eagle will be very happy, too.  So, jump on board, fellow Connecticutions.  There is a very legal way to still comply with the regs AND have a pre-ban in your collection.  It's always been there but trying to find a preban receiver was extremely hard and very expensive.   I'd suggest that you act sooner than later, too, as it isn't very far-fetched to think that some addition to the regs will be introduced which will close this opportunity to us.  

Thanks, Justin, for posting this very helpful and informative thread.

Rome
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm looking for a pre-ban but I'm new to shooting so I don't know if I would be able to complete a rifle with just the lower. Also, having nothing to trade means I need it to be an outright cash purchase.  What is a reasonable price range for a pre-ban in good condition? Any help is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi Jack.  The lower is the most crucial part of the rifle because in the eyes of the ATF, it IS the rifle.  So, having it will allow you to purchase the upper receiver assembly, the stock, and all the bits and pieces you'll need to assemble your "preban".  

If you poke at this forum, you'll find a plethora of posts regarding building.  As rifles go, the AR15 is one of the most straight-forward rifles to start with.  You don't need any special tools and there is a wide variety of rifles you can assemble.  The hard part will be deciding just that.

So, obtain your lower and then follow the "industry" forum at the top of this forum for AR15 complete kits or go ahead and do it "buffet" style.  It's up to you.

Rome
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#12]
The CT AWB comes up so often because it is extremely confusing, and that makes it easy to become an instant criminal, no matter who angelic you are.

This made me think for a second, and an idea just hit me.

We cannot buy a Colt AR-15 or Colt Sporter labeled rifle, because they had to be registered by the cutoff date, and if they are not, then they are banned by name.

But what about the preban Match Target series? Are those not legal to buy currently? I mean, they are not banned by name, and are still prebans, so why the hell not, eh?

Sonuva... I think we have something here! Or am I just behind the times? I always thought that the MT series were considered the same thing as the Sporter labels.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The CT AWB comes up so often because it is extremely confusing, and that makes it easy to become an instant criminal, no matter who angelic you are.

This made me think for a second, and an idea just hit me.

We cannot buy a Colt AR-15 or Colt Sporter labeled rifle, because they had to be registered by the cutoff date, and if they are not, then they are banned by name.

But what about the preban Match Target series? Are those not legal to buy currently? I mean, they are not banned by name, and are still prebans, so why the hell not, eh?

Sonuva... I think we have something here! Or am I just behind the times? I always thought that the MT series were considered the same thing as the Sporter labels.

Believe it or not, you CAN buy a Preban Match HBAR (what few of them there are).

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:07:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Pardon me.
FUCK! ALL THIS DAMN TIME AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE INCLUDED IN THE SPORTER THINGY. $W^&#%^#!#$^@%^*^#$#####3
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:47:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I've found a Preban DPMS M4 type in good condition. Has a cast aluminum lower receiver and an M4 upper from CMMG. This will be my first AR if I go with it. Any issues with that you folks know about with this type of rifle? What would be a fair price range in your opinion?
Info is much appreciated,
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a post-ban M4, and I bought a COLLAPSEABLE STOCK, can I put that on my rifle?
I'm not going to sell the gun, just for personal use, is it OK?
I live in CT.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#17]
No you can not put the stock on. Read the posts above for more info.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#18]
How about this one?

Living in CT sucks for us gun owners, but I am interested in this question?  

The new COLT LE M4 rifle is considered an assault weapon in CT because of the Coll stock, bayo lug, flashhider. and threaded barrel and made after 94.

Now if I lived in CT and wanted to obtain a 6920 would I be able to strip the 6920 of its coll stock, m4 upper and install a full stock and post ban upper and THEN have it come to CT?  It is not marked AR-15 or SPORTER anywhere on the GUN.  It is marked LE only though and it would have all POSTBAN features and comply with CT law.  I could then keep the original M4 upper on my NFA m16 and keep it stored toatlly seperate fromm the 6920.  Then I would have a nice collectible lower for when I move out of state I could then re-install its origianl upper.

SO what makes this any different than any other ar lower receiver selling on the market today coming into CT?

Thanks in Advance
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How about this one?

The new COLT LE M4 rifle is considered an assault weapon in CT because of the Coll stock, bayo lug, flashhider. and threaded barrel and made after 94.

Now if I lived in CT and wanted to obtain a 6920 would I be able to strip the 6920 of its coll stock, m4 upper and install a full stock and post ban upper and THEN have it come to CT?  It is not marked AR-15 or SPORTER anywhere on the GUN.  It is marked LE only though and it would have all POSTBAN features and comply with CT law.  I could then keep the original M4 upper on my NFA m16 and keep it stored toatlly seperate fromm the 6920.  Then I would have a nice collectible lower for when I move out of state I could then re-install its origianl upper.

SO what makes this any different than any other ar lower receiver selling on the market today coming into CT?

Thanks in Advance

yes, that would be ok...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#20]
THanks!
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#21]
So if I sent my upper out to Adco and had them permanantly attach an A2 or a Phantom flash hider, would it be ok?

Steve
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So if I sent my upper out to Adco and had them permanantly attach an A2 or a Phantom flash hider, would it be ok?

Steve

no, but you can have them shave the bayonet lug and permanently install a cav comp or equivalent.
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about this one?

Thanks in Advance

yes, that would be ok...

Are you sure? I was under the impression that COLT was banned specifically by name not just the "2 of  5" law.
Link Posted: 12/7/2004 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#24]
The name AR15 is banned in CT..............
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#25]
AR15 and Sporter are specifically named but how about AR15 II or Sporter II?
Link Posted: 12/14/2004 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#26]
If it is STAMPED anywhere on the gun "AR-15" or "SPORTER" it is banned.  So the answer is YES it is banned, unless it is FULL AUTO ONLY(NFA).
Link Posted: 12/14/2004 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Anything wrong with bringing a Old Essential arms into this state. Its traded hands several times, but am told it was a complete rifle before the ban. And would be coming here complete. This would be my " shooter", since I already have a Eagle as my Queen.
Link Posted: 12/14/2004 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Since, according to the BATFE,  the receiver is the firearm.  Therefore if it's a "pre-ban" you should be fine.  A number of us AR15 owners here have traded our new Eagles and other "post-ban" recievers with guys who returned "old pre-bans" and now we're legal.  Mine is a 1989 EA.  Before the ban was lifted everywhere else, we could have purchased (at very high cost) a preban without any issues.  Since the ban is gone in all but 7 states, those prebans are only valueable to us, now.

However the area that is still cloudy is if your have a Colt Sporter.  To my recollection, there was a 'registration' of those specific weapons a number of years ago and the window to own them is closed, just like the AK47 in 7.62 x 39 is illegal here anymore.  If you do have a registered one, you cannot even sell them in State, only to an out of state person/dealer.

Some of the regulations here in CT are clear-cut.  Many are very vague.  All are rediculous, especially the one regarding the AK47.  Banning a firearm because of a name only is the height of ignorance in my very humble opinion.  

Rome
Link Posted: 12/14/2004 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks. I bought a pre-ban Eagle, and looking at another pre now.

With the prices almost even with new Manufacture, im working on converting most over to pre-ban lowers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2004 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Can someone explain how the Mini-14 w/folding stock is banned but a "GB"folder is legal? Wouldn't it fall under the same premise as Colt "AR-15/Sporter"?
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Can someone explain how the Mini-14 w/folding stock is banned but a "GB"folder is legal? Wouldn't it fall under the same premise as Colt "AR-15/Sporter"?

The list specifies...

"Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only"

(www.state.ct.us/dps/SLFU/FirearmsAssaultWeaponsList.htm)
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#32]

The list specifies...

Yes but the GB folder is essentially the same thing right?  It's a (1) Ruger, (2) Mini-14, (3) folding stock model.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Welcome to the wonderful world of vagueness in legislation.  

From what I can glean from your post, (I'm not familiar with a GB folder), it probably doesn't have the exact same nomenclature on the rifle as the straight forward Mini-14 has on it and which is specifically identified in the ban.  If this is the case, then you can make the arguement that while they are similar, even having interchangable parts, they are different.  Look at the AK47 and the SAR in 223 or 308.  They are virtually identical save for the caliber.  This is what happens when you have "feel good" legislation created by those ignorant with firearms.  In reality, it works to our advantage, however.  Take the FAL for instance.  I own one perfectly legally.  It doesn't have an Imbel receiver but every other part is identical to the one that specifically designated in the regs.  Yes, mine is also only semi-auto but I couldnt' even own a semi-auto if the receiver says "FAL" on it.  So, properly drafted, the law could say "....and any kit gun built on the FAL weapon" or something similar.  The same is true with the AR15.  Colt is specifically identified but all others are ignored.   So, I understand your frustration with the way things are here, now, but they could be very much worse.  Someday, they may be worse.  I'm doing my part to make sure I'm taking advantage of this window of opportunity while I can (to the detriment of my budget...just ask my wife!).  

Rome
Link Posted: 12/17/2004 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I understand the AK "type" legislation but the Mini-14GB Folder is identical to the Mini-14 folder. The difference is the GB model usually has a flash hider.  Been told that the CT ban specifically states Mini-14/5 folding stock only. Well the GB model is a Mini-14 w/factory Ruger folding stock yet it's legal. Therefore, if the ban specifically states "AR-15/Sporter" only then a AR-15 II or Sporter II should be legal than right?
Link Posted: 12/19/2004 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#35]
anybody?
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The list specifies...

Yes but the GB folder is essentially the same thing right?  It's a (1) Ruger, (2) Mini-14, (3) folding stock model.  

The GB folder may be a "Mini-14 Folding Stock Model", but it's not a "Mini-14/5F Folding Stock Model Only".  They put a very specific model designation on there with the "/5F".  
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Welcome to the wonderful world of vagueness in legislation.  

From what I can glean from your post, (I'm not familiar with a GB folder), it probably doesn't have the exact same nomenclature on the rifle as the straight forward Mini-14 has on it and which is specifically identified in the ban.  If this is the case, then you can make the arguement that while they are similar, even having interchangable parts, they are different.  Look at the AK47 and the SAR in 223 or 308.  They are virtually identical save for the caliber.  This is what happens when you have "feel good" legislation created by those ignorant with firearms.  In reality, it works to our advantage, however.  Take the FAL for instance.  I own one perfectly legally.  It doesn't have an Imbel receiver but every other part is identical to the one that specifically designated in the regs.  Yes, mine is also only semi-auto but I couldnt' even own a semi-auto if the receiver says "FAL" on it.  So, properly drafted, the law could say "....and any kit gun built on the FAL weapon" or something similar.  The same is true with the AR15.  Colt is specifically identified but all others are ignored.   So, I understand your frustration with the way things are here, now, but they could be very much worse.  Someday, they may be worse.  I'm doing my part to make sure I'm taking advantage of this window of opportunity while I can (to the detriment of my budget...just ask my wife!).  

Rome

here's the deal about the FAL type rifles. As long as it isn't marked Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, it's legal. The imbel recievers are marked FAL, not FN/FAL and as such, are legal. There are even Fabrique Nationale FALs that are not marked FN/FAL but rather marked target that are legal as well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Really!  Thanks for the clarification.  This whole thing is so stupid.  

While I've got some attention here, I'm interested in building a semi-auto Uzi.  I can find a kit from SARCO and pick up a semi-auto only receiver from another supplier.  Other than worrying about US parts compliance, does anyone see any issues?

Rome
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 5:21:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes if the receiver is stamped UZI anywhere on it you might have a problem!
Link Posted: 12/21/2004 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#40]
SO getting back to the "AR-15/Sporter", the ban list just that so a AR-15 II or Sporter II should be legal than right?
Going on the same premise as

The imbel recievers are marked FAL, not FN/FAL and as such, are legal.

Link Posted: 12/21/2004 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
SO getting back to the "AR-15/Sporter", the ban list just that so a AR-15 II or Sporter II should be legal than right?
Going on the same premise as

The imbel recievers are marked FAL, not FN/FAL and as such, are legal.

Nope, it'd be a "Colt AR15" still or a "Colt Sporter" still, and as such would be an assault weapon.   The Imbel recievers aren't marked "FN".  

Using your analogy, if it said "BUSHMASTER SPORTER" or "BUSHMASTER AR15" or "COLT XM15", or "COLT FU-15", then you'd be ok.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2004 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Last 2 cents.................

They put a very specific model designation on there with the "/5F".

Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way but yes, specific model designation for Colt is the AR15/Sporter (period)   When it's the II model, isn't that different?  The Mini 14GBF which is essentially the Mini-14F is the same rifle yet the "5F" is what separates it so shall the "II" in the AR15 and Sporter.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Call the weapons unit at the CT State PD.  They will answer all the questions !
:-)
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Last 2 cents.................

They put a very specific model designation on there with the "/5F".

Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way but yes, specific model designation for Colt is the AR15/Sporter (period)   When it's the II model, isn't that different?  The Mini 14GBF which is essentially the Mini-14F is the same rifle yet the "5F" is what separates it so shall the "II" in the AR15 and Sporter.

You're missing how they're determining the model of the weapon though.

"IF IT SAYS COLT SPORTER, IT'S ILLEGAL".  

Thats the logic.  

If the model designation of the Mini14 was Mini14/5F-GBF, it'd be illegal too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I have a post-ban M4, and I bought a COLLAPSEABLE STOCK, can I put that on my rifle?
I'm not going to sell the gun, just for personal use, is it OK?
I live in CT.

YES, you can put it on, **IF you permanently pin the stock so it will not collapse.**  It has to be in a fixed posistion.  Either do that or sell it and buy a post-ban version that is already pinned.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#46]
IF the word "colt" is on that receiver anywhere, it's history here.  Again, there are a lot of guys that have them in our state but they are "registered" with the state.  You can't bring in any Colt marked receivers, period, regardless of their designations.  I know this is hard to fathom but that's the way it is.

Rome
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
IF the word "colt" is on that receiver anywhere, it's history here.  Again, there are a lot of guys that have them in our state but they are "registered" with the state.  You can't bring in any Colt marked receivers, period, regardless of their designations.  I know this is hard to fathom but that's the way it is.
Rome

Well, it can say Colt, it just can't say Colt Sporter or Colt AR15.  You can have Colt Match Targets, Colt M4 Match Targets, Colt Elite HBAR, etc...

Link Posted: 1/29/2005 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Does this mean that if I want to build or buy an AR15 clone in CT then it still has to follow the 1994 AWB rules (except it can take hi-cap mags)?
Link Posted: 1/30/2005 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Does this mean that if I want to build or buy an AR15 clone in CT then it still has to follow the 1994 AWB rules (except it can take hi-cap mags)?

READ

THE

FAQ

THANK

YOU
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#50]
AWB list:

Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3

So a G3 clone marked XG3S would be legal right?  It's not a SA rifle but marked "XG3S"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top