Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/10/2015 5:01:39 PM EDT
I need to add someone to my team that's mid to senior level and has experience with NISPOM, SIPRNet & STIGs.  Ideally, you know how IDS's work and have used FireEye, IronPort, Palo Alto's, SIEM's, Retina/Nessus, etc, etc.  Your duties will be split between the classified and unclassified networks approximately 75/25.  We all work on the same stuff, but your main focus will be the class side, though.

Pros:
Fun environment
Laid back atmosphere (non-profit)
Tons of training opportunities
Top Secret Clearance, if you don't already have one
Several ARFCOM members work here
Lots of other awesome benefits (choice of company provided new phone - Apple or Android, etc)
On-site 24/7 fitness center
All the free coffee and iced tea you'd like  

Cons:
We don't have free parking ($120/mo)
It's in Arlington  

So, if you fit the bill, or know someone who does, and want more info, let me know.  I'm looking ASAP and wanted to post here first.  (I'll take a more Jr. depending on .MIL, NISPOM, SIPRNet & STIGs experience.)
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What area?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What area?
View Quote

Clarendon Metro area.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen the word "STIG" in a while.  Still made me twitch.  Good luck and good on you for posting here first!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#4]
In case you haven't already done so.... you might want to cross post this to the MD and DC forums (not sure if there are Arf members living in DC.)

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't seen the word "STIG" in a while.  Still made me twitch.  Good luck and good on you for posting here first!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks, I'm going to need luck.  Why is it so hard to give away high paying jobs?  Forget having a stack of resumes to go through, I'd be happy to talk to ONE PERSON!

Quoted:
In case you haven't already done so.... you might want to cross post this to the MD and DC forums (not sure if there are Arf members living in DC.)

I thought about that, but figured anyone with half a brain would have left those hell-holes a long while ago.  

I'll cast the net over there and see what I can catch.  Maybe a stand-up guy (or gal) looking for work over there.  Posted to the .mil forum as well, but no dice.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Feel free to post this at pistol-forum as well, we have a lot of  NoVA IT guys there too and I'm a mod there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh those STIGs

Sorry but no SIPRNet experience here.  Everything I do is all on the NIPR side.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Had me till you said Arlington....
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Had me till you said Arlington....
View Quote

Hey, at least it's still in Virginia!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Pic of office rifle rack not loading.....
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pic of office rifle rack not loading.....
View Quote

That's because we can't have cameras where I'm at.  

But trust me, you would think we were either all military recruiters or gun lobbyists the way this place is decked out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#13]
You had me until Arlington.

Seriously.  I'd have to take the train
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You had me until Arlington.

Seriously.  I'd have to take the train
View Quote

Damn...  I can't GIVE this job away.  We were 4 miles south a year ago, which was nice because I live south.  But we built a brand new building and have been here just over a year.  Employees and family were able to come out on 4th of July this year and last and watch the fireworks from the roof, so that's a nice perk.  And missing the traffic leaving DC.

Anyway, might have enough extras and pay well enough to entice someone.  Obviously, as a gun forum I don't expect a lot of techies, but since NOVA is known as Silicon Valley East I'd have never figured I'd not get a single response.  Not just from here, from anywhere I've posted!

I've only had 7 views in the .mil jobs forum.  7 views!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I IMed you back and pushed this post to my more qualified coworker...  

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Wish I had more current experience with that stuff.  My current security role has been more compliance oriented than what you're looking for
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Surprised you haven't had more folks jumping on that.  I can introduce you to some recruiters if your in-house folks aren't getting you enough resumes to look at.  It's not my specialty, or I'd be interested myself (I do program management).  My wife's office is right there in Clarendon, nice neighborhood.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Surprised you haven't had more folks jumping on that.  I can introduce you to some recruiters if your in-house folks aren't getting you enough resumes to look at.  It's not my specialty, or I'd be interested myself (I do program management).  My wife's office is right there in Clarendon, nice neighborhood.  Good luck!
View Quote

Might need it.  We've got in-house recruiters plus a paid headhunter and no one can find a single resume to send me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I once had to STIG a box that booted off a CD every time.  Getting that locked down was an adventure.    I think my technical days are behind me, though.

Most of the folk you're looking at already have some government experience via .mil or .gov jobs.  Go surf USAJOBS and you'll see a billion or 2 IT Security openings.  Most people want to get their 20 years in to secure a pension these days, you have to pay a lot or have some prestige to get the resumes coming in for mid/senior level.  

Do what I keep telling my boss to do...hire quality entry level people then spend the money you save on salary on their training, and you'll have good mid-level people in no time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I once had to STIG a box that booted off a CD every time.  Getting that locked down was an adventure.    I think my technical days are behind me, though.

Most of the folk you're looking at already have some government experience via .mil or .gov jobs.  Go surf USAJOBS and you'll see a billion or 2 IT Security openings.  Most people want to get their 20 years in to secure a pension these days, you have to pay a lot or have some prestige to get the resumes coming in for mid/senior level.  

Do what I keep telling my boss to do...hire quality entry level people then spend the money you save on salary on their training, and you'll have good mid-level people in no time.
View Quote

Unfortunately, I need someone yesterday.  Hiring and training someone isn't feasible.  I can't get into a lot of details about what we do, either, which makes hiring difficult unless you meet certain criteria for interview purposes (and certainly not post worthy on the innerwebs).  Other than to say my team does, well, we do cool shit.  And I'm passionate about it - we're making a huge difference and pissing off a lot of countries.  

But to your comment about pay.  The pay is absolutely sick.  There should be a group of people fighting it out gladiator style for the position.

And you're spot on, people with jobs aren't necessarily looking if they are taken care of and enjoy their positions.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#21]
If it makes you feel better, I want the job but I'm not IT.    
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If it makes you feel better, I want the job but I'm not IT.    
View Quote

LOL - yeah, that does make me feel a little better.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, I need someone yesterday.  Hiring and training someone isn't feasible.  I can't get into a lot of details about what we do, either, which makes hiring difficult unless you meet certain criteria for interview purposes (and certainly not post worthy on the innerwebs).  Other than to say my team does, well, we do cool shit.  And I'm passionate about it - we're making a huge difference and pissing off a lot of countries.  

But to your comment about pay.  The pay is absolutely sick.  There should be a group of people fighting it out gladiator style for the position.

And you're spot on, people with jobs aren't necessarily looking if they are taken care of and enjoy their positions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that alone would make me want to change careers.

No OJT huh?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like an interesting job.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No OJT huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No OJT huh?

For you, I'll make an exception.  You can film it and we can use it as a recruiting tool at DEF CON  .  (Fuck, I wish I was going this year... )
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Alright, I still need someone - badly.  Here's what I can work with - Minimum active Secret clearance (we'll bump it to TS); experience with STIG's; experience with SIPR related stuff (ACAS, HBSS, etc).

I don't need mastery level kung fu, I need someone I can converse with on those topics and won't respond with "What's a STIG?".  We can teach you everything else.

Typical previous job titles might be Information Assurance Engineer, Information Assurance Analyst, ISSO...

Let me know.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Alright, I still need someone - badly.  Here's what I can work with - Minimum active Secret clearance (we'll bump it to TS); experience with STIG's; experience with SIPR related stuff (ACAS, HBSS, etc).

I don't need mastery level kung fu, I need someone I can converse with on those topics and won't respond with "What's a STIG?".  We can teach you everything else.

Typical previous job titles might be Information Assurance Engineer, Information Assurance Analyst, ISSO...

Let me know.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me know.

http://insideevs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/The-Stig2.jpg

Unfortunately that's pretty much what I'm getting.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Too bad this wasn't open 5 years ago when I did this work and pen testing! Hoping you get someone soon!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Tempting...
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#31]
You still looking?

I'm a CISSP with current TS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You still looking?

I'm a CISSP with current TS.
View Quote

I certainly am.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Sent you an email.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sent you an email.
View Quote

Yesterday right?  I responded to your yahoo @ a little after 5.  Is this another email?  I haven't gotten anything else.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yesterday right?  I responded to your yahoo @ a little after 5.  Is this another email?  I haven't gotten anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sent you an email.

Still interested?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Still looking...
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Looking for an intern?  I am majoring in Info Tech at GMU with a focus in Security. Huh Huh you know you want to.  I had a secret clearance at one point with in the last 4 years.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:03:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Looking for an intern?  I am majoring in Info Tech at GMU with a focus in Security. Huh Huh you know you want to.  I had a secret clearance at one point with in the last 4 years.

View Quote

I PM'ed you.

I can't believe how hard it is to fill this...
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow.  Looks like a great job, you'd think around this area there would be plenty of interest.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I can do anything....

Security no one needs that crap.  Keep it of fthe internet then it is secure.

IT security well I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night but not an Express.  

This stuff is not hard just getting a TS might be an issue.  I have a TS but not a IT guy.  I just know how to do it because IT guys I have had hired by my Agency are idiots.  It's like they raided a Special Ed Bus.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I can do anything....

This stuff is not hard just getting a TS might be an issue.  I have a TS but not a IT guy.  I just know how to do it because IT guys I have had hired by my Agency are idiots.  It's like they raided a Special Ed Bus.
View Quote

You're a funny guy. I think I'll keep you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I can do anything....

View Quote

I don't know whether to laugh or facepalm myself.  It's not the Internet - it's SIPRNet, hence the TS requirement.

Either way, your post had me laughing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm surprised you have not gotten more candidates. Do you think it is the location?

Most of that sort of people that I know seem to prefer the Reston or Chantilly areas. Back in the day, my wife worked on
the router architecture for both sipper and nipper - but you can't have her - I still have use for her myself.

Have you considered the impact on contract positions if sequestration continues - I hear there is a lot of contingency planning
going on with regard to contract positions.

You could get lucky and pick up contractors from any number of organizations in the intel community if the budget numbers do
not work out.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I know what STIGs are!!

=p

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm surprised you have not gotten more candidates. Do you think it is the location?

Most of that sort of people that I know seem to prefer the Reston or Chantilly areas. Back in the day, my wife worked on
the router architecture for both sipper and nipper - but you can't have her - I still have use for her myself.

Have you considered the impact on contract positions if sequestration continues - I hear there is a lot of contingency planning

You could get lucky and pick up contractors from any number of organizations in the intel community if the budget numbers do
not work out.

View Quote

I don't know what the deal is.  The benefits are outstanding, the pay is excellent, the hours are flexible...  I can only assume the people qualified for the job are already employed and not interested in moving along?

But I got more money today so I can hire yet another person!  Which is a Catch 22, since I can't even fill the first damn position...

At least the new position is a Jr level position, so I can hire any of you scrubs that are interested.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't know what the deal is.  The benefits are outstanding, the pay is excellent, the hours are flexible...  I can only assume the people qualified for the job are already employed and not interested in moving along?

But I got more money today so I can hire yet another person!  Which is a Catch 22, since I can't even fill the first damn position...

At least the new position is a Jr level position, so I can hire any of you scrubs that are interested.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not work out.

what is the minimum requirements for the jr. position, I may be interested.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not work out.

I'm typing the job description now - so it's TBD.  It's probably going to require a full Secret clearance to start (I can get you an interim TS within a week or so).  But without a full Secret you can't sit in the closed areas unescorted.

Otherwise, the job description will require a degree in IT/IA or a STEM field and an IAM Level I certification 8570.01-M (CAP, GSLC, or Security+ CE).  If you don't have a cert but you otherwise "wow" me, you'll have six months to get one and we'll pay for the books/training/exam.

Ideally I'd like someone who has worked in IT or security for a couple of years.  An understanding of basic networking is ideal... maybe played around with Red Hat or Ubuntu... run a vulnerability scan before (sqlmap, metasploit, nessus, etc).

Again, it's a junior position so you just need to be extremely motivated to learn and contribute, but I don't expect you to hack a Chinese mainframe.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm typing the job description now - so it's TBD.  It's probably going to require a full Secret clearance to start (I can get you an interim TS within a week or so).  But without a full Secret you can't sit in the closed areas unescorted.

Otherwise, the job description will require a degree in IT/IA or a STEM field and an IAM Level I certification 8570.01-M (CAP, GSLC, or Security+ CE).  If you don't have a cert but you otherwise "wow" me, you'll have six months to get one and we'll pay for the books/training/exam.

Ideally I'd like someone who has worked in IT or security for a couple of years.  An understanding of basic networking is ideal... maybe played around with Red Hat or Ubuntu... run a vulnerability scan before (sqlmap, metasploit, nessus, etc).

Again, it's a junior position so you just need to be extremely motivated to learn and contribute, but I don't expect you to hack a Chinese mainframe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not work out.

PM sent
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

PM sent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not work out.

PM sent

Seems to be problems with PMs?  Says there are too many within the last 24 hours that are similar...  weird.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#50]
i got your IM reply.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top