Dario O Marquez, Jr

president and CEO of the Silver Eagle Group

Campaign

Contributions Committee

$35,000 Moran for Governor - Brian  

$5,000 Bulova for Fairfax County Board Chair - Sharon

$5,000 Howell for Senate - Janet

$500 Plum for Delegate - Kenneth  

This was just for the last year. Something to think about.

ETA. IIRC you are fairly new to the area. Brian Moron is the brother of Jim. I and a lot of others went out of our way in the dem primary last year to vote for deeds out of fear that he would win the primary. Take a look at Jim's record it would be similar. Brian was best know as one of the biggest fund raisers for the national dem party. Bulova is as bad as that worthless piece of shit connolly who was the past Chairman of FFX county board of supervisors(currently in the house of representatives) and received money from Marquez. The other two I don't know much about since I am not in their area but you can review their voting record online.

I also heard they eat babies and worship the dark lord. Kick puppies and listen to Yani while using the bible to wipe their bums.  I say we stone them as appearently a difference of opinion is a difference of principle.

Stone them... no. Give them more money to donate.... HELL NO.

Link Posted: 3/1/2010 6:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#2]

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:

Is this supposed to be your sarcastic way of saying you'll spend you money with whom you choose?

If only I *had* money to spend at the moment. Dentist bills, car repairs, lawn & hedge repairs because of the 15 feet of snow all sapped my "play-funds." I'm not shooting anywhere except my mouth off here, which is still free.

No this was more intended to point out that between people who deal crack to children for a living and people who run an honest business but have some whacky philosophical ideals (which last I checked was still permitted in our nation); they almost seemed to be vilified more than the child peddling crack dealers.

Are the owners card carrying lib-lovers. . .absolutely seems to appear so based upon their donations.  Do I and many others who post here agree with their political ideas? I'm willing to bet not. Am I ready to tie them to verbal stakes in the town hall and metaphorically burn them as witches for heresy in having a contrary set of political viewpoints, not so much.

I don't fault anybody who chooses to not patronize their business and exercise their right to speak out with their pocketbook and go elsewhere.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:30:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redemption_IBIG] [#3]
Originally Posted By KaosDad:

Lastly - this whole idea really, really is doing a bender on what little gray matter I have left.  A fireing range that supports anti-firearm ownership candidates????  A firing range that ruffed up the attorney that won the DC firearms ownership case?????  

Argh.

Makes a lot of sense to me. Flawed, corrupt, atrocious and monstrous sense, but it makes sense. Liberals hate guns, liberals hate freedom, liberals hate the constitution. Liberals love money, liberals love taxes, liberals love regulations on previously free things.

Now, take the ranges. They used to be free to use apparently (thank you older members for that information), now there are charges. Rental guns are a huge boon for firing ranges. Now, right now people can go out and buy their own gun and never pay for a rental gun fee again. If the only way to shoot a gun were to rent one at a firing range, who benefits most from this? It sure isn't you. The two answers are very obvious. "NFA" items were the first step in this corrupt, disgusting direction for firing ranges and in general.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:52:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#4]
Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah this thread is headed in a good direction
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:49:53 AM EDT
[#6]
The truth is a good direction to me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 7:31:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#7]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:32:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#8]

figured you edit that. You could've at least let me read his reply.

And no he didnt email me.

eta. You know, now it looks like I said something rude, vulgar, or insulting personally.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:55:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:50:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shadow] [#10]
For whatever reason this thread continues to cause a " debate " with some so-called gun owners.

And again, I cannot begin to understand why..

So lets look at it another way.

Gun-grabbers want to take away your rights, your legal rights. In some areas they have already been successful.

The NFA tax, which at the time all but "banned" mgs from law-abiding 'po folk  
The ban in '86
The ban in '94
The "ban" states
The DC ban

and on, and on, and on, and on, and I know I forgot( left out) a bunch, I'm just pressed for time right now

Now the majority of US households contain at least one legal firearm

That SHOULD mean that the majority of American, law-abiding, gun owners would be able to work together to protect these rights..... but alas, it doesn't

So being the minority, how do they do it ??

From within, thats how.

They wisely choose to strip away rights that not all gun owners care about...

The relatively small but vocal c3 crowd lost out in '86, and now we ALL suffer because of it.  ALL OF US

But some didn't care then.  It didn't affect the shotgun over the mantle, or the .22 in the closet, the 'ole lever gun in the truck rack, Dad's rifle that was passed down to the next generation,

" Who NEEDS a machinegun " was the reply , " You can't hunt with it ? "

So then they went after the semi-autos.  Its a machinegun they cried. Looks the same, it MUST be........

And again, some gun owners didn't care

So you go ahead and give those bastards your money. Do for whatever reason makes you warm and fuzzy inside. Justify it to yourself in whatever way you need.

Just don't preach your lies in my direction...

A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf..........

So if you give a dime to a range that supports the gun grabbers, well you have no right to own a gun

None total.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Give money to the ANTI's
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Just a bump, to potentially prevent this thread from being transferred to the archive.
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow.

I know one range I will not be patronizing any time soon.

Thanks, larrycwdc, for bumping.
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:

Originally Posted By larrycwdc:

Just a bump, to potentially prevent this thread from being transferred to the archive.

This thread is set to not archive.

You da man!

Link Posted: 11/9/2010 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#16]
$35k for Moran???? WTF!!!!

+1 on the HELL NO!
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By caexpat:
Wow.

I know one range I will not be patronizing any time soon.

Thanks, larrycwdc, for bumping.

+1
So many practical reasons not to go to this range, and even more ethical reasons.
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't even know how much public shooting they allow anymore.  Some, yeah, but ever since Blackwater got busted apart in Iraq and the business was split amongst a lot of different security companies, MVM received a good amount of that business and they've been busy busy busy with training training training.  I have even heard that the showroom they once had is no longer there - they needed the space for more classrooms.

Silver Eagle started up with the intention of primarily being a government contracting range.  Oh and, if you were a filthy rich civilian, you could join too.

Now that parent company MVM has the business need for a lot of range time, guess where they're going?

Looks like they finally filled their primary objective.

All this, at least, is "the word on the street".

_MaH
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Somehow so much of this seems to be Bull Shit.  It seems to me that if he is a Pro Gun Democrat that he should be patronized and embraced, not ostracized.  I have followed this thread for sometime now and I have changed the way I have felt about this business.  I don't deal there as I am too far away, but if I was in the area and his prices were fair, I would deal there.

Those of us who vote Democrat more often split a ticket to vote for Republicans who we feel support our pro gun stance.  We gun owners first and Democrats second.  Most of us do not agree with some of the ideals of the Democratic Party.  Your better off to have this guy standing with you than against you.  The more you do to irritate him is going to drive him into the arms of the Dark Side of the Demo's.  Just like the Republicans the Demo's have a dark side.  The bright side of the Demo's is anti Abortion, Anti Tax sharing with those who do not work.  They are pro gun and anti Palin.  Think about it, we are legion and we vote, if you don't think so look at the resutls of last weeks election.  90 percent of those who feel this way are military vets, we are vocal and we all vote.  Many of us take a lot of pleasure in stiring up our republican friends.  

ANGMSG
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By ANGMSG:

Somehow so much of this seems to be Bull Shit. It seems to me that if he is a Pro Gun Democrat that he should be patronized and embraced, not ostracized.

He's not a pro gun Democrat if he's supporting people with F ratings.
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Many of us take a lot of pleasure in stiring up our republican friends.  

ANGMSG

I find that stirring up my republican "friends" usually occurs in the primaries.

I will NEVER darken a business's doors whose owner donates to the political filth that Silver Eagle does.
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#22]
It seems to me that if he is a Pro Gun Democrat that he should be patronized and embraced, not ostracized.

A pro-gun Democrat wouldn't donate to Rep Moran.  There are plenty of pro-gun "blue dog" type Democrats in Virginia, especially downstate, and I've donated to them in the past.
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Somehow so much of this seems to be Bull Shit.  It seems to me that if he is a Pro Gun Democrat that he should be patronized and embraced, not ostracized.  I have followed this thread for sometime now and I have changed the way I have felt about this business.  I don't deal there as I am too far away, but if I was in the area and his prices were fair, I would deal there.

Those of us who vote Democrat more often split a ticket to vote for Republicans who we feel support our pro gun stance.  We gun owners first and Democrats second.  Most of us do not agree with some of the ideals of the Democratic Party.  Your better off to have this guy standing with you than against you.  The more you do to irritate him is going to drive him into the arms of the Dark Side of the Demo's.  Just like the Republicans the Demo's have a dark side.  The bright side of the Demo's is anti Abortion, Anti Tax sharing with those who do not work.  They are pro gun and anti Palin.  Think about it, we are legion and we vote, if you don't think so look at the resutls of last weeks election.  90 percent of those who feel this way are military vets, we are vocal and we all vote.  Many of us take a lot of pleasure in stiring up our republican friends.  

ANGMSG

MARQUEZ, DARIO O JR
MCLEAN,VA 22102 MVM, INC./OWNER 6/23/09 $1,000 Connolly, Gerry (D)

MARQUEZ, DARIO O JR
MCLEAN,VA 22102 MVM, INC./OWNER 3/22/10 $1,000 Connolly, Gerry (D)

So you tell me if Connolly is a 2nd amendment supporter. Also the only time this guy wanted us to stand with him was when they were looking to get the approval permits to open the range. I am sure if you dig into the archives you can find the thread that shows we were duped into supporting this place in the beginning. IIRC at least a couple of members came back from that meeting pissed at what they heard.

Link Posted: 11/11/2010 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By u-baddog:
Money to Obama

Yea, between that and the attitude of their ' represenative ' here tells me that is not someplace I would want to give my money to

Link Posted: 11/11/2010 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#25]
HE Supported Jim the Moron?  Fuck the bastard!  Is lynching still legal in VA?  This one would not be racially motovated so we should be able to get a permit!

ANGMSG
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#26]
There were several people on this board who suspected all along, that all they really wanted was a piece of the government contracting market, and they would of course cater to the wealthy clientele who could at the time afford the ridiculous 'country club' fees which were quoted in their flyer... it seems like they've gotten what they really wanted after all - ?
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bonk2029:
Congratulations.  You just lost me as a potential customer.

+1

And thanks for keeping it alive mods, I would have eventually tried this place out but not anymore. As others have stated if you're making donations in attempts to get contracts you are
1. Lacking integrity
2. Breaking the law
3. Not concerned with who you market to (and everything they're fighting for) as long as your pocket gets filled.

People/shops like this dont deserve your business IMO
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 3:20:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jrock82] [#28]
No one comes to SEG because it's NORVA, and as we all know NORVA is just a bunch of hippy liberals.

Seriously though, most of the stuff listed in this thread is why I have heard it is not popular.

People haven't learned yet, that the best business formula is being honest and giving customers what they want, not what they think they need.

I am blown away that some of you guys pay $14-25 an hour for range fees. The range I work at is tits, and our fee is $8, and you can shoot as long as you want if there isn't a wait, and I think that is too much.
Link Posted: 11/12/2010 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Jrock82:
No one comes to SEG because it's NORVA, and as we all know NORVA is just a bunch of hippy liberals.

Seriously though, most of the stuff listed in this thread is why I have heard it is not popular.

People haven't learned yet, that the best business formula is being honest and giving customers what they want, not what they think they need.

I am blown away that some of you guys pay $14-25 an hour for range fees. The range I work at is tits, and our fee is $8, and you can shoot as long as you want if there isn't a wait, and I think that is too much.

And you are located where????

Link Posted: 11/12/2010 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By donnieR32:

Some of us very sensibly escaped to WV.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for bumping this. I thought about doing it a few times, but I didn't know if a mod would have had a problem with it or not.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 12:56:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

nice.  Some of us are members at private clubs.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Some of us don't need clubs to shoot  
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#34]

We are in SE Virginia.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#35]

I am blown away that some of you guys pay $14-25 an hour for range fees.

I doubt I have much choice.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Hard_Rock:

Well played sir, well played. Now, just tell me where you go and I will ditch my membership. Haha. The GF and I are looking to "invest" in some land west of us, that will be our primary shooting and camping area. However; that is still a few years down the road.

Link Posted: 11/13/2010 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Ah yes private clubs nice if you can get in one!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Read the first page of thread and saw no links to site or any information on location of this business. Fail.
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CyberSEAL:
Read the first page of thread and saw no links to site or any information on location of this business. Fail.

It's in Ashburn, Va.  The FAIL is the fact that these guys are elitists that want to jam gun control in our asses while they reap the benefits.  Anyone that frequents that range is helping the anti's and needs a good ass kicking.
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Couldn't we just let this thread die?
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ffemt11b:

Oh hell no.  This needs to live on forever to remind people just what hypocrites these people are.  And to warn people that just might not know what they are going to be doing by dealing with these anti's.  

This thread needs to be permanently tacked!
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Oh hell no.  This needs to live on forever to remind people just what hypocrites these people are.  And to warn people that just might not know what they are going to be doing by dealing with these anti's.  

Agreed.

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#43]

There's a suppressor HOA joke in there somewhere.

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By wmounts:

Agreed.

+1 It should be tacked until the fuckers go OUT OF BUSINESS.

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 8:03:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

Agreed.

They will.  I have never seen such a poorly managed business.  

Piss off customers?  Yep
Piss off prospects?  Yep
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Is that the best outcome?
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Agreed.

I'd love to see them loose everything including their business, but cannot agree on tacking this thread.

I don't think the owners of this site would want to be involved with that.

-3D
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By tknogeek:

Their actions have directly harmed the 2nd Amendment Rights of the citizens of Virginia and the United States for personal gain.  So... yes, them going out of business is the best course of action that can occur.
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 3DVR_M4:

Agreed.

I'd love to see them loose everything including their business, but cannot agree on tacking this thread.

I don't think the owners of this site would want to be involved with that.

-3D

If the owners of SEG don't like it, then they should have considered the reaction of the people they are screwing for their own gain before doing what they did.  They are lower than whale shit and what they have done is absolutely unforgivable.
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By tknogeek:

Their actions have directly harmed the 2nd Amendment Rights of the citizens of Virginia and the United States for personal gain.  So... yes, them going out of business is the best course of action that can occur.
Help me understand your position: Regarding "directly harming" the 2A rights of Virginians, which of the political candidates in question have successfully deterred any pro-2A or passed any anti-2A legislation? (Especially considering the pro-2A success last session of the VA assembly.)

As one who had to hold his nose while voting for McCain, I can understand the frustration with the current management's political donations, but do we really want to see the business shut down with the loss of a quality local indoor 50yd range? Or is there another option that would suit all parties better? Like perhaps a change in management? Or cessation of political donations?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top