Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2007 12:47:32 PM EDT
I was in Wally world in Fair Lakes buying some ammo before I went to the NRA Range in FFX , I was printing a little but and the bottom of the holster was showing, (I should have worn a looser fitting jacket). And  while I was waiting for my buddy to check out a FCPD LEO walked up next to me and inquired if I was carrying I said I was and told him I was and asked if he wanted to see my permit, he said no, thats fine and shook my hand and walked away. The whole time I was very impressed with his professionalism, and politeness.  Overall a good experience.  

My hats off to the FCPD

On another note I was quite impressed with the NRA Range in FFX.  I can't wait to go back.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe just making contact to see if you'd squirm (and reveal you weren't a CHP holder)?  Maybe he's just chatty and found an excuse to say hi to someone.  Either way, sounds like you met a good one, and glad to hear all went well!  So far all the FCPD officers I have met have been stand-up.  Too bad the BoS is full of arrogant, elitist, deceitful pricks.

Yeah, NRA range boils the rock lobster.  I don't get there near as often as I should.  It is a great place to take new shooters, as they actively take interest in safety and have a great facility.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait.....did you check your dog yet?  How about your cat?

J/K
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a good encounter. I agree he probably was just looking for an opportunity to talk to you. Another possibility is it was a hint, 'hey, your gun is showing.'
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a dog but I just called my parents and their dog is fine too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
VCDL has had nothing but a professional relationship with FCPD for many years now.  I personally think they are one of the best PDs in the state.   When they have made a mistake, they are quick to assess blame and get the problem fixed quickly.  That can make the difference between fixing a problem cleanly or going to court and costing the County a lot of money in legal fees.

I have phone numbers to key people in the PD in case there is a problem or an incident.  My conversations with them have always gone the way you would want such things to go.  Professionals who know they are public servants.

The weird thing is when you compare the PD with the FFX Board of Supervisors.  Now THERE is a huge contrast in professionalism and understanding the position of public servants.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
VCDL has had nothing but a professional relationship with FCPD for many years now.  I personally think they are one of the best PDs in the state.   When they have made a mistake, they are quick to assess blame and get the problem fixed quickly.  That can make the difference between fixing a problem cleanly or going to court and costing the County a lot of money in legal fees.

I have phone numbers to key people in the PD in case there is a problem or an incident.  My conversations with them have always gone the way you would want such things to go.  Professionals who know they are public servants.

The weird thing is when you compare the PD with the FFX Board of Supervisors.  Now THERE is a huge contrast in professionalism and understanding the position of public servants.

+10,000,000 on everything said.

_MaH
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#7]
So last week we were preparing to go to the Quantico Arms shindig and mhoffman shows me his new M1A. Later we were chilling in the garage waiting for others to show up and out of the corner of my eye I see 3 cruisers roll by. Thinking they'd simply just look around and drive off, we ignored them. A couple seconds pass and more cruisers roll by and we go out to see what's going on. As we head out, about 4 officers walk towards us. I laughed and said I was going to the gun show that was in town. As we were talking, a total of 7 cruisers are parked in front of my house along with an undercover. Apparently they received a report of some people running around with evil looking guns and they were wearing "dark clothing". Pretty much the entire Sully district force showed up but left after a minute when they realized there was nothing going on. For what it's worth they were all very friendly throughout the incident.
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]
WHCIANG one of your a**hole neighbors called, it was around 1100 hrs on Saturday, the dispatcher went on for a 5 minute diatribe about what they alleged, I  think they even accused you of abducting the Lindberg baby and that Jimmy Hoffa's body was buried under your house.  Fairfax is loaded with delusional Liberal butt heads who think that the new religion of "political correctness" is the actual law of the land.   Glad everything worked out okay.
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WHCIANG one of your a**hole neighbors called, it was around 1100 hrs on Saturday, the dispatcher went on for a 5 minute diatribe about what they alleged, I  think they even accused you of abducting the Lindberg baby and that Jimmy Hoffa's body was buried under your house.  Fairfax is loaded with delusional Liberal butt heads who think that the new religion of "political correctness" is the actual law of the land.   Glad everything worked out okay.

Said the self-proclaimed yankee-carpet-bagger

_MaH
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#10]
To the OP, you should call the station and put in a good word for the officer if you know his name. Too often we're quick to criticize but we rarely give a thought to saying "good job".
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#11]
It sounds like the training has stuck (at least with some).
FCPD had some problems with open carry a few years ago.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#12]

a total of 7 cruisers are parked in front of my house along with an undercover.

What, no helicopter? We got at least six cruisers and a helicopter at our last OCDO cookout at Burke Lake.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
To the OP, you should call the station and put in a good word for the officer if you know his name. Too often we're quick to criticize but we rarely give a thought to saying "good job".

Huge +1

I'd call in even if I didn't know the specific officers name.

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

a total of 7 cruisers are parked in front of my house along with an undercover.

What, no helicopter? We got at least six cruisers and a helicopter at our last OCDO cookout at Burke Lake.

I have a funny FBI story that I'm not allowed to tell yet.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Thats good stuff, not something you see in every state.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I didn't know the specific officers name, but I called in anyway, gave a description of him and when he was at Wal-mart, hopefully they'll let him know.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I didn't know the specific officers name, but I called in anyway, gave a description of him and when he was at Wal-mart, hopefully they'll let him know.

Well done, I'm sure the word will get around to him.

Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife comes from the Great Falls area of Fairfax, and her parents are hilarious. Her mom thinks I'm weird because I carry a gun (and because I don't wear a suit to work, make 6 digits, etc.....both parents doctors, go figure). So, of course, I got her a HK USP .40 compact for Christmas, and am starting her in on the rest of the collection, including the evil suppressed AR. Sweet revenge, from my point of view
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I was in Wally world in Fair Lakes buying some ammo before I went to the NRA Range in FFX , I was printing a little but and the bottom of the holster was showing, (I should have worn a looser fitting jacket). And  while I was waiting for my buddy to check out a FCPD LEO walked up next to me and inquired if I was carrying I said I was and told him I was and asked if he wanted to see my permit, he said no, thats fine and shook my hand and walked away. The whole time I was very impressed with his professionalism, and politeness.  Overall a good experience.  

I am very curious whether he was a young buzzcut-type officer or an older officer.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#20]
One of my neighbors is FCPD motor cop, good guy.  Sane, level headed, etc.  Another buddy of mine is FCSD, was a motor cop on loan to FCPD, and worked the streets a long time.  Has since gone back to working jail.

He exemplifies courtesy and professionalism based upon what he appears to hold important and true.  Known him a long time.  

Personally, I've only had positive interaction with LEOs both, ahem, when they were working, or personally.

YMMV,
Barry
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#21]
The wife and I were driving down West Broad in Richmond a couple of weeks ago.   Richmond PD cruiser pulled up beside us at a stop light and motioned for us to roll the window down.   He then said "Nice stickers, y'all have a good day".   Not sure which one he was talking about(all pro gun) but it was very appreciated.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top