Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2004 6:24:16 AM EDT
Ok Virginians, now that you had fun on BRD, who's willing to come to DC to help make sure you can keep 'em?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=47&t=178875
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#2]
gotm4 and I  are planning to attend this event.  Anyone else up for it?  We are planning on taking the metro from Springfield into DC.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Alexandra (wife & SAS member) and myself are also planning to attend.

We have the same idea as 9x19, will be driving from Richmond to Springfield and then take the metro in.

See you all there.  I'd like to see everyone that was at the VA BRD and the VA Machinegun shoot make this event.

Steve.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sunday May 9th is good and I can make it, will wear my VCDL shirt as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Just an observation, but when an anouncement goes up to sling lead people are all over it.  But when an announcement goes out to stand up and be counted in the struggle to preserve your rights.....the silence is shocking........

Steve

Link Posted: 4/26/2004 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I would love to attend but can't due to work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#7]
www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.cfm
Here's the map from Metro Rail starting at Franconia-Springfield station.  We need to take the blue line to either Metro Center, Federal Triangle or the Smithsonian.  I think Metro Center and Federal Triangle stops are the closest.  

Train schedules are here on page four of this PDF www.wmata.com/timetables/rail/Weekend_july_03.pdf

Link Posted: 4/26/2004 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I will be coming from Wheeling WV, in the northern panhandle.. Anyone wishing to attend that is close, or on my way IM me, I need some folks to share gas expenses...

or email at [email protected]

No weapons, durgs or alcohol on the trip.. Smoking is fine.... We don't need to be arrested....
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
How true, lucky for me it is on a Sunday and it is my only day off now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#10]
9x19 & gotm4, please email me with your contact info such as email and cell phone.  My wife and I want to make sure we hook up with the two of you in DC for the rally.  My wife, Alexandra really enjoyed finally finding another woman that enjoys shooting as much as you do!  Thanks for your company at the Machinegun Shoot.   We hope to be able to meet with the two of you in the future!

Steve

Link Posted: 4/27/2004 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, I may plan to make the drive up!  I'll have to check on a few things first but I don't see why I couldn't make it.  

gotM4 & 9x19, can I park at your house and take the metro with you?
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Count me in!
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#13]
It's great to see the postive responses!
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I see nothing wrong with supporting RKBA but once again we would be the counter protesters.  Nobody will notice and the amount of people who come will be lumped together to get their count higher.

It would be nice to have RKBA as the primary reason.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just an observation, but when an anouncement goes up to sling lead people are all over it.  But when an announcement goes out to stand up and be counted........

Well Steve, I'll be the first to admit that sending hot lead downrange is a whole lot more fun than spending a Sunday - and holiday to boot - in a victim disarmament zone getting spat on and cussed at by thousands of irrational women...

but not by much.  

Yes, at the first event in 2000 gun owners were on the receiving end of some rather nasty treatment by the supposedly peace-loving, non-violent, kum-ba-ya crowd.  I'm kinda looking forward to Round II.  But then, I've been told I'm not normal.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife, 4 1/2 year old daughter, and myself will be there Bubbles.  

I can't understand why one woman would want to spit on another woman, doesn't show much in the way of intellect.   As a man, being surrounded by spitting irrational women does scare me...hahahahaha.  Anyway looking forward to bring the family out in support.

P.S. My earlier post was an attempt at some psy-ops to get people interested, if it worked on one person I'm happy.  

Steve.

Link Posted: 4/29/2004 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#17]
A few thoughts on our trip to Washington, D.C., if anyone has a cam to bring for recording posture of our counter protesters this would be excellent.

If anyone was to become none plus with us it would be on cam and we could use it to show how peaceful the mothers against violence can be.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Hehehe... a bit of intel... the other side has substantially reduced the turnout number on their permit.  It's low enough that if just the pro-gunners from the 2000 opposition rally showed up, we'd outnumber them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top