Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/24/2003 7:24:48 PM EDT
You're all invited to attend the "Black Rifle Day", on October, 11th 2003. The days events will be hosted by the Arrow Head Gun Club, located near Chase City, VA.  

Here is a rough idea of where it is located in the state.

The shooting will start at 10:30am and we have lots of other things planned for the day. I hope that everyone can make it, and bring as many friends as you want. Also, all significant others, and kids are welcome to attend also. This will be a great way for everyone to meet, but it will be a lot of fun.  

The open firing line will be at the pistol range, for both pistols and rifles. This will be limited to semi-auto only though. Anyone with a .50 cal can shoot them on the 200yd rifle range only. The rifle range will be open for anyone who wants to do some long range shooting, or sight there rifles in. It will be much easier to do it up there without everyone blazing away next you. I am working on setting up a long range rifle competition for people with open sights on their rifles as well. There may also be a competition for those with optics.

The club has a dozen skeet houses, and a Wobble Trap machine for those who want to try their hand at either. There will also be some top notch skeet shooters on hand to give lessons to anyone who wants them.

The club also has a 3D archery course, so if you have a bow and want to shoot that as well, just bring it along with all your guns.

We are also going to be putting on a 3 Gun Match for everyone to try. The match will be geared for all shooters no matter what level. The idea is for everyone to give it a try and have fun doing it.

Lunch will be offered at the club house kitchen. They usually serve hot dogs, hamburgers, and fries. They are quite reasonably priced so it won't be a big expense.

We are going to have a swap meet for those people who want to bring anything to trade, or sell while there. There should be some dealers from the board also, who will be bringing goodies for people to look at and buy if they want.

C4iGrant(ARFCOM Dealer), will be coming and will have lots of cool stuff for you to check out. He will be bringing stuff from Surefire, Eotech, Aimpoint, Knights, Trigicon, Arms, BlackHawk, and I am probably forgetting somthing else. If you have been interested in seeing something in particular, just IM or email him [email protected], and maybe he can arrange for it to be there. I can say from experience that Grant is a great guy to do business with, and his service is always superb.

If you need some ammo, and you would like it brought to the gun club that day. Contact John, from Dane Manufacturing to make arrangements. Here is his email [email protected].

NEW John will also be bringing some tannerite for sale, and a bunch of guns with suppressors. He will be giving a demonstration during the afternoon of his suppressors for everyone to check out.

There is going to be time set aside at the rifle range for the kids that show up, to shoot steel silhouette targets with .22's.

There will also be an AR15 building demonstration for anyone interested in learning how to build their own rifle.

New Raffle: There are going to be few items given away, these will be door/raffle prizes. Every person who pays the entrance fee will get a ticket, and those paying for dinner will get a second ticket. If anyone who wants to buy an extra ticket, the cost will be $5 each. I am still gathering items, but here is the list I have so far.

Blackhawk Omega tactical vest OD Green Size:Regular
Galati 42" Rifle case
Galati Range Bag
DPMS BUIS (Donated by FMJunkie)
2 bottles of Tannerite (Donated by Oliver)
CQB Tactical Sling (small handgaurds)(donated by SHIVAN

If anyone has something they would like to donate, that would be nice also.

If conditions permit we are going to have a bon-fire at dark. This will be the perfect time for those with NV stuff to show it off.

One side note, I won't complain if anyone wants to volunteer to help. Don't be shy, I have had a couple already.

The cost for the day will be $15 per person. All kids 15 and under will be free. The cost of the 3D Archery range is $3 for the day, as well as $3 for a round of Skeet, or Trap; the clay pigeons are included with that fee. The Skeet lessons are included with the cost of the day, so feel free to give it a try. There will also be a 50-50 drawing for $5 per entry. I am also working on getting some stuff to raffle off as well. All the money raised except for the Archery, Skeet, and Trap fees, will be going into a fund to help pay for the clubs upgrades to the pistol range.

Again, I just want to say that I hope everyone who can make it will come out for this. The better we can make this day, the better odds of this place becoming a regular host for this kind of gathering. I also want to add that everyone is welcome. Even if you are new to the site, don't be shy. This is a great way to meet people with the same love for the Black Rifle that you have. I Hope to see everyone there.

The Clubhouse

Skeet Fields

Pistol Range

Rifle Range Tables

Rifle Range

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to list the first choice for a motel around here.

Sheldon's Motel and Restaurant
1450 Four Locust Highway
Keysville, VA 23947
434-736-8434
www.sheldonshospitality.com/

I have arranged for a group rate at this motel. If you call to make the reservations just tell them that you are part of the AR15.com group and you will get a discounted rate. The rate after the discount is now 55.25 plus tax a night.

NEWFor all those who are going to be coming in on Friday evening, why don't we set up a time for breakfast on Saturday morning. Let's say 8:00am at Sheldon's Restaurant?

There are facilities at the gun club for camping. There are also electric and water hook-ups for campers. The club's fee is $10 a night.

DINNER
Saturday evening the club will putting on a steak dinner at 5:00. The cost of the meal will be $20. You will get the steak, baked potato, green beans, and cake. There will also be soft drinks, iced tea, and coffee provided with the meal as well. If you have small kids and they don't want steak dinner, they will be able to get a hot dog or hamburger with fries free of charge.  

If you would like to stay for dinner you will need to let me know by 6th of October. Please only commit if you are definitely planning on coming to the shoot and staying for dinner, because the club will have to purchase the stuff in advance. I have the following names so far:
VA-Gunnut
Bobby_the_Hun
SHIVAN
bvmjethead
PVFD304
Browhawk and his wife
C4iGrant
Bayer
Ogre_4070 and Junior-Gunnut
FMJunkie
woodrow1976 and friend
SlimHazy
Hoplophile and wife
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The small town of Rehoboth is closest to the gun club. If you want more detailed directions from your area, just use Rehoboth as the Town. This image gives a better idea of where the club is.

Directions:
From 95S towards RICHMOND.  91.17 miles  

Take the I-64 W/ I-195 S exit- exit number 79- toward POWHITE PKWY/ CHARLOTTESVILLE.  0.17 miles  

Merge onto I-195 S via exit number 186- on the left- toward POWHITE PKWY (Portions toll).  2.45 miles  

Take VA-76 S/ BELTLINE EXWY toward VA-150/ POWHITE PKWY/ US-60/ US-360 (Portions toll).  0.16 miles  

Merge onto VA-76 S (Portions toll).  11.59 miles  

Merge onto VA-288 S toward I-95/ CHESTERFIELD/ VA-360/ AMELIA.  2.78 miles  

Merge onto US-360 W toward AMELIA.  36.10 miles  

Turn LEFT onto VA-49 S.  3.72 miles  

Turn RIGHT onto VA-49/ EARL DAVIS GREGORY HWY. Continue to follow VA-49.  15.15 miles  

Turn RIGHT onto VA-40/ VA-49/ COURT ST. Continue to follow VA-49.  8.99 miles

Turn right onto Arrow Head Rd. about 3/4 of mile past Rehoboth. The Gun Club is at the end of this road. There are two large arrowhead signs marking the road.

From Eastern VA traveling on 64:

Take the I-295 S/ US-60 exit- exit number 200- toward ROCKY MT NC.  1.33 miles  

Merge onto I-295 S via the exit- on the left- toward BOTTOMS BR.  13.23 miles  

Merge onto VA-10 W/ E HUNDRED RD via exit number 15B toward CHESTER.  4.10 miles  

Merge onto I-95 S toward PETERSBURG.  9.97 miles  

Merge onto I-85 S/ US-460 W via exit number 51 toward US-460 W/ DURHAM/ ATLANTA.  6.62 miles  

Merge onto US-460 W via exit number 61 toward BLACKSTONE.  27.92 miles  

Turn LEFT onto US-460 BR/ VA-609. Continue to follow US-460 BR.  3.77 miles  

Stay straight to go onto VA-40/ S MAIN ST. Continue to follow VA-40.  11.12 miles  

Turn RIGHT onto VA-40/ MAIN ST. Continue to follow VA-40.  6.53 miles  

Turn LEFT onto VA-40/ VA-49/ COURT ST. Continue to follow VA-49.  8.99 miles

Drive straight on 49 when you see the sign for Rehoboth, and then turn right onto Arrow Head Rd. about 3/4 of mile past Rehoboth. The Gun Club is at the end of this road. There are two large arrowhead signs marking the road.

From Western VA via US-460 E toward APPOMATTOX.    

Take the US-15 S/ US-15-BUS N exit toward FARMVILLE/ KEYSVILLE.  0.24 miles  

Turn RIGHT onto US-15 S.  21.90 miles  

Turn LEFT onto US-360 BR/ US-15 BR.  0.12 miles  

Turn RIGHT onto VA-622/ W ONTARIO RD.  9.50 miles  

Turn RIGHT onto Hwy 49S and then turn right onto Arrow Head Road about 3/4 of mile past Rehoboth. The Gun Club is at the end of this road. There are two large arrowhead signs marking the road.

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to hear more information on this. I hope they allow Class 3. I always have a blast with the C3 toys.

We could have a 50/50 money draw. X amount of money for a ticket. Winner gets half of pool, other half goes towards paying for our use of the club grounds.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Can we have EXLODING TARGETS?  Tannerite, anyone?  
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I will have to reserve that day off, but with this much advance warning it shouldn't be a problem.

I'd be happy to help out as an RO or help come up with an IDPA or Three Gun Match something or other.

Thanks for putting this all together!

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can we have EXLODING TARGETS?  Tannerite, anyone?  

I will have to get back to you on that, but I would be willing to bet that the club won't allow it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
All right !!!!!!

Man this thing sounds great !!

Im takeing the 10,11 and 12th off .

Swap meet sounds real good !! Got some stuff I could trade.

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I AM IN FOR SKEET LESSONS

I can already shoot fairly well, but would like a few pointers from good shooters.

Are these guys teachers, or shooters, or both?

Some can do one or the other, but sometimes not both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I definitely want use of a 200yd+ rifle range.

Will this be an across the course shootout, or will there be some lane control?

This will dictate what I bring to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I will get more details about the people who may give skeet lessons.

The 200yd range will have lane control. The shooting down in the pistol range will be informal blasting for the most part.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
For anyone who would like to check the area out(location, accomadations,etc.) before deciding to come or not, here is the address.

Victoria - Arrowhead Gun Club
          834 Arrowhead Road
          Victoria, VA 23974
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn that's a long ways down there!  Like Templar, I'm going to have to ask for the day off.  Getting Saturday's off is a bitch in the car business but I'll give it a shot.

I now have more black rifles that I know what to do with so I guess I need to make the sojourn to fire them.  

I would be interested in a 3 gun match.  I too would be interested in skeet but I have this sneaking suspicion that there will not be enough time for it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm tentatively coming.

Don't know what life will be like next week let alone 2 months.

But I'm dying for some boom-therapy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm tentatively coming.

Benny,

Haven't you found the NRA range yet!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:02:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I would like to attend also. I should know more when it gets closer, sounds like it would be alot of fun! I have a few of the USBR targets if any of the .22 fans want to have matches. I guess we could come up with all kinds of "matches"

Mark
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope you can make it out, and you are correct in that we can come up with all kinds of things to do. I hope this will definitely be a user friendly event for all.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#16]
It's nice to see faces that are on this board. I met Slacker and bvmjethead at Pungo awhile ago, cool to see other people's set up's and yap about gun stuff.  I would imagine Slacker might try to make it up after his move and all. From Chesapeake, I guess that's about 2 hours or so. If any tools are needed and I can make it, I'll be glad to bring them if we are having a work party.

Mark
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there!  We've got to keep the foreign exchange shooter program going...

For any of the NJ folks linking here from the NJ BLAST thread, I will have a thread going back in the NJ forum for anyone that wants to go down so we can work out caravans, if needed.  As much fun as we have had with Anthony coming up to ours, I can promise it will be great fun down there as well.  (in the pre-ban sense, that is!)
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Now that we have a member coming down from NJ, you guys from NOVA can't complain about the long drive.

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:13:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I am on the not sure category yet - only because of fam issues. But i will try to work it out.
I assume this is a spouse/kids friendly event??

Thanks for all the work your'e putting into this!!!
DD
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:23:59 AM EDT
[#20]
VA-I have to check my schedule, but I'll only come down if you have a rusty old studabaker in your back yard for me to stay in
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:29:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I am on the not sure category yet - only because of fam issues. But i will try to work it out.
I assume this is a spouse/kids friendly event??

Thanks for all the work your'e putting into this!!!
DD

I will anwser this for anthony . YES, YES!!!!

I was told by the wifey that oct 11 is my sons birthday Duuuuuuuuhhhhh . So maybe we can have a cake at the range

He will be 6 that day ! My daughter will be there to she is 8.

I just hope I can get my money right for the pistol I am plan on buying him.

Lets see 6 birtday at the range and a gun. Yeah I wish I was him.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm tentatively coming.

Benny,

Oh I know of it....it's just not a luxury I can afford right now.  A group meeting is higher up on the importance scale so I can semi-justify the expenditure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I will anwser this for anthony . YES, YES!!!!

I was told by the wifey that oct 11 is my sons birthday Duuuuuuuuhhhhh . So maybe we can have a cake at the range

He will be 6 that day ! My daughter will be there to she is 8.

I just hope I can get my money right for the pistol I am plan on buying him.

Lets see 6 birtday at the range and a gun. Yeah I wish I was him.

Thank you sir moderator!

Great birthday present there. I wish i was him at 6 too!!
DD
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#24]
My Friend John and I would love to be there, we enjoy every shoot we go to in VA. But we will be in Kentucky at Knob Creek shoot
Dam the bad luck, we really would like to be there
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:00:18 AM EDT
[#25]
DD, as RobertM already said, this day is open to everyone. My 9yr old son will be there and maybe my 7yr old daughter as well. If we get enough kids I think we can set up a time for them to shoot at the rifle range with .22s.

Bobby_the_Hun, I hope that you can make it down for this.

Sorry you won't be able to make it down Grouch, if we have another in the future you and your friend will always be welcome.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Well now!  I may have to make the drive for this one.  I'll assume you'll have exploding cars like last time Anthony!?  

In all seriousness, has the class-III been cleared with the range?  What about 50's?  Anybody going from the Richmond area that's interested in carpooling?  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#27]
BlackFox finally crawled out of the den.

It would be great if you can make it out for this, especially since you are the one who is nice enough to usually put these things on. Still no word on the machine guns yet, but I don't believe there is anything in the rules about .50s but I will ask.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow ,nice to see ya again mister Fox.

Hey Anthony did you get my IM with my numbers the other day?

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey Anthony,

Your logistical assistance is requested over in the 'who wants to go' thread in the NY/NJ forum...

Looks like it might be a triple threat from the north!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hey Anthony,

Your logistical assistance is requested over in the 'who wants to go' thread in the NY/NJ forum...

Oh NO

Hope you guys can make it.

You bringing the snow colored .308?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hey Anthony did you get my IM with my numbers the other day?

Yes I did, but I deleted it out by accident while trying to clean out the box. If you don't mind sending them again I would appreciatte it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Anybody going from the Richmond area that's interested in carpooling?

I may go. I'll have to get clearance with the wife first :). If I make plans to go I'll send you an email BlackFox. I need to see you anyway - I owe you a selector switch.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Anthony,

Oh NO

Wow, you know its bad when people who live 3 states away know what guns you have...

Well, since you mentioned it, I'll bring it!  I'll also bring the 10T, M4(gery), the Varminter and maybe an A2...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Anthony,

Oh NO

Wow, you know its bad when people who live 3 states away know what guns you have...

Well, since you mentioned it, I'll bring it!  I'll also bring the 10T, M4(gery), the Varminter and maybe an A2...

I could not belive my son keep shooting his .22 when you opened that thing up at BlackFoxs.
Man that was LOUD
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Sounds great, Nick - let me know!  I look forward to seeing the rest of you guys there.  

I'm pretty sure I can find something louder than FMJunkie's .308 :)....

Black Fox
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Sounds like fun. Alas, I will be in KS the entire month of October.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#37]
VA-gunnut, I plan to be there and I would like to get one of the camper sites. Do they have electrical hookups?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
VA-gunnut, I plan to be there and I would like to get one of the camper sites. Do they have electrical hookups?

Yes they have electric and water hookups. I will find out all the details about using the camping sites for you. Glad to hear that you can make it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I can already shoot fairly well,

Says who???

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I usually work weekends, but I'll try to get this one off....And I also have to clear it with the wife...
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I usually work weekends, but I'll try to get this one off....And I also have to clear it with the wife...

You can always bring her with you; the more people the better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm tentatively coming.

Benny,

Oh I know of it....it's just not a luxury I can afford right now.  A group meeting is higher up on the importance scale so I can semi-justify the expenditure.

I understand there is an informal NRA shoot evety Wed nite
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

There you are...Nice to meet ya!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I double checked with someone from the club, and they do have water and electric. It is $10 per evening and you can just take care of it when you come, no pre-registration required.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Do they have camp sites also? I don't have a nifty camper, but I do have a tent. Or is there mabye a camp site within a few miles?

And what about fires...can we have a bonfire
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm sure y'all already know this, but that's the Gunstock weekend.  Just FYI in case any of you were planning on coming
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#47]
how are we going to clean guns on that little table?

**** TRY OUR WEEKEND BUFFET****
(Saturday and Sunday 7:30 - 11:00 am)
All you can eat…Eggs, bacon. Sausage, hot cakes, french toast, homemade biscuits,
sausage gravy, grits, potatoes, and fried apples

Yeah Fooooooooooooooood

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Do they have camp sites also? I don't have a nifty camper, but I do have a tent. Or is there mabye a camp site within a few miles?

And what about fires...can we have a bonfire

Tents can be pitched there as well. There were several set up during the last 4H competition that we had.

I believe a bonfire may be possible. Thanks for the suggestion, I will put that in with my request of events at this months board meeting.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'm sure y'all already know this, but that's the Gunstock weekend.  Just FYI in case any of you were planning on coming

Yeah we know, it turned out that this was the only weekend. Plus it has the added benefit of helping those who couldn't go to TX cope.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
how are we going to clean guns on that little table?

**** TRY OUR WEEKEND BUFFET****
(Saturday and Sunday 7:30 - 11:00 am)
All you can eat…Eggs, bacon. Sausage, hot cakes, french toast, homemade biscuits,
sausage gravy, grits, potatoes, and fried apples

Yeah Fooooooooooooooood

Hopefully this will go so well that you will be to tired to clean guns.

There breakfast buffet is usually pretty good. Of course you have to like southern cooking. [):D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top