Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 7:48:37 AM EDT
Well that's almost the end of it folks.

I'm in the VA apartment now.  My condo is all buttoned up and empty.  They close at the end of this coming week and that will be the end of my NY life.

The driver for the moving company estimated he'll be here on Monday to unload.

For now; the bird, the girlfriend and I are making due on the floor with the computers and stuff.

My parents gave us a gift certificate to the Outback so after we unloaded the cars last night we went for beer.  Oh and some food too.

Our waitress carded us both (very odd) and saw we were from NY and it turns out she was from NJ/NY as well.  Too wierd.

More updates as they happen and let you know once we're mostly settled in.

oooh!  Gotta go change my user info!  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the Commonwealth!  I'm glad you finally made it.  I followed your saga for a while but didn't see where you found the apartment.  The last I heard, you were looking in Fredericksburg.  Is that where you ended up?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude,

Get used to folks down here being from NY/NJ and everyplace place BUT VIRGINIA.

Watch out when driving-It is vastly different then in NY and did you have a slice of Pizza before you left??? I ask because the will be the last good slice until you return as a visit.  Oh same for chinese food.

Now both you and your SO should take an accredited gun course and get your CCW!  You will LOVE IT here
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome and The next Richmond gunshow is July 12 and 13th.

Enjoy your freedom!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dude,

Get used to folks down here being from NY/NJ and everyplace place BUT VIRGINIA.

Watch out when driving-It is vastly different then in NY and did you have a slice of Pizza before you left??? I ask because the will be the last good slice until you return as a visit.  Oh same for chinese food.

Now both you and your SO should take an accredited gun course and get your CCW!  You will LOVE IT here

That's funny, yes we did have pizza and chinese before we left.

She won't be getting a CCW.  She's not a shooter.    She's firmly pro-RKBA, but just isn't interested in shooting.  She's even skittish around my guns to a slight degree.  Mostly because she doesn't trust herself to not be a clutz.  She's not comfortable using anything bigger than a butter knife.

As for 'an acredited gun course,' I've got a certificate from an 8 hour NRA course that I took in NY for my 'permit.'  Will that suffice?  I can also get a copy of my 10 hour course that I needed to take for the range I joined in NY.....but can't find the damn thing.  I put it in a 'safe' place and now it's lost.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Those courses will probably surfice...Check it though with your county LEO's also check for an lenght of domicile in VA that might apply.

Get your VA license and another document with your VA addy-Wait til you see the difference from NY at the DMV, then pay pay a visit to Dave a www.quanticoarms.comhe's the best!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Castiglias pizza. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Where's that pizzaria?

http://www.grub-here.com/castiglias/default.htm

That's pretty Damn far for Pizza!  I'm in Herndon.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad to see you made it. I hope everything works out for the best.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where's that pizzaria?

OOps, sorry. I was just mentioning it to Benny 'cause it's just around the corner from his home.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the Fredericksburg chapter of AR15.com
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:14:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where's that pizzaria?

OOps, sorry. I was just mentioning it to Benny 'cause it's just around the corner from his home.

Benny,

Check out this Pizzaria while your pizza tastebuds are still alive and tell us what you think?  Iv'e been here too long to trust mine <G>

WW
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#12]
How about Luciano's for pizza?  They are in Herndon, Tysons Corner Mall and Oakton.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How about Luciano's for pizza?  They are in Herndon, Tysons Corner Mall and Oakton.

Where in Herndon---????
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Woo Hoo!!

I just saw that I am getting a Castiglia's right accross the street.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in Herndon---????

1054 ELDEN ST, HERNDON, VA 20170
www.yellowpages.com/SearchResult.aspx?page=home&searchform=homesearch&typeorname=name&search=lucianos&searchfor=lucianos&method=and&city=herndon&state=VA
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#16]
That's near Fuddruckers in the stripmall.  Luau Gardens is on the other end.  I recall going there once and the prices seemed quite high.

Is that the place?

FYI-Luau is ok for home delivery.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Woo Hoo!!

Are you in Herndon too?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That's near Fuddruckers in the stripmall.  Luau Gardens is on the other end.  I recall going there once and the prices seemed quite high.

Is that the place?

That's the place. I haven't been there in a long time and prices are high.  I used to like Luau's for lunch buffet but have developed an msg allergy and I am off Chinese food :-(

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Woo Hoo!!

Are you in Herndon too?

No, I live on the other side of Fredericksburg where 95 and 17 intersect.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#20]
They are opening a 3rd store??????
Damn dude is doing well for himself. Oh well, there goes the quality, something usually gets lost in the mix when you start spreading yourself thin like that. Hope this does not happen to them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the place?

That's the place. I haven't been there in a long time and prices are high.  I used to like Luau's for lunch buffet but have developed an msg allergy and I am off Chinese food :-(

I know a few places that you can say "No MSG" and bank on it not being used...1 Place is Peking Gormet Inn on Rt 7 in the 7corners area.
And they make a KILLER Peking Duck.  Pricy but every now and then it's important to refresh your taste buds about what primo Chinese food is like.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:Check it though with your county LEO's also check for an lenght of domicile in VA that might apply.

Get your VA license and another document with your VA addy

There is on lenght of domicile required in VA for CCW, and if you are renting, you need a noterized copy of the leas agreement.

Go to the County Courthouse and pick up the app.
It SHOULD be in the Civil Affairs area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top