Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I was hoping to find some specs for the range, but nothing yet.  Any word on how long the range will be?  Im really hoping someone will do a 100 yard range.  Windless environments to zero would be fantastic.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like I'll be sticking to On Target for their 50yrd range.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a little disappointing. I figured with the size of that building that they'd have at least a 50 yd range.

I will go up there and at least try it out when they open. Looks like it will be a very nice facility.

I also want to head out to Buffalo when they reopen in March now that they've got the Pit issues cleared up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
any word on prices?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
any word on prices?
View Quote

From what I read on ILcarry

$22 an hour (same price as mega sports) you can shoot all day if no one is waiting, no extra charge for a second person sharing the lane.

$25 and hour for the lanes with advanced controls, I'm assuming electronic controls.

Not super cheap, but a better option than mega sports in my humble opinion for the following reasons:

Rifles up to 30.06 allowed

Reloads are allowed (the only reason I've never set foot into megas range is that they don't allow reloads).

Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$22 an hour (same price as mega sports) you can shoot all day if no one is waiting, no extra charge for a second person sharing the lane.

$25 and hour for the lanes with advanced controls, I'm assuming electronic controls.

Not super cheap, but a better option than mega sports in my humble opinion for the following reasons:

Reloads are allowed (the only reason I've never set foot into megas range is that they don't allow reloads).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
any word on prices?

$22 an hour and no extra charge for sharing a lane isnt bad at all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
any word on prices?

No, not bad.

With 2 people it would be comparable to Rinks price wise.

Quite frankly Megasports could give away range time and I wouldn't take it. They've never run a friendly range.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#10]
If they offer rentals this'll be awesome. My Dad works in Romeoville, and I live and work not too far, so this is pretty cool news.

Quoted:
I also want to head out to Buffalo when they reopen in March now that they've got the Pit issues cleared up.
View Quote

I still wish I would have gone to the HTF shoots when we used to have...HTF shoots.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If they offer rentals this'll be awesome. My Dad works in Romeoville, and I live and work not too far, so this is pretty cool news.
I still wish I would have gone to the HTF shoots when we used to have...HTF shoots.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

according to the video they will offer rentals.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rock River should bring some post samples up for opening day!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#13]

15feb2016 is new opening date.

new range being proposed in Alsip!

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I was at Rinks last week and they were in the middle of installing what appeared to be either a large-scale ventilation and / or heating system for the range.  I think they're feeling a little competition coming.  Mokena's new range has been rumored to be "back on" as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
15feb2016 is new opening date.

new range being proposed in Alsip!

View Quote

Sweet, just down the road from my parents.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I was at Rinks last week and they were in the middle of installing what appeared to be either a large-scale ventilation and / or heating system for the range.  I think they're feeling a little competition coming.  Mokena's new range has been rumored to be "back on" as well.
View Quote
all great news!

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Opens today!

http://range355.com/
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I would like to hear reviews from those that go there, I wont be able to go any time soon.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would like to hear reviews from those that go there, I wont be able to go any time soon.
View Quote

A friend of mine went today and said it was nice. But obviously it's brand new. I'll probably go just for pistol shooting. 25 yards and no bench rest (If I wanted to get sighted in) makes for lame rifle shooting.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, not bad.

Quite frankly Megasports could give away range time and I wouldn't take it. They've never run a friendly range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
any word on prices?

No, not bad.

I would let my shooting skills rust before stepping foot inside megasports.  The last time I was there, which was years ago, I walked through the door and within three steps an employee asked me for my foid  

I asked why, he said you have to have one to be in the store

Showed him my foid and then walked out.  Expensive, can't shoot reloads, must buy their ammo or pay more for the range.  F' that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone have contact info for the owner / management team?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Ventilation is nice...hardly came back home smelling like gun powder.
Sounds barrier are better than Article 2
The target system will take no less than 5 minutes to get familiar and ease of use.
Didn't get to try the other range, where the target can turn (face sideways) then back facing shooter.

Tip: If you're a First Responder (cop/firefighter/ems) or a Veteran, please register as one to receive discount.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice clean facility. Ventilation and temperature in the range was excellent. Lot of extra space for coats, gear, etc. Nice wide shooting lanes. Plenty of room to set stuff up.

Staff was confused on the POS system (not their fault, it looks like a complicated mess). Not much in stock in terms of guns just yet. Prices were OK. Pretty in line with other local shops.

Everyone I interacted with was super friendly. Really nice group of guys working there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

550rds of Remington .22lr was $52.99

not one pricetag in sight. if you wanted a price they had to scan it. annoying as hell!

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

not one pricetag in sight. if you wanted a price they had to scan it. annoying as hell!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda proud of that .22!

All this talk has me thinking we should try to put together a HTF shoot this spring. Any interest?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Kinda proud of that .22!

All this talk has me thinking we should try to put together a HTF shoot this spring. Any interest?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda proud of that .22!

I'm in
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#27]
WTF is HTF ??
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yikes
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

WTF is HTF ??
View Quote
hometown forum

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:32:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
hometown forum

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF is HTF ??
hometown forum

So you want to get arfcomers in IL together? Cool!
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#31]
We have a hometown IL section on here see if you can get administration to create a south suburbs section for us.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I tried their Facebook without any reply, curious if anyone had rented a pistol from them
--- how much per pistol
--- is ammo included
--- can you bring your own ammo for said pistol
--- can you rent multiple pistol so compare side-by-side

thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I tried their Facebook without any reply, curious if anyone had rented a pistol from them
--- how much per pistol
--- is ammo included

thanks
View Quote

This was all on their website a cpl weeks ago. It's an impressively bad website so you'll have to dig, but it was there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
--- how much per pistol
--- is ammo included

thanks
View Quote

FWIW, I recently introduced a new person to the sport, and used Midwest instead of R355. Why? R355 doesn't allow non-FOID holders on the range. Understandable given that they are a new business, but it was initially annoying because the facility is much nicer than Midwest. In hindsight, it was good justification to be a cheapazz ... we were at Midwest for ~5hours, tried 3 different 9mm and 4 different .45 rentals plus ammo plus targets and it only cost me ~140. It would have been MUCH more expensive at R355. It was a little disappointing we couldn't shoot my AR though  ...
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This was all on their website a cpl weeks ago. It's an impressively bad website so you'll have to dig, but it was there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
--- how much per pistol
--- is ammo included

thanks

30.  RENTALS GUNS - Only factory ammunition purchased from The Range at 355 can be fired in range rental firearms.

Can I rent a firearm?
Yes, we will have a wide variety of range rentals in the near future.

...and that's all I can find for now...

thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
--- how much per pistol
--- is ammo included

thanks

30.  RENTALS GUNS - Only factory ammunition purchased from The Range at 355 can be fired in range rental firearms.

Can I rent a firearm?
Yes, we will have a wide variety of range rentals in the near future.

thanks

yeah ... now I can't find it either. I recall digging in around memberships, etc. and it listed discounts off non-member prices plus the non-member prices - but it was still cloudy. IIRC there was also a vague reference to price premium for 'specialty guns' or some non-descript nonsense so I had to call. the answer via phone wasn't overly helpful, but the guy admitted they are light on rentals so he doesn't yet have good examples. or maybe there is no info and I just had a brainfart ;)

prepare your questions then call them. I had to call back 3X in 10 minutes and the gal sounded annoyed by the third call.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#37]
They're pretty swamped right now and for sure working out the kinks. They're all a really good group of guys though. I was able to tour the facility through its various building stages and of course to open, and it is nice to say the least. I can tell you one thing, they want it to work and make people happy. From the owners all the way on down, I meet nothing but sincere dudes that want to give a good experience. I'm sure they would be receptive to people's input, etc. I'm sure they will have growing pains, and will take time to sort out what works from what doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ventilation is nice...hardly came back home smelling like gun powder.
Sounds barrier are better than Article 2
The target system will take no less than 5 minutes to get familiar and ease of use.
Didn't get to try the other range, where the target can turn (face sideways) then back facing shooter.

Tip: If you're a First Responder (cop/firefighter/ems) or a Veteran, please register as one to receive discount.

View Quote

What is different about their sound barriers? I am beyond sick of stepping inside of article 2 at this point. Their prices are ludicrous and they treat all of the customers like we owe them a favor for opening the place up for business.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Went today for the first time.  I've shot quite a bit at Rink's (been through the buy 9 and get the 10th free program probably 3-4 times over), and a probably a half a dozen times at Article II.  Got there around 1:00 on a Friday, and went into the range without the moving / rotating targets.  Had no interest in that for now.  I was one of about 5 users in a range that (without counting) probably held a dozen shooters.  The place was absolutely spotless, and the ventilation was better than anything I've experienced.  Range employees were helpful and decent to talk to. My target positioning system was not reset when I entered and I did need help in getting this to work, which was quickly provided.  I brought 2 pistols, a Tavor, and a 10" AR and was able to shoot for well over an hour without any unnecessary attention.  I shot 100% reloaded ammo, and was also not questioned regarding this.  Lighting is adjustable (dimmers) for each station (a nice feature when I was using my handguns with fiber optic front sights).  Though I was able to pick up my own brass (without being questioned by employees), there was never an accumulation of brass on the floor from other shooters.  Store inventory appeared to be good, and there were several other customers talking with store employees.  I was not there to buy anything, so I can't comment on them.  Overall, I'd say it was an amazingly positive experience, and I'll definitely be back.  I don't live close enough (Frankfort) to justify a membership, and the cost (around $24) wasn't that bad considering going there saved me another 12-15 miles of drive time compared to Article II.  I've heard that the range fees are hourly, but no one pressured me to leave, nor was I advised of a time limit when I paid.  Nice place, and glad they're there!!  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Kinda proud of that .22!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda proud of that .22!

I would love to have a HTF shoot at the Pit like we used to do years ago.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Went today for the first time.  I've shot quite a bit at Rink's (been through the buy 9 and get the 10th free program probably 3-4 times over), and a probably a half a dozen times at Article II.  Got there around 1:00 on a Friday, and went into the range without the moving / rotating targets.  Had no interest in that for now.  I was one of about 5 users in a range that (without counting) probably held a dozen shooters.  The place was absolutely spotless, and the ventilation was better than anything I've experienced.  Range employees were helpful and decent to talk to. My target positioning system was not reset when I entered and I did need help in getting this to work, which was quickly provided.  I brought 2 pistols, a Tavor, and a 10" AR and was able to shoot for well over an hour without any unnecessary attention.  I shot 100% reloaded ammo, and was also not questioned regarding this.  Lighting is adjustable (dimmers) for each station (a nice feature when I was using my handguns with fiber optic front sights).  Though I was able to pick up my own brass (without being questioned by employees), there was never an accumulation of brass on the floor from other shooters.  Store inventory appeared to be good, and there were several other customers talking with store employees.  I was not there to buy anything, so I can't comment on them.  Overall, I'd say it was an amazingly positive experience, and I'll definitely be back.  I don't live close enough (Frankfort) to justify a membership, and the cost (around $24) wasn't that bad considering going there saved me another 12-15 miles of drive time compared to Article II.  I've heard that the range fees are hourly, but no one pressured me to leave, nor was I advised of a time limit when I paid.  Nice place, and glad they're there!!  
View Quote

I plan on going soon to sight in my ar. How is their ro? I hate getting muzzled when I've been at rinks. It stopped when I started going on lunch time but man lately it gets packed at rinks at lunch time now. Seems everyone caught on to it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#42]

I plan on going soon to sight in my ar. How is their ro? I hate getting muzzled when I've been at rinks. It stopped when I started going on lunch time but man lately it gets packed at rinks at lunch time now. Seems everyone caught on to it.
View Quote

Not sure what you mean by "ro".  
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#43]
RO= range officer I'm assuming.

Forgot his name, tall African-American (term loosely PC since not sure if he's from Africa...get it? ) ...Duncan? Sorry forgot his name.  He'll observe you a minute if your face looks new.  He'll judge if you're a respectful shooter, sweep your spent brass around....if you're cool he'll move on.

Go over the rules with him respectfully if you have questions and he'll give you space.

Stay safe

update: Darrin I believe is his name
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#44]
That's what I thought he meant, but I've never seen a Rink's employee inside the range unless they're testing an incoming trade-in.  The guy I talked to (as you described) at 355 was helpful, courteous, and (as you mentioned) left me alone while I was shooting.  I've been to other ranges (Midwest in Lyons and even Bristol in Kenosha) where the RO's were absolutely intrusive - even for those of us with more experience.  This was NOT the case here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#45]

I was going past there yesterday, and the group I was with wanted to stop.

Nice facility. $25/hour +/- to shoot. Centerfire rifle ok up to 30 cal.

Guy said they dont care if you bring your own ammo as long as it is copper jacketed.

People that work there were quite friendly.

I wont use it because I have easy access to either a private range, or megasports.

Nice facility. Maybe a little pricey.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I was there yesterday afternoon.

Granted I'm really only comparing it to Article 2, but this place was great.  Bit closer for me than going up to Lombard also.  Very clean, modern system.

My understanding is that the hourly time limit only applies if they are busy and there are people waiting.  When our timer ran out I just walked back to the front desk and they reset it for me.  So the cost was $25 for two hours for two of us.  Not bad at all.  It's definitely cheaper than Article 2, since they charge per lane and not per person.

The RO in the range was very nice and kept the range spotless.  As soon as anyone left he would sweep all the brass.  

We went on range one, which had the targets that could rotate.  Didn't use the rotations a lot, however this could be really useful/fun in the future.

This will probably be my go to indoor range moving forward.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Granted I'm really only comparing it to Article 2, but this place was great.  Bit closer for me than going up to Lombard also.  Very clean, modern system.

My understanding is that the hourly time limit only applies if they are busy and there are people waiting.  When our timer ran out I just walked back to the front desk and they reset it for me.  So the cost was $25 for two hours for two of us.  Not bad at all.  It's definitely cheaper than Article 2, since they charge per lane and not per person.

The RO in the range was very nice and kept the range spotless.  As soon as anyone left he would sweep all the brass.  

We went on range one, which had the targets that could rotate.  Didn't use the rotations a lot, however this could be really useful/fun in the future.

View Quote

Thx for posting this ... my only concern has been the rate/hour piece. Meaning, if they are Nazis about charging for each hour for an empty facility that would be a reason to consider alternatives. I totally get the per hour rule on paper so they can enforce it when busy and my hope is it dissuades the bangers, but some places abuse their quasi-monopoly status.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thx for posting this ... my only concern has been the rate/hour piece. Meaning, if they are Nazis about charging for each hour for an empty facility that would be a reason to consider alternatives. I totally get the per hour rule on paper so they can enforce it when busy and my hope is it dissuades the bangers, but some places abuse their quasi-monopoly status.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely.

I just looked on their website and found this in the FAQ:

Range 1 is $24.99 per *hour, Range 2 is $21.99 per *hour. Half hour increments are available.
**Lane use is restricted to one hour. If no one is waiting for the lane, you may remain on the lane until the lane is rented

That confirms my experience.  It looks like that is their policy, if there are not people waiting you can take your time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That confirms my experience.  It looks like that is their policy, if there are not people waiting you can take your time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Range 1 is $24.99 per *hour, Range 2 is $21.99 per *hour. Half hour increments are available.
**Lane use is restricted to one hour. If no one is waiting for the lane, you may remain on the lane until the lane is rented

Thx! I missed this
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone know the range distance? I looked at their web site but didn't find the info.

Mostly just curious - I can't tell if it's 50ft, 25yds, etc.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top