Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2015 12:34:30 PM EDT
I'm trying to plan a quick weekend trip to Galena for my wife and I.  She's heard about the horse drawn carriage tours and would like to get us on one.  Everywhere I look that say anything about carriage tours have bad phone numbers or broken websites.  Does anyone know anything about those up there?

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
How about calling the local chamber of commerce?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Was this one of the numbers you called?  If so, nevermind.

http://www.galena.org/silkrug-stable-2/
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm trying to plan a quick weekend trip to Galena for my wife and I.  She's heard about the horse drawn carriage tours and would like to get us on one.  Everywhere I look that say anything about carriage tours have bad phone numbers or broken websites.  Does anyone know anything about those up there?

View Quote

We just moved very close to Galena and are there at least once a week. I've never seen any horse drawn carriages in Galena in the last four months.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Eat here http://logcabingalena.com/!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I called up there.  apparently the owners moved out of town but never took down there website or phone number that bad now..
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Try this https://www.facebook.com/LogCabinSteakhouse/?fref=ts
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife's family lives in Galena, and we're there about once a month.  Never seen any horse drawn carriages in the 10 years we've been together.  

That being said, it's an awesome place to hang out for a weekend.  There's plenty of stuff do there all the time.  My Grandparents in law have 50 acres just outside of town, and I shoot on the property all the time.  The place is hilly, so I shoot basically into a huge bluff, so I don't need to build a backstop.  

My advice, skip the horse-drawn carriage and go there in 3 weeks for the Lighting of the Luminary.  Stay just outside of town or in Eagle Ridge using an AirBNB and just go into town to do stuff.  

Awesome little Illinois gem with tons of historical stuff to do.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I took my wife there back in Feb 14 as her Christmas gift.  We ate at the Fried Green Tomatoes restaurant and the Goldmoor Inn.

Friday night we hung out at a little bar that had a husband/wife team playing music.

Saturday night there was a sock hop at Turner Music Hall.  My mom made a 50's poodle skirt and jacket for my wife, I found a pair of saddle shoes for her.  I bought an authentic 50's wool letterman sweater from ebay.  Wife didn't know about the sock hop until she was getting ready for dinner and I surprised her with it.

We had a great time, took second in the costume/dance contest.  We stayed here  Hawk Valley Retreat

The owners were great people and the breakfasts were great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top