Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2015 9:50:22 PM EDT
Having a difficult time finding a definitive answer. Checked the Illinois Department of Natural Resources website and thought I was good to go. Checked with a few CCL instructors and was told it is still up for debate. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
link  Q&A #5

Edited to add link
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply and getting the discussion started.
If it matters, I'm heading to Starved Rock to do some hiking and camping, at their campground
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You are good in State parks..
.Just a caution on play grounds and I know there is a section of Rend Lake that is Corps of Engineers land.  That would be federally controlled property that we haven't received clear indication about.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Your reply is very appreciated, thank you!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You are okay in state parks if you are on trail.  If you walk into the visitor center you are in violation.  If you step off trail you are technically in violation.

The CCW restrictions are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are okay in state parks if you are on trail.  If you walk into the visitor center you are in violation.  If you step off trail you are technically in violation.

The CCW restrictions are ridiculous.
View Quote
I am not quite sure that is necessarily the truth.   It's been about a year since I read the law, but I did read it 3 times, and that was never my understanding. The word "park" may be the point of our confusion however.

I am not a lawyer.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are okay in state parks if you are on trail.false, the state park isn't prohibited...the trail business is if it goes through a prohibited area whthin the park such as a playground.  If you walk into the visitor center you are in violation True.  If you step off trail you are technically in violation True if trail goes through prohibited area (such as a playground).

The CCW restrictions are ridiculous. Very True!
View Quote

You might be thinking of Municipal parks...They are banned as you described.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, I tell you, we're lucky to have this guy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Public Act 098-0063 Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act... http://ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/98/098-0063.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top