Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2014 2:35:27 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can get pork belly reasonably priced? I want to try to make my own bacon as it is supposed to be better and cheaper but I have only even been able to find it one place, Bloomington Meats, and they charge as much per pound for it as they do for their own bacon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Start calling local meat lockers? They might be able to help or point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#2]
you might need to buy a quarter or half  a hog and specify you want to cure and cut your own bacon

www.raberpacking.com
(309) 673-0721

in Peoria might help
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you might need to buy a quarter or half  a hog and specify you want to cure and cut your own bacon

www.raberpacking.com
(309) 673-0721

in Peoria might help
View Quote

True, forgot about Raber - I will follow up wit them. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.raberpacking.com
(309) 673-0721

in Peoria might help

talk to Allen he might be able to hook you up
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Alwan's might be a spot, either Pat and the boys in Peoria or Dave in Bartonville
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top