Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2016 10:04:11 AM EDT
***NOT MY RIFLE***

A shooter in my local LA club drove out see his mom for Mother's Day in Vegas and wanted to shoot the SinCity Precision monthly match while he was there. His rifle was stolen out of his truck sometime early this morning as well as all his gear. The rifle is a 308 built by Crescent Customs. It has a Vortex Gen2 Razor 3-18 and a Manners T4-A stock.

Please be on the look out for this rifle if you're in the Vegas area and spread the word to all your friends.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that sucks. I can hardly describe the hate I had in my heart when my truck was broken into but all they got was a pair of glasses and some CDs, I can't imagine a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Not to sound like a douche OP, but why didn't he bring his rifle and his gear inside with him?

PS: I'll keep an eye out for his rifle and optic.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to sound like a douche OP, but why didn't he bring his rifle and his gear inside with him?

View Quote

I have no idea.  I wasn't there.  I can't speak to the actions of another.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:08:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you speak to him ask him and post his response here.

That way others don't make the same mistake.

TIA

-Joe
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Area of town it was ripped off from? Big place here with a lot of places to dump hot merch.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

TIA

-Joe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

-Joe

It was "operator error / poor judgement" ...no doubt.

I saw him yesterday and he said he got to the home where he was staying @ 1 AM...and had set his alarm to get up to go to the range at 5 AM....it wasn't a truck, it was a vehicle with a trunk, and the gear was in the trunk.   He mistakenly assumed he'd be good for 4 hours.  He chose poorly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Area of town it was ripped off from? Big place here with a lot of places to dump hot merch.
View Quote

Don't know exactly where.  Didn't ask.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I saw him yesterday and he said he got to the home where he was staying @ 1 AM...and had set his alarm to get up to go to the range at 5 AM....it wasn't a truck, it was a vehicle with a trunk, and the gear was in the trunk.   He mistakenly assumed he'd be good for 4 hours.  He chose poorly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

-Joe

Thanks for the update, H_S.

That's a lesson hard-learned.

I've been telling my students and friends for years not to leave anything of value (especially firearms) in their vehicle. Heck, cops do it all the time and have their radios, guns, and badges (along with other gear) stolen. I could never wrap my head around that one.

I won't eat at a restaurant when I have firearms in my vehicle unless I can sit near a window.

Anyway, I hope your buddy gets his property. I'll still keep an eye out.

BTW: If you update your OP with a serial number that would help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top