Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2015 9:11:03 PM EDT
According to DPS, in Clark County there is 54,736 active permits.  Washoe has only 18,685 as of August 8th, 2015.  For being such a pro gun state, why is there such a small percentage of people with permits?  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a lot of liberals and a lot of people that carry without a permit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I know a few co workers with the attitude that if I can have it in glove box loaded why should I bother with the cost and time of a CCW.
I do not agree and have a CCW. Granted a few of my co workers have medi marijuana cards so they could not get there
CCW if they wanted to.
Also I want to believe we are a pro gun state but there are so many anti gun people coming into the state especially in the south
Which is where I am at.
Dave
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Nailed it.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nailed it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

I umm, know "somebody" that did it for several years after moving down here. Only reason they finally went legit was so they could buy a gun which required local ID.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I umm, know "somebody" that did it for several years after moving down here. Only reason they finally went legit was so they could buy a gun which required local ID.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Now that we got rid of the "blue card" registration, which I'm glad we did, it give less incentive to the "Cali-lifers" ,as I call them, to change over their car registration or Drivers licenses.

Dave

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:10:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I've found that a lot of people don't want to do the training (even the free shit at the Gun Store).

And many of those people that I've met I wouldn't trust with a FUCKING slingshot.

For reals.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've found that a lot of people don't want to do the training (even the free shit at the Gun Store).

And many of those people that I've met I wouldn't trust with a FUCKING slingshot.

For reals.
View Quote

I think it is absurd that I have to pay both the state and a private individual before I can carry a gun to protect myself.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think it is absurd that I have to pay both the state and a private individual before I can carry a gun to protect myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For reals.

Unfortunately, that's the law in Nevada for CCW right now.

You don't have to pay anyone in order to open carry or carry concealed in your vehicle.

If you have seen what I've seen in my 20 years of training students, you might not think that required training is that absurd.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You don't have to pay anyone in order to open carry or carry concealed in your vehicle.

If you have seen what I've seen in my 20 years of training students, you might not think that required training is that absurd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For reals.

I've seen more than my share. Freedom is scary to a lot of people but I try to walk the walk and recognize that freedoms shouldn't be subject to permitting.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]
With so few permits why does it take them 4 months to process a renewal?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They want to make sure you know who's in charge.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
According to DPS, in Clark County there is 54,736 active permits.  Washoe has only 18,685 as of August 8th, 2015.  For being such a pro gun state, why is there such a small percentage of people with permits?  Thanks
View Quote

several years ago, a skank from RGJ sued for the list of all permit holders in order to publish them.    That was one thing that kept me for years not bothering to renew.  It's also the final nail in the coffin of ever buying another paper.  EVER.  anyway, that surely kept numbers down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

FBI.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

FBI.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBI.

You're saying it takes 4 months to process the background check?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Think that is long....buy an NFA item.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBI.

It takes so long because they sit on it. FBI doesn't hold them up. I got my first one back in 2 weeks because I knew someone in the office at the Fingerprint Bureau. It was explained to me that they are intentionally delayed, usually nearest to max time frames.

Didn't have the hookup on my renewal and waited nearly the maximum allowed time frame.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It takes so long because they sit on it. FBI doesn't hold them up. I got my first one back in 2 weeks because I knew someone in the office at the Fingerprint Bureau. It was explained to me that they are intentionally delayed, usually nearest to max time frames.

Didn't have the hookup on my renewal and waited nearly the maximum allowed time frame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBI.

That was why I asked him. I have never heard of the actual check taking anywhere near that long.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I just moved up to WA from Reno a few months ago.  When I got up here and applied for my permit they ran a FBI check just like everyone else does. I had my permit sitting in my mail box 4 days after I applied.  

Whatever delay exists it isn't because of the FBI system.

Ooh and the cost up here is only $35 as well.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#19]
My permit expires tomorrow and my renewal is not here yet.
Wife applied for hers a week after I did and giot hers 2 weeks ago.
I've gotten 2 silencers that I put in for AFTER my CCW renewal.
I hope I don't have to shoot someone before it gets here!
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've seen more than my share. Freedom is scary to a lot of people but I try to walk the walk and recognize that freedoms shouldn't be subject to permitting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For reals.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

i believe the last set of laws that passed made it so that if your permit expired while you were waiting for the new one it's still valid.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

i believe the last set of laws that passed made it so that if your permit expired while you were waiting for the new one it's still valid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so too but one of those slack jawed faggots told me "there is no grace period. When it expires it expires"
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Last renewal in Lincoln County took two days. I imagine its like that in most of the rural areas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which laws are those....have a link perhaps ?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it might have been in a bill that died... i thought it got passed but i can't find it again
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#28]
AB 404

No idea if it actually passed.
I am seriously considering a lawsuit against the County because this is ridiculous.

But yeah...i can see why people carry without permits...
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I was glad to hear the new law that dealt with auto knives also included a section that changed carrying without a permit from a felony to a misdemeanor but apparently that was a "mistake" and they changed it back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, the carrying without a permit was reinstated to the old law.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was glad to hear the new law that dealt with auto knives also included a section that changed carrying without a permit from a felony to a misdemeanor but apparently that was a "mistake" and they changed it back.
View Quote

It was changed back illegally IMO- after the law was already passed and signed by the governor. The whole thing wreaks of corruption. The law allows them to change the text of bills after they are passed and signed only for clerical errors such as "typographical mistakes". That was no typographical mistake, they had to fundamentally change the wording and structure of the bill.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

AB 404

No idea if it actually passed.

I am seriously considering a lawsuit against the County because this is ridiculous.

But yeah...i can see why people carry without permits...
View Quote

Are you saying SB404 can't be found? :D
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It was changed back illegally IMO- after the law was already passed and signed by the governor. The whole thing wreaks of corruption. The law allows them to change the text of bills after they are passed and signed only for clerical errors such as "typographical mistakes". That was no typographical mistake, they had to fundamentally change the wording and structure of the bill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But nowhere did they list that change as a desired change. It is not discussed anywhere and was not debated at all.

What happened was reworking of the law missed the punishment of the ccw charge. Since none was listed, it defaulted to a misdemeanor. Every law not listing a punishment defaults to a misdemeanor. If that was their intent from the beginning, you would have seen one of them defend it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

But nowhere did they list that change as a desired change. It is not discussed anywhere and was not debated at all.

What happened was reworking of the law missed the punishment of the ccw charge. Since none was listed, it defaulted to a misdemeanor. Every law not listing a punishment defaults to a misdemeanor. If that was their intent from the beginning, you would have seen one of them defend it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always thought carrying concealed without a permit first offense was a misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:41:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I always thought carrying concealed without a permit first offense was a misdemeanor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most states I am aware of it is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has always been a Category C Felony and still is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NRS 202.350 States first offense is a misdemeanor, second offense is a felony. Please read the statute and see if you agree or tell me how I am wrong.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#38]
(d) Carry concealed upon his or her person any:

(1) Explosive substance, other than ammunition or any components thereof;

(2) Dirk, dagger or machete;

(3) Pistol, revolver or other firearm, or other dangerous or deadly weapon; or

(4) Knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle.

2. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 202.275 and 212.185, a person who violates any of the provisions of:

(a) Paragraph (a) or (c) or subparagraph (2) or (4) of paragraph (d) of subsection 1 is guilty:

(1) For the first offense, of a gross misdemeanor.

(2) For any subsequent offense, of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.

(b) Paragraph (b) or subparagraph (1) or (3) of paragraph (d) of subsection 1 is guilty of a category C felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

2. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 202.275 and 212.185, a person who violates any of the provisions of:

(a) Paragraph (a) or (c) or subparagraph (2) or (4) of paragraph (d) of subsection 1 is guilty:

(2) For any subsequent offense, of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.

(b) Paragraph (b) or subparagraph (1) or (3) of paragraph (d) of subsection 1 is guilty of a category C felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.
View Quote

Well I'll be damned. I wish they would write the laws a little more clearly.
Way back when I got my first permit the sheriff asked me why I wanted one. I told him that I carried afield and wanted to be able to let my jacket cover my gun to keep the snow and pine needles out of it. He brushed it off and indicated like , who cares just do it. I told him , " maybe you wouldn't but I might run into a game warden or someone else", and put in my application.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Way back when I got my first permit the sheriff asked me why I wanted one. I told him that I carried afield and wanted to be able to let my jacket cover my gun to keep the snow and pine needles out of it. He brushed it off and indicated like , who cares just do it. I told him , " maybe you wouldn't but I might run into a game warden or someone else", and put in my application.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, Bro.

Looking at statutes is like trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle with some of the pieces that belong to another puzzle.

It frustrates me too.

Just like the vehicle BAC (.08) and the firearm BAC (.10) in NRS as an example.

Go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top