Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 8:58:05 AM EDT
So, we are closing on our house on Wednesday and we need the carpets cleaned.  I called Star Chem Dry based on their good online reviews and scheduled them to come out on Friday.  However, if someone can offer a better recommendation, I'll switch.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
Joe
UPDATE:  Bert Price came out and did an outstanding job cleaning our carpet.  It was pretty filthy before and I didn't have really high expectation because the carpet was so dirty and worn.  However, Bert got it far cleaner than I expected, and was very polite and professional.  I absolutely recommend Price's Carpet and Tile Cleaning.  321-2523  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Prices-Carpet-Cleaning/116550505049430
Here is a before and after type shot.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Prices carpet and tile cleaning. 321-2523
He uses the rotovac 360 cleaning system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=UeQnN9Kl-8Q
Tell him Lance sent you.

Edit: He's an unemployed union carpenter trying to support his family of 5 children andis PRO GUN.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Tell him Lance sent you.

Edit: He's an unemployed union carpenter trying to support his family of 5 children andis PRO GUN.

Excellent! I called and he's coming to look at the house this evening.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tell him Lance sent you.

+ 1 I used Bert to clean my son's carperts.  My son had purchased a foreclosure and the carpets were bad.  Bert did a great job, the carpet looked new when he was finished.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tell him Lance sent you.

Perfect timing,  I'll be calling him tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used Star chem dry several times over the last several years and have been very happy with their service and promptness.  I always call them when I need the carpests cleaned.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Tell him Lance sent you.

Work with his Brother.  They both are good guys.  Have used his service before, and is top notch!

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Tell him Lance sent you.

Work with his Brother.  They both are good guys.  Have used his service before, and is top notch!

FSR?
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Update in original post.
Link Posted: 3/21/2011 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Good for you to pass on the info re:  A Good Guy.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Based on the recommendation here, I called up Bert.  On short notice, he came out here and did an awesome job!  Quick work, fair price and a job well done!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I too used Burt, he did a great job.  In all fairness, I felt he was pretty high priced.  He cleaned my stairs, and three bedrooms upstairs, plus a small rug for $200.  I told him I felt that was pretty steep, but he assured that it was because of the special equipment he used that performs far better than a normal carpet cleaner.  Either way, the carpet looks good, he was quick and professional, and he did exactly what he said he would.  Plus, he actually was on time.  I deal with contractors all the time, and none of them are ever on time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I too used Burt, he did a great job.  In all fairness, I felt he was pretty high priced.  He cleaned my stairs, and three bedrooms upstairs, plus a small rug for $200.  I told him I felt that was pretty steep, but he assured that it was because of the special equipment he used that performs far better than a normal carpet cleaner.  Either way, the carpet looks good, he was quick and professional, and he did exactly what he said he would.  Plus, he actually was on time.  I deal with contractors all the time, and none of them are ever on time.

After shopping around with a few different companies, I found his prices to be a little better than most others in town for my whole house.  In your case, most places in town would have been around the same in my experience: I.e. - ~$129 for 3 room special, $50-60 for stairs, and a little more for the rug.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#13]
FYI: Bert Price was working the Best in the Desert race today and was struck by one if the vehicles. He is in the UMC trauma center with sever injuries but hopefully not life threatening.  He was the soul bread winner in the family and had been layed off from construction work for over a year. Things were already tough for his family and they are about to get tougher. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FYI: Bert Price was working the Best in the Desert race today and was struck by one if the vehicles. He is in the UMC trauma center with sever injuries but hopefully not life threatening.  He was the soul bread winner in the family and had been layed off from construction work for over a year. Things were already tough for his family and they are about to get tougher. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

What the hell?  

Hope all is well soon.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't know Bert personally, but I have heard of his carpet cleaning excellence and I know people who know him and have used him for his services. Being the sole bread winner for the family, I say that we on the NVHTF set up (with Staff approval) a donation post for Bert and his family.

I'll be the first to donate $25.00.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I have been friends with Bert for  20+ years and have known his family for longer than that.
That being, I'm in...with staff aproval.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know Bert personally, but I have heard of his carpet cleaning excellence and I know people who know him and have used him for his services. Being the sole bread winner for the family, I say that we on the NVHTF set up (with Staff approval) a donation post for Bert and his family.

I'll be the first to donate $25.00.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm definitely in.  Please let us know where to send the funds.

Prayers sent also.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember him being recommended way back on the original board, I'll match Ishoot2live's pledge. Post or send an address.

Prayers sent,

bthp223.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm definitely in.  Please let us know where to send the funds.

Prayers sent also.

^this. How about the family setting up a bank account for this cause? Less privacy issues to worry about in case ARFCOM can't accommodate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Well???
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#23]
For those wanting to make a donation, you can do so through Bank Of America account # 501012641710.
Link Posted: 5/9/2011 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For those wanting to make a donation, you can do so through Bank Of America account # 501012641710.

Deposited $25.00 today.

Link Posted: 5/10/2011 5:44:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deposited $25.00 today.

THANK YOU
Link Posted: 5/10/2011 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Any updates on his condition?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Healing but still in alot of pain. Dr.s say he may be released early next week, hopefully to a rehab center, but that is dependant  on their medicaid claim being accepted. Spirits are generally good but there are some serious emotional/mental issues associated with a near life experience that will need to be addressed later with a therapist. All in all, things are looking good. For those wanting to make a donation, you can do so through Bank Of America account # 501012641710.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 4:12:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Healing but still in alot of pain. Dr.s say he may be released early next week, hopefully to a rehab center, but that is dependant  on their medicaid claim being accepted. Spirits are generally good but there are some serious emotional/mental issues associated with a near life experience that will need to be addressed later with a therapist. All in all, things are looking good.

Fixed it for Ya'.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Is anyone running the buisness?...I have a small job for them @ Flamingo and Ft. Apache if they want.

One of my firefighters tracked greasy car fire residue all over a little old ladys carpet while we were on a EMS call....its a mess and we need to clean it up.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2011 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is anyone running the buisness?...I have a small job for them @ Flamingo and Ft. Apache if they want.

One of my firefighters tracked greasy car fire residue all over a little old ladys carpet while we were on a EMS call....its a mess and we need to clean it up.  

I think they have friends and family helping out with the business.
Link Posted: 5/12/2011 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bert's brother and son cleaned carpets for my daughter the 1st week in May.  

When I spoke with Bert's sister, she wanted to make sure that people know they are still doing carpets.  I guess a couple of clients canceled when they heard about the accident.

Link Posted: 5/12/2011 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Cool, thank you both.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2011 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
He's been released and is finally home.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bert's brother and son cleaned carpets for my daughter the
1st week in May.  

When I spoke with Bert's sister, she wanted to make sure that people know they are still doing carpets.  I guess a couple of clients canceled when they heard about the accident.

Link Posted: 5/13/2011 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deposited $25.00 today.

Anyone else donate?
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Dont know. Some donations were received, but not much. ]quote]Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deposited $25.00 today.

Anyone else donate?[/quote]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top