Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2003 9:58:52 AM EDT
Hi Guys, I was cleaning out my cabinet this week to see what I might want to sell/trade via the upcoming gunshow or ebay.  I have lots of "stuff" I have bought over the last year or so that I do not want or need anymore including a couple of handguns and one of my AR's.  

I had an idea..... Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to set up a table at the DBS where we can lay out stuff we want to sell or trade with eachother?  If you do, I can bring 7' folding table.  I would just put my name on my items and if anyone was interested, they could just find me and ask.

What do you all think?

Link Posted: 4/16/2003 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It's been done before.  I don't see why it could not be done again.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm still new to this.  Can anyone fill me in on what this event is about and when is it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a monthly informal gathering of recreational shooters in the Las Vegas area. They post in the Shoots and Meets forum of www.assaultweb.net It is referred to as the Las Vegas Desert Buffet Shoot or DBS for short.  It is called Desert Buffet Shoot because free food is offered to those who attend.  Cost to attend is you getting in your vehicle and driving to the site.  That's it.

The next DBS is Saturday April 26th at 10:00 AM.  Take Interstate 15 to Sloan Exit 25.  Take the exit and go to the east side frontage road.  Go north about 75 YARDS past the exit underpass and you will see a dirt road on your right going into the desert.  Take that dirt road back 1.5 miles (stay to your right the whole time) and you will see an abandoned gravel pit.  This is BLM land and yes it is legal to shoot in this area.  They are good people and you will have a good time.  There's usually at least one person there with a NFA registered full auto toy.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Rick, what do you have to trade, let me know via email or IM....I looooooooove to trade.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Different for the info. I'll probably want to check it out, sounds like fun.  Do you need a 4x4 to get there?  If it's close to where Gunbert and I shot last time, my car will get wrecked!!! HAHHA!
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#6]
We've had folks make it out there in a Corolla, a Taurus and other sedan type vehicles.  However, I recommend a high clearance vehicle.  Two wheel drive is fine but the ground is not the most evenly graded the last couple hundred yards.  So, that is why I recommend a high clearance vehicle.  There are several other spots on that dirt road before the gravel pit that you can easily get to with a sedan automobile.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks Different for the info. I'll probably want to check it out, sounds like fun.  Do you need a 4x4 to get there?  If it's close to where Gunbert and I shot last time, my car will get wrecked!!! HAHHA!

I was there! Ryan took us a F*cked up way and didn't even get us close. You an idiot, Gundilbert.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah, so that was you!  Okay, now I know two people on this forum! How's that .454 Casul?
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 6:19:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ah, so that was you!  Okay, now I know two people on this forum! How's that .454 Casul?

Broke! I have to get it repaired.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]
SOME DBS PICS:

ONE OF THE DBS NIGHT SHOOTS

Link Posted: 4/17/2003 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#11]

COME ON OUT AND SHOOT WITH US

Link Posted: 4/17/2003 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#12]
WE ALSO DO A MONTHLY GROUP AMMO BUY,
AND WHATS REALY FUN, IS WATCHING THE DUDES FROM KALIFORNIA THAT DRIVE OVER TO SHOOT WITH US, OR JUST WATCH, GO HOME WITH A BIG SMILE ON THEIR FACE.

FREEDOM IS A SMOKEN SAW

Link Posted: 4/17/2003 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Those pics make it look fun!  How recent was this shootout?  I'm gonna feel a little under gunned with me n my lowly 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant..hahhaha
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Those pics make it look fun!  How recent was this shootout?  I'm gonna feel a little under gunned with me n my lowly 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant..hahhaha

You are NEVER undergunned when you have a Mosin!  

Hey, I got my first Mosin a couple of months ago after seeing some of the guys shooting them at the DBS.  Lots of bolt action out there.

Link Posted: 4/18/2003 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Thats  about a years worth of pics, Once a month, some times twice with a night shoot, Great people and some aesome guns. AND THE GREAT FOOD!!!!!!!!!!

next one is what the 26th???

Link Posted: 4/27/2003 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#16]
What a great shoot yesterday!  I don't know where to begin in thanking everyone who participated in the group ammo buy.  With the exception of one buyer, (sorry again Salvo) it went off without a hitch.  A special thanks to Larry for helping us to get J&G's attention and making it happen.  Maybe we can do it again in 60 days.
Thanks also to Mrs. Bigfoot for the great food, you are such a sweetheart and everyone really appreciates your hard work.  Can't wait till next month!

I have more people to thank but it is getting late and I wanted to let you folks check out my little project.  Buster got some great video yesterday and I am trying to learn some new software.  Please remember when you watch this that I have never attempted anything like this before and I threw it together in about 2 hours.  I profess to have NO talent in making videos but some of the video is very good.  Enjoy and remember.................DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!

File size is less than 3MB so even dialups should be ok.

www.autoglassparts.com/guns/video/dbs_shoot.wmv
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#17]
 THAT WAS AN AWESOME VIDEO!!

I vow from this day forth...to never miss a DBS shoot again.

Any word on the exact date of the next one, so that I may perform a rain dance to get the day off work?  
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#18]
GREAT VIDEO! Man, I wish I had gone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Great video! I'll have to bring my camera next time, too!
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#20]
************************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************************
Now that summer is here, Will start getting more out of towners to the DBS shoot, Thats when it realy becomes fun.  

Next months lets take turns Rich video tapping, Too much "backs and butts" You should always take the video and the stills forward and right of the shooter, so you can see the weapon and the shooter.

example:

Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#22]

I LOVE THIS ONE:

Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks again Larry, for letting me shoot some of your toys.  I think there will be a lot more cameras at the next shoot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top