Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 2/20/2015 2:41:56 PM EDT
What a F'ing lie!....  I'll sign the right to work for less bill right away. I need some more Koch sucker money, for my 15 minuets of fame run.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
So I take it that you will not be voting for Walker next go round.

Noted.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
If East Berlin was so great, why did they need the wall?  This in no way "gets rid of" unions; it simply gives the individual worker the choice on whether or not to join.  Personally, I support such freedom.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What a F'ing lie!....  I'll sign the right to work for less bill right away. I need some more Koch sucker money, for my 15 minuets of fame run.
View Quote

F unions.  I just resigned from mine two days ago!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
lol
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]

I like the freedom to chose, if Unions are that great this won't hurt them at all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I take it OP is a fan of shaking down employees, and stealing people's lunch money.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Here we go again with this guy.

Why should anyone be forced to be in a union?

Don't you think that if unions are so great, then people will just stay in them?

Why are unions putting up such a fuss? Probably because they know they will lose their members in droves.

Answer any of these questions. I bet you won't. You never do.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
If you don't like unions, don't apply to work for a place that has a union. Just like Mark Behling says, don't come to a Christian country and try and change it to a Muslim country, go to a Muslim nation.
A good company treats it's employees good, and no Union is needed. If a company has a union, there is usually a reason.
Divide and conquer, has worked forever.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Corporate America has sent most of our technology to communist China. But I guess the unions are worse. My bad.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There. Fixed it for you.

People like you need to man up and decide if you love your RKBA or your commie-thug unions that give all your dues to the gun-grabbing Democrats more.

And what kind of loser really believes he can't make a good living wage without his union to essentially act like a Mafia protection racket to extort it for him?

Edit: Added for the lulz...

<a href="http://s156.photobucket.com/user/AJ_Dual/media/FWE3FEGGX82OPVJMEDIUM_zpscf644b1c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/AJ_Dual/FWE3FEGGX82OPVJMEDIUM_zpscf644b1c.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you don't like unions, don't apply to work for a place that has be in a union. Just like Mark Behling says, don't come to a Christian country and try and change it to a Muslim country, go to a Muslim nation.
A good company treats it's employees good, and no Union is needed. If a company has a union, there is usually a reason.

There. Fixed it for you.

People like you need to man up and decide if you love your RKBA or your commie-thug unions that give all your dues to the gun-grabbing Democrats more.

And what kind of loser really believes he can't make a good living wage without his union to essentially act like a Mafia protection racket to extort it for him?

Edit: Added for the lulz...

<a href="http://s156.photobucket.com/user/AJ_Dual/media/FWE3FEGGX82OPVJMEDIUM_zpscf644b1c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/AJ_Dual/FWE3FEGGX82OPVJMEDIUM_zpscf644b1c.jpg</a>

This photo is simply fantastic.  What's worse, though, is that it could easily be mistaken for a meme of some sort.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Seriously? You believe that?   For realz?

The company exists for one reason only. To make money.  And they're going to go or do whatever it is that makes them the most of it.

So the company that as a whole, has to sink or swim in the national and global competitive market for whatever product or service it provides, suddenly has to turn around and deal with the anti-competitive labor practice of the union?

All because of the same old blue-collar commie "Hurr... Not fair! Muh kids gotta eat!"-attitude. But nope, the company has to put up with the guy who doesn't pull his weight, because of the union, has to put up with the guy who does the exact absolute minimum the union contract/rules stipulate, and also has to put up with not being able to reward or pay the motivated hungry new guy who works harder than everyone else, and maybe even has ideas of how it could all be done better?

Naw... the company just moves to China because it's mean.  Oh, and the Koch Brothers... "because... uh, reasons".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Corporate America has sent most of our technology to communist China. But I guess the unions are worse. My bad.

The company exists for one reason only. To make money.  And they're going to go or do whatever it is that makes them the most of it.

So the company that as a whole, has to sink or swim in the national and global competitive market for whatever product or service it provides, suddenly has to turn around and deal with the anti-competitive labor practice of the union?

All because of the same old blue-collar commie "Hurr... Not fair! Muh kids gotta eat!"-attitude. But nope, the company has to put up with the guy who doesn't pull his weight, because of the union, has to put up with the guy who does the exact absolute minimum the union contract/rules stipulate, and also has to put up with not being able to reward or pay the motivated hungry new guy who works harder than everyone else, and maybe even has ideas of how it could all be done better?

Naw... the company just moves to China because it's mean.  Oh, and the Koch Brothers... "because... uh, reasons".

Well said.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well said.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bill Clinton did more communism than Stalin or Mao.  He also signed NAFTA.  He also looked the othe way while Chinese generals brought in AK's and narcotics.  He built the Chinese Armageddon 20 years ago.

Fuck facts they just get in the way.  We lived in Indiana during the union melt down.  Choice = union death and look at all the new jobs in and coming to Indiana right now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I work for the Federal Gov and we have the choice of being in or out!
I dropped out after the Madison protests along with 15 others.
Union only protects the Fng leakers who should be fired.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#17]
We will see how this plays out for his run for President.....I think he just picked a fight at the wrong time and his chances are going to get lost in the ensuing controversy. Not all is lost, as the Koch Brothers will find another A- orfice. He usually weasels out of answering questions, but he sure is showed his real agenda now....finally, as I was expecting him to do from day one.

A negro President with a GIANT chip on his shoulder......we need change, but we don't need a big ass  liar.

What is the big advantage to  a "right to work for less" state......it can only be CHEAPER labor costs. Because if you really don't like unions, common sense would be to go work for a company without a union, even if the pay is lower.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or, you could learn a skill that's worth more based on its own merit instead of what it was artificially inflated to be.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#19]
If you like your union, you can keep your union.

If you don't like your union, you can tell them to go copulate with themselves.

Seems fair to me. Freedom of association is a bitch, ain't it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#20]
The wage stays the same, you just no longer pay the blood suckers. And yes I am in the union for 25 years. I would love to see this before I retire!
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

excellent post.
One point I will add, when Michigan passed right to work under republican control, the next election they stayed in control.  the big hissy fit only really lasted during the "debate" of passing it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I was in a union for about ten years and most of my friends are in one union or another.
1). Unions protect the lazy people and hold back the winners.
2). Unions had their place when people were abused at work 75 years ago. People aren't abused at work anymore. They may bitch and whine but they are not abused.
3). This may force unions to be effective instead of existing for the sole purpose of making people unhappy with their jobs.
To each their own. Vote with your dollar. If unions were awesome people would support them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We will see how this plays out for his run for President.....I think he just picked a fight at the wrong time and his chances are going to get lost in the ensuing controversy. Not all is lost, as the Koch Brothers will find another A- orfice. He usually weasels out of answering questions, but he sure is showed his real agenda now....finally, as I was expecting him to do from day one.

A negro President with a GIANT chip on his shoulder......we need change, but we don't need a big ass  liar.

What is the big advantage to  a "right to work for less" state......it can only be CHEAPER labor costs. Because if you really don't like unions, common sense would be to go work for a company without a union, even if the pay is lower.
View Quote

Rofl. Crazy how the one consistent thing about progressives is their thinly veiled racism.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Second thing. Unions remind my of shitty gun shops. It's all about the scare sales so you don't notice that they're fucking you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:00:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Walker / Hillary.....sure hope not.....or you better get in ahead of the next panic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:41:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Walker / Hillary.....sure hope not.....or you better get in ahead of the next panic.
View Quote

Apparently OP has been under a rock when he signed for Concealed carry, or really likes the Hildabeast.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I remember seeing an infographic sometime that showed how RTW >benefited" unions. Don't remember the details though.

But OP has been throughly discredited.

And yes, I was in a union for awhile, when I was young and dumb. Even went on strike and everything. Then I learned to think for myself.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I remember seeing an infographic sometime that showed how RTW >benefited" unions. Don't remember the details though.

But OP has been throughly discredited.

And yes, I was in a union for awhile, when I was young and dumb. Even went on strike and everything. Then I learned to think for myself.
View Quote

I was in a union in my younger years as well. Had no choice, and it kept me from making the money I should have gotten. The union said I should be happy with the $0.25 a year I got. lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Reagan=Puppet
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Rofl. Crazy how the one consistent thing about progressives is their thinly veiled racism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayup!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Union = Dinosaur
Except I will explain:  Unions protect those who add no value to the final product at the expense of those who do.  In today's world if you bring no value add to the product or service, you are a drain on resources.

Hillary = Lesbian
Why else would Bill cheat and go on Pedophile tourism flights?  She must be gay.

Global warming = Record cold
Winter 2013-14.

Unions = Guaranteed prosperity
Detroit & Toledo

Unions = Future prosperity
Because I am sure ALL govt pensions are fully funded just like social security is and the way the law requires corp benefits to be fully funded.  Besides, most union pension board of trustees are a veritable Who's Who of mafia grandchildren.  We know they have asset management skills.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey OP

You should start a RTW thread in GD
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hey OP

You should start a RTW thread in GD
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I was in a union too, for 18 years (1968-1986), so I'm here to stick up for unions. Just as soon as I can think of something good to say about unions, I'll be back and say it. Honest, I will. Just keep waiting.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Just like any other group of people, I would guess ther are some Union members that are what would be called a loser. Eighteen years of complaining about a union, and zero effort to change it. Wow.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just like any other group of people, I would guess ther are some Union members that are what would be called a loser. Eighteen years of complaining about a union, and zero effort to change it. Wow.
View Quote

Guess what, most active people already participate in trying to fix their counties, states, and the national government - all entities that take food off of our families tables and all whom take money from our paychecks whether we like it or not.

Why elect to add another leech to my check? It's a homeowners association at your job. No one can force you to buy or build in a HOA, and no one should be able to force you to join a worker union.

If labor unions were so great, they would just open and run their own respective companies in their trades.

But they don't, because they're leeches.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Well then let me bring you to up to speed! I tried to change it I went from 50/80k + bennies to living on mostly unemployment for the last four years. My crime was running against them. Try living on 16k when your bills call for 30/50k. And I have had no insurance for 2.5 years So it is easy to pipe up on a key board but so far in my 55.5 years on this shit hole. I have seen near 0% that will stand up for what they believe in no matter what they post anywhere. And no I am not crying, in fact look how little I post. You see my friends ( REAL MEN LEAD)  not type into a way out of the bullshit!  The time is coming soon to put up or shut up. Each of you will have to make your own call based on your life. As for me I am on so many lists that the alphabet gang knows I need to shit before I do. Those from the range know me from a time past but they will tell you I dont bullshit.  peace  Lance
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you don't like unions, don't apply to work for a place that has a union. Just like Mark Behling says, don't come to a Christian country and try and change it to a Muslim country, go to a Muslim nation.
View Quote

If you don't like the company you work for why start a union to change it, you should have applied for a  different job or if you don't like working for $8 an hour get a different job instead of rasing minium wage to $15 hr, I like your arguement.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well then let me bring you to up to speed! I tried to change it I went from 50/80k + bennies to living on mostly unemployment for the last four years. My crime was running against them. Try living on 16k when your bills call for 30/50k. And I have had no insurance for 2.5 years So it is easy to pipe up on a key board but so far in my 55.5 years on this shit hole. I have seen near 0% that will stand up for what they believe in no matter what they post anywhere. And no I am not crying, in fact look how little I post. You see my friends ( REAL MEN LEAD)  not type into a way out of the bullshit!  The time is coming soon to put up or shut up. Each of you will have to make your own call based on your life. As for me I am on so many lists that the alphabet gang knows I need to shit before I do. Those from the range know me from a time past but they will tell you I dont bullshit.  peace  Lance
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

And how in the fuck would you know about anyone else's efforts?

You're right about some union members being losers. Those are usually the people who are most in favor of unions, because being a union member is the only thing keeping them from getting their worthless ass shit-canned from their job.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I take it OP is a fan of shaking down employees, and stealing people's lunch money.
View Quote
... and then handing a significant portion of it over to democratic and left-wing politicians.

Unions are nothing more than a way to launder large portions of money to the democratic party.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#45]
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2014/12/right-to-work-laws-myth-vs-fact

Right-to-Work Laws: Myth vs. Fact

By James Sherk

Many states and local governments are considering right-to-work laws. These laws make union dues voluntary. Without them, union contracts make paying dues a condition of employment. While most Americans support the concept of right-to-work, unions argue strenuously against them. However, most of the arguments against right-to-work have little basis in fact.

Myth: Right-to-work laws prohibit unions.

Fact: Right-to-work laws make union dues voluntary. Without right-to-work laws, unions negotiate contracts that force workers to pay dues or get fired. Right-to-work laws protect workers’ freedom. The National Labor Relations Act also protects the right of workers in right-to-work states to unionize. Unions currently represent 4.4 million workers in 24 right-to-work states, including highly unionized Nevada, Iowa, and Michigan.[1]

Myth: Right-to-work laws undermine unions.

Fact: Right-to-work laws make unions work to earn workers’ support. In the long run, this can strengthen union locals. Without right-to-work laws, unions can take their members’ dues for granted and provide lower quality representation. Gary Casteel, the Southern region director for the United Auto Workers, explains:

This is something I’ve never understood, that people think right to work hurts unions. To me, it helps them. You don’t have to belong if you don’t want to. So if I go to an organizing drive, I can tell these workers, “If you don’t like this arrangement, you don’t have to belong.” Versus, “If we get 50 percent of you, then all of you have to belong, whether you like to or not.” I don’t even like the way that sounds, because it’s a voluntary system, and if you don’t think the system’s earning its keep, then you don’t have to pay.[2]

Myth: Right-to-work laws allow non-union members to “free ride” on the benefits of union representation without paying its cost.

Fact: Unions voluntarily represent non-members. The Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that the National Labor Relations Act allows unions to negotiate contracts covering only dues-paying members. As Justice Brennan wrote in Retail Clerks v. Dry Lion Goods (1962), “‘Members only’ contracts have long been recognized.”[3] Unions represent non-members only when they act as “exclusive bargaining representatives,” which requires non-members to accept the union’s representation. In that case, the law requires unions to represent non-members fairly. They cannot negotiate high wages for their supporters and the minimum wage for non-members. Unions can avoid representing non-members by disclaiming exclusive representative status.

Myth: Representing non-members costs exclusive representative unions a lot of money.

Fact: Unions often spend little on representational activities. When unions choose to act as exclusive bargaining representatives, they often spend relatively little on processing grievances and negotiating contracts. Often union contracts have employers cover these costs by allowing union stewards to do union business while on company time. As a result, many union locals spend very little representing workers—either members or non-members.

Federal filings reveal that in 2013 United Auto Workers Local 2164 in Bowling Green, Kentucky, spent just 2 percent of its $560,000 budget on representational activities.[4] Boilermakers Local 107 in Brookfield, Wisconsin, spent 5 percent of its $2.0 million budget on representational activities.[5] Machinists Lodge 2515 in Alamogordo, New Mexico, spent 23 percent of its $645,000 budget on representational activities—almost all of which constituted payments to its officers.[6]

Myth: Right-to-work laws provide no economic benefits.

Fact: Companies consider right-to-work laws a major factor when deciding where to locate. Organizing victories bring in a lot more money for a union in jurisdictions with compulsory dues. Consequently, unions organize more aggressively in places without right-to-work laws.[7] Companies in turn want to know they can avoid being targeted by union organizers if they treat their workers well. Right-to-work laws make that more likely. Economic development consultants report that roughly half of all major businesses refuse to consider locating in jurisdictions with compulsory dues. Bureau of Labor Statistics data show that between 1990 and 2014 total employment grew more than twice as fast in right-to-work states as in states with compulsory dues.[9]

Myth: Right-to-work laws lower wages.

Fact: Workers have the same or higher buying power in right-to-work states. Opponents often deride voluntary dues as “right-to-work for less.” Average wages in right-to-work states are indeed slightly lower than in non-right-to-work states. This occurs because almost every Southern state has a right-to-work law and the South has a lower cost of living. Studies that control for differences in costs of living find workers in states with voluntary dues have no lower—and possibly slightly higher—real wages than workers in states with compulsory dues.[10]

Myth: Right-to-work laws divide Americans.

Fact: Americans overwhelmingly support right-to-work laws. Recent Gallup polling finds Americans support right-to-work laws by a 71 percent to 22 percent margin—better than 3 to 1. Independents support right-to-work laws 77 percent to 17 percent, Republicans support them 74 percent to 18 percent, and Democrats support them 65 percent to 30 percent.[11] Polling also shows that union members themselves support voluntary dues by an 80 percent to 17 percent margin.[12] Voters also reward politicians who support voluntary dues at the polls. Not a single Michigan legislator who voted for right-to-work laws in 2012 lost in the next general election. Right-to-work laws remain controversial primarily among union officers—not the general public.

The arguments against right-to-work laws do not withstand scrutiny. Right-to-work laws give workers a choice over where their money goes. This freedom forces unions to earn their members’ support. It also attracts businesses and jobs. The law should not force anyone in America to pay union dues as a condition of employment.

—James Sherk is Senior Policy Analyst in Labor Economics, in the Center for Data Analysis, of the Institute for Economic Freedom and Opportunity, at The Heritage Foundation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Divide and conquer. What part of that do you not understand.

This country is a union.....a weak and getting weaker union.....it is almost as divided as in the 1860's.

I like it when a group all pulls in the same direction. I went to work at a union shop because of the higher pay, got good training, worked there 35 years. Now I am retired, have a nice pension. Parts of our plant had non- union departments.....and shortly after another company bought the company it was closed. The non- union employees got screwed out of their company pension.

My union worked out good for me, for 35 years and counting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#47]
 Wow!  I woulda bet $1,000 you weren't much beyond 20 years old, judging by your posts.  My apologies...

There have developed 2 branches to this thread:  1) unions are dumb/bad, 2) RTW legislation is good.  Y'all can argue the former as you wish, but my answer is I don't care - let the market decide.  With regard to the latter, I will again ask, "If the union is such a good thing, then what's the issue?" ALL that RTW does is allow the individual person to choose to join/PAY or not.  Freedom is a messy business, but I much prefer it to communism.  (and yes, I chose that word thoughtfully)

Why in the world should you be endowed the force of law to deprive me of my right of association?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
As for me I am on so many lists that the alphabet gang knows I need to shit before I do. Those from the range know me from a time past but they will tell you I dont bullshit.  peace  Lance
View Quote

Well, by my simply acknowledging you in this thread, you are now on 27 more lists you didn't even know existed.

PS  just a heads up but You are gonna need a bigger roll of TP on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:26:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
 Wow!  I woulda bet $1,000 you weren't much beyond 20 years old, judging by your posts.  My apologies...

There have developed 2 branches to this thread:  1) unions are dumb/bad, 2) RTW legislation is good.  Y'all can argue the former as you wish, but my answer is I don't care - let the market decide.  With regard to the latter, I will again ask, "If the union is such a good thing, then what's the issue?" ALL that RTW does is allow the individual person to choose to join/PAY or not.  Freedom is a messy business, but I much prefer it to communism.  (and yes, I chose that word thoughtfully)

Why in the world should you be endowed the force of law to deprive me of my right of association?
View Quote

Because unions allow the medium-little guy to make sweet loot by rigging an unsustainable game.

Like being in congress but you don't need to get elected.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Flamethrower, stop trying to use facts!  Most of the union guys are so lied to by their unions that they will never believe anything to the contrary regardless of how many facts they're shown.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top