Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I will do my best, at least you can keep your hands warm on the barrels.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have slugs for 12 ga if anyone needs some... I have like 210 slugs or so. 2 3/4"

Okay, so should I have this thread deleted and perhaps use my own forum with a password? If so, I'll IM everyone the URL and password. This way we can keep it under raps.

Otherwise let me know.

I think if we brought some brats and hamburgers, few bags of chips, we're all set. I mean no reason to spend even more money at the local tavern... but it's up to you, I know I am fine with brats and hamburgers.

The shooting range is owned and maintained by the village/city, are we sure they can't deny us?

-David
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have slugs for 12 ga if anyone needs some... I have like 210 slugs or so. 2 3/4"

Okay, so should I have this thread deleted and perhaps use my own forum with a password? If so, I'll IM everyone the URL and password. This way we can keep it under raps.

Otherwise let me know.

I think if we brought some brats and hamburgers, few bags of chips, we're all set. I mean no reason to spend even more money at the local tavern... but it's up to you, I know I am fine with brats and hamburgers.

The shooting range is owned and maintained by the village/city, are we sure they can't deny us?

-David

I don't think you need to worry about having to delete the thread. People need to know what's going on. Just keep the other stuff to IM's and everythig should be cool.

I can bring some food as stated. If people want to eat at the tavern, have at it. I would just say to those. Guns and alcohol do not mix!

How much do you want for slugs if someone wants to buy them David?

Be cool like Fonze.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#4]
FT,

The slugs are Brenneke's from Gander. They were $1.69 for 5, cheapest slugs I have ever found, perform well. I bought a case of them (250), but I'm down to 210 or so... I shot a bunch off testing my new KNoxx CopStock :)

I don't need to charge for them if people let me try out some of their guns :)

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
well picked up another 300 9mm and 100 .40

stopped at the walmart, jeesh good prices on the 9 but ehh on the .40

WWB 9mm 11.23 per 100
WWB .40 9.87 per 50

anyway will have to get some more next week hopefully they will restock :)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
well picked up another 300 9mm and 100 .40

stopped at the walmart, jeesh good prices on the 9 but ehh on the .40

WWB 9mm 11.23 per 100
WWB .40 9.87 per 50

anyway will have to get some more next week hopefully they will restock :)

If you want ammo to shoot for the MP5 I believe he is bringing some to buy from him...

Are you allowing us to bring factory ammo ourselves if we want to shoot it? Or is it mandatory we buy it from you.

Thanks
-David
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Factory ammo is good. FMJ round nose, brass, std or military spec load. 115, 124 or 146 is common grains, other grain bullets are fine.
11.23 per 50rnds is about .22 a round...the ammunition I will have is about .15 per round. you can bring your own, but I will have some on hand also
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Correction....11.23 at 100rnds is a very good price.....11.23 per round. Be sure they are fmj round nose,brass not steel case, and std load.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Correction....11.23 at 100rnds is a very good price.....11.23 per round

yup thats what i thought  

Be sure they are fmj round nose,brass not steel case, and std load.

Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ
11.23 "lets say $12" x 100

500 rds $60
1k rds $120

jeesh and thats retail ya cant beat that so even if i dont shoot it all i can store it for my glock

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

yup thats what i thought  

h

Walmart here I come, its to bad they are antigun
do they have 223 fmj?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup thats what i thought  

jeesh and thats retail ya cant beat that so even if i dont shoot it all i can store it for my glock

Walmart here I come, its to bad they are antigun
do they have 223 fmj?

Winchester white box .223 55 grain FMJ is $7.74/40.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:05:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you for the pricing of 223 at Walmart....about 200.00 per 1000..good round but not a good deal...could be lower. 223 has a lower availability due to the war effort and prices rise but in time will come down.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#13]
If you are ok with Wolf, Gander Mtn has Wolf .223 for $2.50/20.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

To save you time calculating... $125 / 1k   :)

Im gonna go pick some up tonight after work, so I have some. I usually don't like Wolf, but hey... beggars can't be choosers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im gonna go pick some up tonight after work, so I have some. I usually don't like Wolf, but hey... beggars can't be choosers.

Wolf shoots just fine through my ARs and AKs.  I once had an AR that wouldn't digest Wolf so I sold it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wolf shoots just fine through my ARs and AKs.  I once had an AR that wouldn't digest Wolf so I sold it.

Need to talk to you about that AK... IM inbound.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you for the heads up on the wolf, I do not use it but I did get some for march. Trying to keep the cost down plus it should shoot through my negev belt fed ok.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#18]
well almost cleaned out another walmart, they had 12 boxes of 9mm i took 10 :) Take me a while to go through 1500 with the glock :)

update 100 packs of .40 S&W is 16 something a box,

sure as sh though i get home and totally forgot to pick up more rounds for the .270 grrrr

anyway other then a few more targets I think I am ready for the 25th Have to stop spending money as im supposed to be moving end of this month :)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So who is officially signing on to this shoot? Please sound off. Copy and paste this section and add your
name.
Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
MGLouie
Bringin the Ruger AC556F. Semi-3 round burst-FA.
yfs200 "Kevin"
Sprayandpray (9:00amish)
MGHenry
Bringin 10 to 12 NFA's
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight

I am working on getting some more Wolf plinking ammo.  I cleaned out Dunham's for 7.62x39 yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#20]
anyone planning on bringing camera, we could get some "in action" shots and maybe a group shot for the site.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm planning on bringin my still and vid camera. I have a tripod for the vid so I can set it up and let it record.

I was there today to check out the setup. There were 3 stands on the long range and 1 on the short range. They have cardboard in the culverts at the berms to hang targets on. I didn't check out the pistol range.

10 benches on the long range, 12 on the short range. We'll just use the short range for the NFA fun and leave the long range open for those who want to shoot their AR's out to 500 yds. I didn't have my range finder so I don't know if it's yards or meters.

Really a nice setup. Hope it dries up a little more by the shoot.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'm planning on bringin my still and vid camera. I have a tripod for the vid so I can set it up and let it record.

I was there today to check out the setup. There were 3 stands on the long range and 1 on the short range. They have cardboard in the culverts at the berms to hang targets on. I didn't check out the pistol range.

10 benches on the long range, 12 on the short range. We'll just use the short range for the NFA fun and leave the long range open for those who want to shoot their AR's out to 500 yds. I didn't have my range finder so I don't know if it's yards or meters.

Really a nice setup. Hope it dries up a little more by the shoot.

Only 4 stands? Was 6 like a week ago. Someone keeps stealing them. lol

My Dad is going to help me make some cheapie wood stands, for stapling cardboard too, better than nothing.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry guys, I've been out for a while. Didn't see the tacked thread. You can add my name to the list! I don't have nearly as much as you guys but if there is anything I can bring, soda, snacks, burgers, dogs, ammo, let me know. Can't wait to meet you all!

Stang
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#24]
So who is officially signing on to this shoot? Please sound off. Copy and paste this section and add your
name.
Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK

MGLouie Bringin the Ruger AC556F. Semi-3 round burst-FA.
yfs200 "Kevin"
Srayandprayp
(9:00amish)
MGHenry Bringin 10 to 12 NFA's
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight
mustangwon

Added ya
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanx MG.  And by the way, I will be fighting yfs200 for the brass. J/K, It sounds like there will be plenty for both of us.........................But no one else!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stang
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#26]
well as it seems alot still want to bbq, Ill bring a big think of mac salad and some plates forks and stuff couple trash bags :) and anything else i can think of

name.
Flamethrower
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
Macaroni salad, plates, forks
DavidK
yfs200 "Kevin"
Srayandprayp (9:00amish)
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight
mustangwon

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#27]

name.
Flamethrower 6 target stands, grill,  charcoal, burgers, dogs, brats, buns.
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
yfs200 "Kevin"
Srayandprayp (9:00amish)
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight
mustangwon

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

name.
dalesimpson
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
yfs200 "Kevin"
Sprayandpray Soda, i am open to suggestions, coke pepsi, diet , mtn drool, other?
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight
mustangwon

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

name.
dalesimpson grill, charcoal, soda, some sort of meat
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK
yfs200 "Kevin"
Sprayandpray Soda, i am open to suggestions, coke pepsi, diet , mtn drool, other?
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight
mustangwon

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

name.
CrotalusCo "Dan"
DavidK cheapie wood target stands, cardboard (hopefully), soda
yfs200 "Kevin"
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight
mustangwon

Anyone like Tuna Salad? I can make some up if you wanted. Just let me know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I figgured I would grab 4 or 5 24 packs and some ice , but I am short on big coolers, someone want to drag a bigum along for the soda???
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I figgured I would grab 4 or 5 24 packs and some ice , but I am short on big coolers, someone want to drag a bigum along for the soda???

We need to coordinate more... 4 or 5 cases of soda is ALOT of soda, especially if everyone else is bringing soda... lol We're gonna have what... 12 guys?

You obviously have soda covered, someone else bring something, i bring something, etc... this way no one is wasting money.

Sound good?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I guess I won't bring anything to drink then.  Looks like liquid refreshments are covered.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#34]
ya with 12 of us if everyone do 5-6$ stuff we could eat like kings. So lets spread this around some so we dont over do it . Have to figure we will be mostly munching between shooting so we dont need a major deal.

Some ideas on needs,

grill and coals
couple 12rs of soda should do
grill meat / buns
chips
condiments
Ice

and anything else i might have not thought of

and im bringing home made mac salad with plates utensils and napkins and the like

if anyone would like to bring me a single 5' tall good looking redhead/blond/brunette im all up for that
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
ya with 12 of us if everyone do 5-6$ stuff we could eat like kings. So lets spread this around some so we dont over do it . Have to figure we will be mostly munching between shooting so we dont need a major deal.

Some ideas on needs,

grill and coals
couple 12rs of soda should do
grill meat / buns
chips
condiments
Ice

and anything else i might have not thought of

and im bringing home made mac salad with plates utensils and napkins and the like

if anyone would like to bring me a single 5' tall good looking redhead/blond/brunette im all up for that

Okay, figure 12 people, 3 cans of soda for each, 3 12's for soda is all we need.

Buns? Figure 2 doz of each?

Brats, Burgers? 1-2 dozen of each?

Chips? 2-3 bags?

I mean, I'm there to shoot guns, not pig out on food. No need for people to spend a ton on food. 1 brat or burger, a handful of chips I'm good to go.

What do you guys think?

But make sure you bring lots of 5' tall good looking redhead/blond/brunettes
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#36]

name.
Flamethrower 6 target stands, pigeon thrower, grill, burgers, dogs, brats, buns, corpse sized cooler.
CrotalusCo "Dan"
yfs200 "Kevin"
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight
mustangwon
Brad-"Makin Pearls"

Dale are you bringing a big bag of charcoal? Enough for to grills with lighter fluid? Or should I still bring some? I don't want to put you out.

I have a large cooler. I can bring it.

As for the food. If there is food that does not get eaten, who ever brought it can always take it home. Then no wasted food. I will still bring what I have on the list. If it does not get eaten I will just bring it home. I don't mind spending a little money on food. I don't like it when people go hungry on my watch. I love food and love to eat, I am not ashamed to admit it.

S&P I appreciate the offer of soda. BTW the only soda that truely "exists" is Mt. Dew.

David I am not a big fan of Tuna. Others may be though.

The other nice thing is, the days are getting longer and we will have more daylight to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Well of course I read this after my every other week trip to woodmans, So 24 pepsi's, and a dozen each of diet cole, root beer and Mtn dew might be too much??? Too much , this is ARFCOM, home of get both. who are you guys kidding.

And I usually hang out in the tin foil section and us SF type's always stock up on EVERYTHING!!!
40 tubes of toothpaste , check.
10,000 rolls of toilet paper , check.
8 bowling balls, check.
12 bags of cat litter <Honey we dont have a cat why do you keep buying cat litter? in the background> check.
tou get the idea............

Besides I know I am bringing my roomate,Ha 13 that makes it all ok, and I would not at all be surprised if more people show up. Like Flamethrower said, it's not like we can't take it back with us.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

name.
Flamethrower 6 target stands, pigeon thrower, grill, burgers, dogs, brats, buns, corpse sized cooler.
CrotalusCo "Dan"
yfs200 "Kevin"
Guillotine
Interceptor Knight
mustangwon
Brad-"Makin Pearls"

Dale are you bringing a big bag of charcoal? Enough for to grills with lighter fluid? Or should I still bring some? I don't want to put you out.

I have a large cooler. I can bring it.

As for the food. If there is food that does not get eaten, who ever brought it can always take it home. Then no wasted food. I will still bring what I have on the list. If it does not get eaten I will just bring it home. I don't mind spending a little money on food. I don't like it when people go hungry on my watch. I love food and love to eat, I am not ashamed to admit it.

S&P I appreciate the offer of soda. BTW the only soda that truely "exists" is Mt. Dew.

David I am not a big fan of Tuna. Others may be though.

The other nice thing is, the days are getting longer and we will have more daylight to shoot.

Flamethrower, I will bring enough charcoal for both our grills.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Well of course I read this after my every other week trip to woodmans, So 24 pepsi's, and a dozen each of diet cole, root beer and Mtn dew might be too much??? Too much , this is ARFCOM, home of get both. who are you guys kidding.

And I usually hang out in the tin foil section and us SF type's always stock up on EVERYTHING!!!
40 tubes of toothpaste , check.
10,000 rolls of toilet paper , check.
8 bowling balls, check.
12 bags of cat litter <Honey we dont have a cat why do you keep buying cat litter? in the background> check.
tou get the idea............

Besides I know I am bringing my roomate,Ha 13 that makes it all ok, and I would not at all be surprised if more people show up. Like Flamethrower said, it's not like we can't take it back with us.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I have bowling pins! I will bring them too.

BTW thanks Dale.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Im with david, im a small guy so im good with just 1 brat OR burger and handful of chips,

Hell ive owned this AR almost a month and i havent been able to sight it in yet, im going to shoot and pick all your brains :)
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Im with david, im a small guy so im good with just 1 brat OR burger and handful of chips,

Hell ive owned this AR almost a month and i havent been able to sight it in yet, im going to shoot and pick all your brains :)

Well, I'm not a small guy, I'm about as fat as they come ;)

---

Okay guys if you want to bring extra, do it, I was just trying to help out everyone ;) I guess it looks like everything is covered, I'll just give ya guys $5 or something for eating some of your food :)

My Dad's birthday is Sunday, gotta take him out for dinner, so I may not have enough money to shoot some full autos, but I'm more psyched about meeting everyone :)

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I'm not a small guy, I'm about as fat as they come ;)

---

Okay guys if you want to bring extra, do it, I was just trying to help out everyone ;) I guess it looks like everything is covered, I'll just give ya guys $5 or something for eating some of your food :)

My Dad's birthday is Sunday, gotta take him out for dinner, so I may not have enough money to shoot some full autos, but I'm more psyched about meeting everyone :)

Can't wait!

David I don't need money for food. Save it for ammo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Weather for the 25th

scattered snow with a high of 44

who is bringing the ice shanties, grr snow end of march i want to go back to AZ :(
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Weather for the 25th

scattered snow with a high of 44

who is bringing the ice shanties, grr snow end of march i want to go back to AZ :(

If it's going to be 44, I doubt it'll be snow, probaly rain :D  I shoot rain, snow or sleet ;)
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey Flamethrower.  Did you ever score any quantities of 7.62x54R ammo?  If not I will probably go to Fleet Farm and grab a spam can this afternoon.  I do plan on bringing at least 1 or maybe 2 Mosins to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I have a M44 Carbine (shot two times) with ammo if anyone is interested? Make me some offers? :D  Just looking to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I have a M44 Carbine (shot two times) with ammo if anyone is interested? Make me some offers? :D  Just looking to get rid of it.

Bring it with you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bring it with you.

Yes sir. I'm always interested in trades too...well it isn't worth enough to trade for a gun but ammo, accessories, or just cash is good :)

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Hey Flamethrower.  Did you ever score any quantities of 7.62x54R ammo?  If not I will probably go to Fleet Farm and grab a spam can this afternoon.  I do plan on bringing at least 1 or maybe 2 Mosins to shoot.

Dale I was at the fleet farm in West Bend today, and saw a few cans. I didn't have the cash for a can. Maybe we could splt a can. Or could trade you for a whole can? Need any brass, or something else?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dale I was at the fleet farm in West Bend today, and saw a few cans. I didn't have the cash for a can. Maybe we could splt a can. Or could trade you for a whole can? Need any brass, or something else?

I have like 4-500 rounds that I got from Fleet awhile back, I have them in an ammo can, what do you have for trade? :D

Any 5.56? .45? 7.62? .22?  I trade for anything :)

Also, anyone here have a .22 pistol they're selling?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top