Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/30/2005 6:07:13 AM EDT
Sully has a thread going, trying to guage interest in a precision rifle course in Reedsburg. (I assume he means Stan's.)
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=129&t=147570
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Hit the thread, just still trying to convince AnnieO to take the class on her own.  I know I won't be able to make it due to work.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
tell her to come along we will take "good care of her"

J/K actualy I bet she would really enjoy the class since you said she likes shooting things really far away with that new ar she got.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope this class flies, as it would be the final impetus needed to get my flat-top upper built.

Unless I shot it with my deer rifle

Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...we will take "good care of her" ...

...or she will go "hostage target" on you.

I'll let her know who to aim for first trust sodomize with a 20' HB else will be there.

Link Posted: 6/30/2005 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
What are the hardware requirements for the precision rifle class?
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What are the hardware requirements for the precision rifle class?

Precision Rifle

This course will emphasize fundamentals of scoped rifle marksmanship. The program progresses the student from basics to more advanced information on the application of the scoped rifle.

This is a full 2-day course and students will be introduced to a variety of topics, including:

Ballistics: Internal, External and Terminal
Ballistic tables for the .308 caliber rifle
Zeroing the rifle (100 yard Zero recommended)
Position shooting: Prone W/bipod, Sitting, Kneeling and improvised positions
Elevation and windage changes for varying ranges/wind conditions.
Range Estimation
Proper use of Camouflage
Fieldcraft
Equipment for Precision Rifle:

Sub MOA Rifle (.308 cal. Preferred)
Rifle Scope (target knobs or finger adjustable preferred)
Bipod
Binoculars
Bean bag or Sand Sock (some will be available for use/purchase)
Spotting Scope and Tripod
Laser Rangefinder (Optional)
Shooting mat; Tarp and or Poncho
Notebook and Pencils
250 Rounds Match Grade Ammo
Leatherman Type Tool
Ear & eye protection
Knee & elbow pads (optional)
Hat; Vail; Ghille Suit or camouflage clothing
2 Boot laces or 25feet of Paracord
1 Small Roll camouflage Duct Tape
Handgun, Holster, Xtra Mag, Ammo
Lunch, Drinks, Water, Snacks
Lawn chair or other furniture to burn
Cleaning Gear:

One-piece cleaning rod, stainless steel or coated. Never use segmented steel or aluminum rod
Brass jag
Bore guide
Bronze "Benchrest" bore brush. Ensure it is 100% Bronze or brass construction.
Flannel cleaning patches
Wiping rags such as shop rags or ripped up T-shirts.
Cleaning Solvent
Copper removing solvent
Lubricant (Militech or Slip 2000 Preferred)
Lens dust brush, lens paper, and lens cleaner for scope lenses. (Available at camera stores)

Link Posted: 7/1/2005 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...we will take "good care of her" ...

...or she will go "hostage target" on you.

I'll let her know who to aim for first trust sodomize with a 20' HB else will be there.

remind me to get my bulet resistant jock strap out
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in on this.  However, it would have to be September-October.  I need to get some more brass and load ammo for it, and also build a Ghillie.  I have everything else needed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm interested. But it's very dependant on the date on if I can make it or not.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If this is going to occur it would fit our schedule for September.  I will need to let our Instructor know so he can plan.  We need a head count to see if there is enough interest.  So please sound off if you are interested.

CY6,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
TheDefensiveEdge.com  

I expect none and I are both in. He's away for a few days, will let him know.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I am interested. Hit me with a date.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#13]
My two available weekends in September have both filled--one with another class, and one with a social engagement.  There is no chance I can get days off for this course.  Thus, I'll have to pass.

I want to hear all about it afterwards, though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in for sure.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#15]
btt to hopefully stir up a little more interest. This is a great class and I would hate for you guys to miss out.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I may be interested in this. I have always wanted to do some long range work with my PSS and get some decent training. And i Knoooowwww the training will be decent.. Now I gotta see what it's gonna cost me for 250 rds of fed Match.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#18]
On the fence and hoping, but its probably out of my reach this time around.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
3-4 and 24-25 would be ok.  UTA on the 10th and Canada on the 16th would take me out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Posted this in a couple other HT forums to see if there was any interest from close by states.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:20:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If this is going to occur it would fit our schedule for September.  I will need to let our Instructor know so he can plan.  We need a head count to see if there is enough interest.  So please sound off if you are interested.

CY6,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
TheDefensiveEdge.com  

I expect none and I are both in. He's away for a few days, will let him know.

OK just walked back in the door and havent even unpacked yet.

I am in if I have to rob a bank to come up with the funds  (ohh wait everyone forget I said anything about robbing a bank )
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#22]
IN
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#23]
hmmmm .223 or .338 The choices.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:32:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Interested, all dates are open right now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
BC in any date
TT in
none in
p-man IN I don't have any prefered days, I just need to know the dates ASAP so I can be sure to get off work
kill ?
T-J ?
Harv ?
Moa plus 3-4   24-25
boomholzer in
annie o ?
flamethrower ?

We need aminimum of ten confirmed attendeees.ROLL CALL Sound off!

CUT AND PASTE THIS AND UPDATE IT WITH GTG DATES.

tnx

bulletcatchr

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
BC in any date
TT in Whenever
none in
p-man ?
kill ?
T-J ?
Harv ?
Moa plus 3-4   24-25
boomholzer in
annie o ?
flamethrower ?

tnx

bulletcatchr

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#28]
What are we looking at cost wise????
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
BC in any date
TT in
none in your call
p-man ?
kill ?
T-J ?
Harv ?
Moa plus 3-4   24-25
boomholzer in
annie o ?
flamethrower ?

tnx

bulletcatchr

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
BC in any date
TT in
none in
p-man ?
kill ?
T-J ?
Harv ?
Moa plus 3-4   24-25
boomholzer in
annie o ?
Flamethrower  I am in. I have a friend that is "in" Date dependent.  For me any date is fine later in Sept. is better for me.  For my friend The weekend of Sept 24th or the weekend of Oct 4th is prefferable.

tnx

bulletcatchr

I am going to check with another friend of mine to see if he wants to go. Will have an answer in a day or 2.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:
BC in any date
TT in
none in
p-man ?
kill ?
T-J ?
Harv ?
Moa plus 3-4   24-25
boomholzer in are we looking at September or October-ish or beyond? November gets into scouting & hunting so it would be harder to commit. One wedding in October I need to get a date on. Nothing right now in Sept
annie o ?
Flamethrower  I am in. I have a friend that is "in" Date dependent.  For me any date is fine later in Sept. is better for me.  For my friend The weekend of Sept 24th or the weekend of Oct 4th is prefferable.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I am very interested but I need to know a date.  You can count me plus one in
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BC in any date
TT in
none in
p-man ?
kill ?
T-J ?
Harv ?
Moa plus 3-4   24-25
boomholzer in
annie o ?
Flamethrower  I am in. I have a friend that is "in" Date dependent.  For me any date is fine later in Sept. is better for me or after.  For my friend The weekend of Sept 24th or the weekend of Oct 4th is prefferable.

tnx

bulletcatchr

I am going to check with another friend of mine to see if he wants to go. Will have an answer in a day or 2.

Small edit

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#35]
I am interested but need to know the date and it must be over a weekend.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I am interested but need to know the date and it must be over a weekend.

Most of the classes ar eweekend classes so you should be good there, I'm waiting on a date too as thats the biggest factor for me too, as I need to request off damn near a month in advance......
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
BC in any date
TT in
none in
p-man ?
kill IN for 9/10-11 or 9/24-25
T-J ?
Harv ?
Moa plus 3-4   24-25
boomholzer in are we looking at September or October-ish or beyond? November gets into scouting & hunting so it would be harder to commit. One wedding in October I need to get a date on. Nothing right now in Sept
annie o ?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Whoops.....double tap.

Oh yeah......I might have another guy attending, depends on how quickly a date is selected.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
BC in any date
TT in
none in
p-man IN
kill IN for 9/10-11 or 9/24-25
T-J ?
Harv ?
Moa plus 3-4   24-25
annie o ?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm still a possible, just need to have a date so I can see wht I can work with.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:58:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Bump for that all important date
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Still juggling on the fence here.
Seems like there's enough affirmative responses to move forward on the class and set a date.

I'm date dependant, AND looking to make up an equipment defiency.
If it does happens for me, it'll definitely be a solo mission this time.

It would put me a lot closer if I could borrow a spotting scope/tripod and a range finder for the class.
I'm also shy a bipod for Rem700VS, but I've been needing a good excuse to own one; got one for sale?

What's the scoop with the ghille, I have a line on them for $150, but if I can get by with BDUs, a boonie, and a camo-bug-netting veil, that puts me in a much better position.
I don't have time to make one before class unless someone has a REALLY slick/eazy method worked out.

Still hoping to make it .....
T-J
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Seems like there's enough affirmative responses to move forward on the class and set a date.

It would put me a lot closer if I could borrow a spotting scope/tripod and a range finder for the class.
I'm also shy a bipod for Rem700VS, but I've been needing a good excuse to own one; got one for sale?

What's the scoop with the ghille, I have a line on them for $150, but if I can get by with BDUs, a boonie, and a camo-bug-netting veil, that puts me in a much better position.
I don't have time to make one before class unless someone has a REALLY slick/eazy method worked out.

T-J

TJ I've got a non swiveling version you can barrow, it's the 9-13 harris. I'm using a cheap knockoff version of the 6-9 swivel one, the 9-13 is definetly a better field bi-pod then the shorter ones.
I don't have a spare spotting scope and the one I have is kind cheap as is. I'm sure somone might have one you can barrow.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

T-J

TJ I've got a non swiveling version you can barrow, it's the 9-13 harris. I'm using a cheap knockoff version of the 6-9 swivel one, the 9-13 is definetly a better field bi-pod then the shorter ones.
I don't have a spare spotting scope and the one I have is kind cheap as is. I'm sure somone might have one you can barrow.

+1, the BR pod will probably be extended anyways. I'll also bring a 9-13 Harris as a spare or to loan out.
I doubt the everyone has assess to a LRF?  Personally, I would be looking for more instruction on mil-dot ranging anyways. If the class allows us to share "dope" a few LRF's should suffice.  I have one I'll bring.

Position shooting: Prone W/bipod, Sitting, Kneeling and improvised positions

Will this address sling work? Im short on a decent sling for one rifle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I have this style of sling stud under the stock.

Will I need and sort of adapter to use the bipod, or does it affis directly to the stud?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:35:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I have this style of sling stud under the stock.

www.bravocompanyusa.com/images/Img472.gif

Will I need and sort of adapter to use the bipod, or does it affis directly to the stud?

Direct fit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:48:34 AM EDT
[#47]
We gotta figure this out ASAP.  In the next 5 weeks, I have a camping trip, the refresher on the 20th, and I have to take a weekender to Kentucky.  There are also the classes in MN and the possible class at Stan's.  I don't know that I can afford more than one class at this point.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:04:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
We gotta figure this out ASAP.  In the next 5 weeks, I have a camping trip, the refresher on the 20th, and I have to take a weekender to Kentucky.  There are also the classes in MN and the possible class at Stan's.  I don't know that I can afford more than one class at this point.

Dead on with that Kill, we need to get this figured out ASAP, the closer we get to Sept without a date picked the less and less the possibility that I can get off work for this class.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Well crap.  I just got word that my partner is deploying again next Friday.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#50]
MY wife is pushing hard to book the first two weekends in Sept. We need to get this booked ASAP or I will wind up being booked up and then will have to throw a fit when I can't do the class.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top