Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2005 6:51:39 PM EDT
I am finding out more details from people, but tentatively the plan is to have four walks - starting in a few  gun friendly places, and ending in Madison with the introduction of the PPA. We have the support of various LE agencies, DAs and are working on a few more.

Im not sure how much more I can reveal at the moment, as to what group ponied up (you can probably guess) but as of now, it looks like we are a go.

I will give more details when I can.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Let us know when and whare ASAP. And thank you for all of your hard work and dedication
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Let us know when and whare ASAP. And thank you for all of your hard work and dedication

Fuck ya. Adrian you fucking rock man.!!!

ETA: Be sure too keep us in the loop, When oyu know dates let us know because it takes time for me to be able to get off work, and I don't want to miss out on this like I had to do with all the PPA stuff at the capitol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
tag for details
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck ya. Adrian you fucking rock man.!!!

ETA: Be sure too keep us in the loop, When oyu know dates let us know because it takes time for me to be able to get off work, and I don't want to miss out on this like I had to do with all the PPA stuff at the capitol.

Will do guys - it's being kept quiet for now - the first couple marches probably won't be officially endorsed by Zien or WCCA, but the last one or two will as the PPA is introduced. When everything is in place and we have dates set, I will let everyone know. Our next meeting to discuss the issue is the first week of June, so I should know more after that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Way to go Adrian!  
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Have a walk in milwaukee so we can educate some of these stupid bastards we have living here.
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Have a walk in milwaukee so we can educate some of these stupid bastards we have living here.

Let me guess, you're a school teacher?
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't tell you what i do because i'd have to kill you!
Link Posted: 5/26/2005 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I can't tell you what i do because i'd have to kill you!

And that's just a pain in the ass with all the paper work you gotta fill out these days

Let me add this so we're all on the same page - Im not running the show anymore - I did the primary work, but a new group of people bucked up and got some things done. So, I am still a bit in the dark too and am waiting to speak to them after the next planning session. Im going to try to be involved as I can in the planning process, but Im moving out of state this weekend, so my participation will probably be a bit limited. I'll make sure Im back for the marches. Anyways, when I hear more, I will post.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#10]
tag. bump. yippefrikinkyay!

Link Posted: 5/28/2005 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome undercover work!!!
PLease at least post some tentative dates so e can plan.

bulletcatchR
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Free bump so it don't get lost on the back pages.
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Free bump so it don't get lost on the back pages.

bump hell...this can be tacked

Thanks Tat.

Doesn't it make ya feel good to see an idea born right here  come to life.

Now we all just got to be sure to show up for at least one of these. Can't wait to get the updates with dates and such.
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2005 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Excellent, glad to hear we are following suit like done in Ohio.  Just let me know where and where and I'll be there along with many friends I'll bring along.  I hope a good united website can be put up for the cause also.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#17]
definite tag!
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#18]
alright guys, Im trying to whip this into shape. Looking at perhaps early August - probably one of the first few days of August. Still waiting to be sure the authority figures in Wauk Co are behind us.
Link Posted: 7/3/2005 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Make it a sunday if you could.I work saturdays.GF
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#20]
The first few days of august are fast approaching, Any new information??
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#21]
A few things. I haven't heard squat from the folks who were going to do this. I'm starting a new job in SD, I'll be training for the next few months, I really can't do any more of this myself. I got the legal legwork done before I left WI, I really don't have time to organize anything now. I feel bad, but that's how it is.

Supposedly, some people were taking over from WCCA - they said they planned three marches around the state, with a final one in Madison when the legislation was to be introduced. I havent heard ANYTHING since then.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK SHOULD BE DONE.

1) You don't need 200 people to make this work. If you can get half a dozen people together to walk around town and grab lunch, that's all you'll need to start. You guys who drill together every few weeks - set one of the days aside and go down to Waukesha or something. Just start small.

2) Realize that the law is on your side - if you read all the research in that doc, it is plain and clear that you have the right to open carry. a) its protected by the WI Const b) you can't carry concealed. - open carry is your only solution.

3) Start in a more gun friendly town. Call Waukesha DA Paul Bucher and tell him you want to do this, and want his help. Call the Waukesha Co Sheriff, explain to him what you'll be doing. Ask for his support. They'll probably give it to you, and you'll have a "safe"place to walk all you want.

4) Everyone who wants to help, call the WCCA and tell them you want this walk to go forward.

That's how you have to start. This thing isnt going to go on its own, a few good men need to step forward and say "lets just do it." That doc should have taken out most, if not all of the legal questions. Now its just a matter of resolve - you just need a few folks to get together and march on the weekend.

That's what they started doing out in VA, if you've ever followed their open carry movement. Couples, small groups, individuals out carrying, educating the police and the community.

Now, somebody go to your phone now, call Paul Bucher, and get some!

[email protected]

(262) 548-7076
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Hmmmm........

So FMD can we all come up to your place and take a little walk around the neighborhood some evening
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Count me in in a waukesha march! How about downtown on a sunday? Anyone else interested? I hate to get arrested by myself!
I did e mail paul Bucher to get info on doing this the right way!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:50:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So FMD can we all come up to your place and take a little walk around the neighborhood some evening

I'm within the City of Waukesha limits.  If we did this, we might want to do it in an unicorporated area, specifically to avoid any overzealous city PD's. I believe that the DC charges one could expect to be filed would come from a city's prosecutor, rather than Bucher.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#25]
or check with the local PD, at least let them know ahead of time what youll be doing and why. If you explain it to them ahead of time, logically, show them the laws, hopefully they will understand.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
or check with the local PD, at least let them know ahead of time what youll be doing and why. If you explain it to them ahead of time, logically, show them the laws, there wont be much they can do.

And if we ca nget lucky maybe we can get a little support from the Sheriff, which I'm sure would help with the locals.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Any word from Bucher?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#28]
None!
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It's been two months,is this thread dead?

bulletcatchR

I hate to say it but I think so.

I talked to Jim Fendry last week and asked him if he had heard anything about this idea in his dealings with WCCA and he said that my mention of it was the first time he had heard about it. Guess WCCA didn't really mean that they were going to do anything with it when they told Adrian they would.

Oh well there are other ways to fight the fight.
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#31]
IMO, if the WI PPA doesn't get into law this next go-around, we need to use the open-carry walks as our "nuclear" option.  I also think we need to make this known to Zien and the rest of our "representatives" in Madison.  Not in a threatening way of course... just an FYI.
Link Posted: 10/25/2005 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#32]
mpthole,

I agree 10,000%.

Come on guys in WI!!!

We here in Ohio are rooting for you, but do not know what is going on politically - if anything.  You MUST be aware of what is going on in that arena so as not to sabotage it.

One thing I am 100% sure of is that properly done open carry walks DO produce results, when combined with people savvy of the political landscape.

We had 20 open carry walks here in Ohio.  I was in 8 of them - more than or equal to any other single person.

Contact me at ohiorkba at yahoo dott com if anyone likes.

BB62
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Fuck guys, sorry that I got your hopes up and everything. When I got that phone call call back in May it sounded like FOR SURE WCCA was going to have marches starting in July/August, ending with a big one in Madison when the PPA was introduced.

I don't know what the hell is up with the gun groups in WI. I already hated WGO Inc, but frankly I think WCCA and WRPA are a bunch of pansies too.

I did get an email last week from a guy who wanted permission to make this happen. I told him to go ahead, gave him all my contacts emails/numbers and told him to post here and elsewhere. Haven't heard anything yet.

Anyways, the "nuclear option" may be the way to go. If the bill looks like it is going to fail, or if it does fail, just start open carrying. The law really is clear as a bell.  Constitutional right to carry - but you can't do it concealed. The only way to carry is openly. You don't need Johnny Cochran to argue it in court. Just make sure you're smart about how you do it.

For what its worth, I havent heard of any CCW charges being pressed lately. I think the DAs know that a CCW charge for someone otherwise legally carrying won't hold up in court. Well, you've read the law - if you can prove the only way to carry was concealed (i.e. fear of DC arrest for open carrying) then you're good to go too. You can argue it both ways.

Good luck guys.
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Nothing for you to be sorry about. It was a failure on our part to push it and it was a failure on the part of the wisconsin pro-gun community to use a proven tactic to bring attention to CCW.
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Fuck guys, sorry that I got your hopes up and everything.

Oh shush it.  Like p-man said - you've got 0 to be sorry about.

We owe you a big thanks for the letter campaign - the responses received were and are relevant and important.  We now know that carrying openly in many parts of the state carries with it a very real potential of being arrested.

Got the chance to speak with Senator Dave last night at a FNRA banquet up in Saukville - there's more cases than just Fisher headed the WISC's way - couldn't get all the details - but he did say that the legislature will be voting on the PPA in November, and the override attempt will come in December - so we'll know by then what's what (or so I hope).

Enjoy South Dakota dude - you and the other twenty people living there are pretty darn lucky in terms of being in a firearm friendly state - so stay hot all the time.  capisci ?
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Dolomite I htink besides fisher there are 4-6 cases headed that way. IIRC two of them are like Fisher where it's a question of the Appeals courts wanting clarification. I haven't spent to much time looking for them though, I may on one of my days off though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Dolomite I htink besides fisher there are 4-6 cases headed that way.

Zien said there was 5:  Fisher plus three others, and one more in the early stages.

I haven't spent to much time looking for them though, I may on one of my days off though.
Same here - I've got a couple of second hand stories - but that's it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck guys, sorry that I got your hopes up and everything.

Oh shush it.  Like p-man said - you've got 0 to be sorry about.

We owe you a big thanks for the letter campaign - the responses received were and are relevant and important.  We now know that carrying openly in many parts of the state carries with it a very real potential of being arrested.

Got the chance to speak with Senator Dave last night at a FNRA banquet up in Saukville - there's more cases than just Fisher headed the WISC's way - couldn't get all the details - but he did say that the legislature will be voting on the PPA in November, and the override attempt will come in December - so we'll know by then what's what (or so I hope).

Enjoy South Dakota dude - you and the other twenty people living there are pretty darn lucky in terms of being in a firearm friendly state - so stay hot all the time.  capisci ?

Well thanks guys, I'm just glad I could I help is someway before I fled. I sure like the freedom out here in SD, hunting is great too, but there ain't much for shooting events - I sure miss the IDPA / 3 gun matches every weekend. I guess its just too hard to get all twenty of us together on any given weekend I'm hot 24/7, and will be until the day I die.

Good luck, free people in the rest of the country are rooting for you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:22:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I have to add something here...  Are we sheep or men? The law enforcement officials can give anyone a disorderly conduct citation at anytime for any reason.  
Someone complaining about your weapon causing a disturbance is the disorderly conduct.
I open and carry a pistol from time to time and sure I get some looks but havent had problems, if they want to infringe my rights I will sue their ass.

They can do whatever they want obviously and will get away with whatever they can , but actions have consequences.
I would like to see CCW allowed and will march anyday anywhere in support of it. HUGE mistake to ask the government.. may I please have my rights? may I please redress the government for greivances? Its actually pretty sad, thats why I had to add this little rant..
Top Top