Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2016 6:44:40 AM EDT
Just need some supervision . I have a 80% I'd like to mill out just for the experience .
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
which area? CO's a big state
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

which area? CO's a big state

View Quote
Montrose but can drive anywhere Western Slope wise.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Jim would have been glad to help you, but some people got him banned
View Quote
Dang it!

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit?!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah someone thought because he told a gunshop owner that an employee was making disparaging remarks online about the gunshop's customers, that he was arocking someone. Made enough noise that staff decided to ban him.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit?!

Yeah someone thought because he told a gunshop owner that an employee was making disparaging remarks online about the gunshop's customers, that he was arocking someone. Made enough noise that staff decided to ban him.

Yeah not happy about that. I need to text him.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:26:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Any luck finding an 80% lower expert?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:33:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd help you, but I'm north of Colorado Springs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Any luck finding an 80% lower expert?
View Quote
No :(

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
I could maybe drive that typically I'm off during the week not the weekend however

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#12]
New All The Fun rule says you can't machine an 80% unless you own the machine.  Why not buy a drilling jig?

BTW, using a milling machine isn't hard, but there is a lot to learn. To start, you must tram the mill.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

New All The Fun rule says you can't machine an 80% unless you own the machine.
 Why not buy a drilling jig?

BTW, using a milling machine isn't hard, but there is a lot to learn. To start, you must tram the mill.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
New All The Fun rule says you can't machine an 80% unless you own the machine.  Why not buy a drilling jig?

View Quote

It doesn't quite say that - it says a business (including an association or society) may not avoid getting a manufacturing license by letting persons perform their own machining on the business' machines.

Does not preclude a private mill owner from letting/helping a friend use their non-business milling machine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It doesn't quite say that - it says a business (including an association or society) may not avoid getting a manufacturing license by letting persons perform their own machining on the business' machines.

Does not preclude a private mill owner from letting/helping a friend use their non-business milling machine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A "legal" way to get around it is to form the company into a corporation and then sell them a share. When the project is over, the share is then sold to the next person in line who then comes in to mill theirs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I could maybe drive that typically I'm off during the week not the weekend however  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, I'd only be free to help you on weekends. I work 12-14hr days Mon-Fri.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Unfortunately, I'd only be free to help you on weekends. I work 12-14hr days Mon-Fri.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a sat and sun off first week in October:)

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#18]
This is how you finish an 80% lower

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top