Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2015 11:58:23 AM EDT
Not really happy with my current ISP and looking for a new one.  

Thanks in advance,

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Not really happy with my current ISP and looking for a new one.  

Thanks in advance,

View Quote
I think its pretty much either Comcast or Qwest.  I still call them Qwest because they still suck.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think its pretty much either Comcast or Qwest.  I still call them Qwest because they still suck.  
View Quote

Aka Qworst.  Their backbone network still sucks ass.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
they both suck but IMO century link is pure shit. I'd go with comcast, at least you'll have decent speed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I moved to HR recently and brought Century Link (Qwest) with me from Thornton area.  The installer admitted they haven't upgraded the network or have any plans to put in FO or anything else here to help.  Terrible speeds and service, I really can't say how awful they were.  We had an outtage for almost 2 weeks and they wouldn't credit my lost service or help in any way.  I moved to Comcast and haven't looked back.  Better speeds and better customer service all around.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Even though i hate comcast, theyre the best option.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even though i hate comcast, theyre the best option.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
What part of HR do you live? Depending where, we(centurylink technician) have FTTH(fiber to the home). A lot of Highlands Ranch we can bond a 60/30 mbps or higher circuit. A lot of denver that is aerial fed now has FTTH offering 1 gig. Do we have shitty areas, yup. Do we have lazy techs, yup. Do we have some worthless engineers, yup. We also have techs that actually take pride in their work. Also upgrading has a lot of barriers, city, county, state, fed govt. This I learned working on our Prism TV launching/building.

Also, if you guys have issues, shoot me a message. I may not be the one to fix it, but can usually get the right people to fix it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:46:03 AM EDT
[#8]
FIOS is coming in sporadically.

At the moment, Comcast is unfortunately the correct answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top