Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/23/2014 8:58:24 AM EDT
So, a few of us have talked about getting together for a day and/or weekend of skiing/snowboarding. Let's start planning it! I will start a poll with weekends and resorts, once I get some feedback. I am currently thinking either the weekend of March 8-9th, or March 15-16th and either A-Basin or Loveland. Thoughts?

Update 1: Looks like the majority of people interested have A-Basin passes, and we have a couple of offers for good deals there as well. So, A-Basin it is! Next task it date. See poll.

Thanks for the tack, Dave!

Can anybody see the post I made at 8:10 this morning? I can't but if I am in the HTF it says I am the last to post. Is my account cursed???

Update 2: The poll hasn't changed, so I am declaring the weekend of March 8-9th as the weekend!

Update 3: Saturday, March 8th is the Official day!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Ummmmmmmmm...anyone else seeing the topic got moved message dated almost two and a half years ago??????
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Kinda weird, so was your post from Pre-weed CO?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ummmmmmmmm...anyone else seeing the topic got moved message dated almost two and a half years ago??????
View Quote

Past ARF is coming for you! Hide your dogs
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#5]
If you make it an Arfcom ski or ride day at A-Basin  I can help team members with discounted tickets.

Arrangements would need to be made in advance of course. I'll tag this thread.
Feel free to contact me through the site as well.

I don't get online very often, so bear with me if there's a delay in my response please.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I've still never been.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]

I don't ski the bumps like I use to  a back surgery in 2012 ensures I stick to corduroy and high speed runs on smoother trials (that is my "thrill" or rush these days).  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a blue bunny, but I can't keep up with any bumps or woods skiing anymore.

All that said, if my skill level matches up to everyone else going, I would definitely try to make it up.  But if you guys are planning extreme skiing, I will have to pass.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to go. I have a pass to A Basin so that would be my obvious choice. Does arfcom hate snowboarders or will I still be in the band?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Bumps - I prefer blues all day unless there is fresh snow, then I go play on the blacks or in the trees. Bumps suck on a board and steep and super hard pack aren't my idea of fun.

Battle - I snowboard, so you will be more than welcome.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I've still never been.
View Quote
I have a torn ACL, surgery this spring. We can drink beer on the beach.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've still never been.

March should be good weather for that. Is that ample time for everyone?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bumps - I prefer blues all day unless there is fresh snow, then I go play on the blacks or in the trees. Bumps suck on a board and steep and super hard pack aren't my idea of fun.

View Quote

That's my style of riding as well haven't played in the trees for years though.
The SO and I have A-basin passes so that'd be my first choice but I'm sure we could swing it if we decide to go elsewhere.

Hey andrasik we may be heading up tomorrow if you wanna give it a whirl.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You leave my dogs alone!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd be up for a hooky day during the week at Loveland or A Basin. Weekends are fairly booked with the fam activities but I can see if I can get a hall pass with enough notice. I'll snowboard anything except long black bumps so Pali is out for me!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:01:36 AM EDT
[#15]
tagscribed
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd be in for a weekday trip
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've still never been.

I'm down for that
I probably can't swing skiing this year
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
... We can drink beer on the beach.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... We can drink beer on the beach.  
A-Basin is a "real" ski area w/out the metro-fluff and always a great option!  

Hell, andrasik "reclaiming CO" stories alone would be worth the time...

For those not aware, don't blow off Slopes-2-Shores kind offer... Beyond helping a bit w/ price, he knows the Basin inside/out,  where all the bodies are buried, not to mention he's a truly great man.

B2

Barring that, if you can find somebody w/ a "Gems Card," areas like A-Basin, Loveland, Monarch, etc. are all BOGO Free this year if you partner up... Pretty awesome 'local's' skiing at pretty decent rates.  (Yep, I have one... If nothing else, it supports the some classic places.)

I'm old/fat/UNSAT, but would be great to meet some more folks... Met and skied w/ Slopes-2-Shores a couple of seasons ago and beyond being a superbly good guy; he's an awesome skier and you'd best bring your A-Game if you want to keep up!

(FWIW, I think "Shell" is doing their BOGO offer again too... Not too sure as I've been chasing grandkids. )

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Definitely not ignoring Slopes offer. I am coming from Montrose and don't have a pass, so I will gladly accept an offer too lighten the load that weekend. Between his offer and the majority seeming to have A - basin passes, I think that is the mountain we hit. I'm about to hit the road for the day, but I will update the OP and add a poll for dates later today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm down for A Basin
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in. I'd rather do weekday though due to crowds.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a lot of snowboarders! Damn hippies on your newfangled surfboards hogging up the mountain!

J/k!   I am a huge A-Basin fan.  I don't have a pass, but I should be able to meet up there for a date in March.  I was thinking I would attach my "Free Colorado" flag to my backpack so you guys can spot me coming down the Mtn?  

Also, I would take any pass $ reduction costs possible!  

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in.  As I said above, never done it before, but I figure there's a bar if I'm that bad at it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Definitely not ignoring Slopes offer. I am coming from Montrose and don't have a pass, so I will gladly accept an offer too lighten the load that weekend. Between his offer and the majority seeming to have A - basin passes, I think that is the mountain we hit. I'm about to hit the road for the day, but I will update the OP and add a poll for dates later today or tomorrow.
View Quote

Good grief, 'we' need to eventually get "S-T-Shores" down to Crusty Butt!  

Sigh, I had no idea you're a knuckle-dragger...

I'll help w/ GEMS card for the first two Team Members confirmed, or however I can if this comes about... As usual in HTF, I suspect there will be more talk than walk.  I do think the "Shell Deal" is on again too...

B2

If we can get andrasik, I'd love to hear some insider intel on the recall battle and what's going forward.  I'll volunteer to pay for rental/lessons and if he decides it sucks, he should never pay for one beer/beverage... Yeah, he was THAT INVOLVED  in making CO history!

(For anybody else reading CO HTF... Loveland is also quite a great old-school ski area too that's about the 8th largest in spite of what you see from I-70... )

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:10:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
  Good grief, 'we' need to eventually get "S-T-Shores" down to Crusty Butt!  

Sigh, I had no idea you're a knuckle-dragger...

I'll help w/ GEMS card for the first two Team Members confirmed, or however I can if this comes about... As usual in HTF, I suspect there will be more talk than walk.  I do think the "Shell Deal" is on again too...

View Quote

I'll be there. We definitely need to have a crusty butt ski day! I love that mountain. I am at the coffee shop grabbing breakfast but will update the OP this morning.

Thanks for the stick, Dave!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I hope you guys have a great time. Again my schedule is to packed with stuff.  

I really would like to meet you guys and see good friends again too. Any chance for pictures?

Since the "recent events" life has slowed down, but not much. Starting C2AA  is a slow slog, but we are working for the long hall.

Have a great time. Someone have fun for me and please feed Andrasik.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a few days at CB with my Loveland season pass, so I'd be up for that too
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I really would like to meet you guys and see good friends again too. Any chance for pictures?

Since the "recent events" life has slowed down, but not much. Starting C2AA  is a slow slog, but we are working for the long hall.

View Quote

I'll wear my GoPro to document my abject failure at snowboarding.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll wear mine too, to get an alternate angle.... and in case yours ummmmmm.... fails.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I clicked "either" on the poll.

I'll make it down to CB at some point. My normal ski / play days are Mon. & Tue. and that doesn't work with most other people's schedule.  I haven't been there for a long time though and it would be nice to go back. I have some friends there I haven't seen for quite a while too.

With schedules in mind, the sooner a date or weekend is decided the better for my work request purposes. If everyone is planning a Sat. AND Sun. ski weekend I'm likely only to be able to have one of the two days free for the whole day. But no worries for those that may need a deal on ticket - I can still do that even if I can't ski a full day, I'll be there anyway working.

I'll keep checking in here.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#32]
March 15-16 is gonna be better for me.  I'm getting ready to schedule my cyborg laser eye surgery for the 6th.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

March 15-16 is gonna be better for me.  I'm getting ready to schedule my cyborg laser eye surgery for the 6th.
View Quote
I'll talk faucet face into being your seeing eye dog.

Really I'll try to come and just see some of you folks. My wife will ski.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll give it until Monday to see if anyone else votes (I have a feeling everyone interested in this has voted), and then declare the date to give us about a month's time to plan.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Have fun guys but I just don't ski on weekends around here.  I'd rather stand in line at Costco than stand in line for a chairlift.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Have fun guys but I just don't ski on weekends around here.  I'd rather stand in line at Costco than stand in line for a chairlift.  
View Quote

I once had to stand in line with a whole 5 people at A Basin. Where do you normally see lines?
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#37]
If on a Saturday, there will be lines.

Sunday afternoons are one of my favorite times to ski the Basin. The crowd thins and skiing lasts only long enough to get to Happy Hour and I cab visit with my friends with kids.

Weekend warriors are gonna face longer waits than weekdays every time.

But if it's a day for a Social and some Skiing it's not about spinning lap after lap. We ski on Wednesdays for that .

It's a day that could be fun for anyone - skiing or not.

Cheers!

-JC

ETA: Sunday 2/9. Snowing, and snowing, and snowing, has been for days. It's supposed to continue too. The Basin is having and headed for an outstanding and long season.

Now, if you'll excuse me please, I have to go make some turns now !!
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#38]
I updated the OP. My plan will likely be to ride Saturday and Sunday, but we can make one day the official ski day if that makes things easier for people.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I updated the OP. My plan will likely be to ride Saturday and Sunday, but we can make one day the official ski day if that makes things easier for people.
View Quote

It would be great if we could make Saturday the official day, only because I usually have Sunday morning obligations.  It would be great to meet some of you rapscallions.

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It would be great if we could make Saturday the official day, only because I usually have Sunday morning obligations.  It would be great to meet some of you rapscallions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work on Sundays, so that would be best for me as well.

And you guys would get to laugh at me as I flail around on a snowboard.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#41]
OK.  
March 8 & 9. Got it.

On a Saturday I'm likely to be only able to join the group in the afternoon & have to work in the morning. Sundays are much easier and I can usually swing a whole day off with planning. No matter -  either way, I'll be at The Basin both days.

As far as getting discounted lift tickets: No problem. The discount is substantial.

** But I would like to have any / all of the people interested to IM / Email me through the site. Contact me for prices or any info. **

I would prefer to buy all of the discounted tickets all at once instead of one at a time. I can manage cash or card transactions.
Hooking up the discount is 100% legit, nothing shady at all. I just don't want people coming in one at a time and having my co-workers track me down etc. I just would like any ticket purchases to be prearranged and organized.

I could also leave a vehicle on "The Beach" very early in the morning before general access to secure a spot.

Keep me posted please.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks, Slopes! Saturday it is! I will likely ride Sunday, especially if a couple other people want to.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Allrighty now!

I've been contacted now about tickets.

I'd like to encourage anyone that wants a good deal on a day ticket to contact me in advance please through here please.

Thanks.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks, Slopes! Anyone want to put a only slightly weird arfcommer up on the 7th and 8th? A floor area for my sleeping bag works!
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm going to have to play this by ear now... you might have seen my surgery thread
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Saw it on facebook this morning. Just read the thread. Heal up quick!
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Sister can watch our kids on Saturday. We will will come in the afternoon. My wife will ski. We have a ticket hook also. You probably know him JC
I will hang on the beach if you can leave a vehicle. I have a grill to bring and would provide food for all you athletes.

Yah meet and ski!!!

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thanks, Slopes! Anyone want to put a only slightly weird arfcommer up on the 7th and 8th? A floor area for my sleeping bag works!
View Quote

I've got a spot in Golden for ya.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sweet, thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet, thanks!

No worries amigo I'm in Vegas on my honeymoon right now but ill shoot you my contact info when I get back to town.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top