Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sigh

View Quote

That is borderline brandishing.  If I saw someone coming through a doorway like that, I'd be taking cover and likely drawing my own weapon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I see no reference to the Senate Bill that was passed.  Anyone have the number.  I would like to read it.

Was an actual Senate Bill passed?  If not this is a Rule change, not a law.

Has it gone to the House of Representatives?  If not this is a Rule change, not a law.

When did the Governor sign it?  If not it is a Rule change, not a law.

Did it have the Emergency Clause?  If no Emergency Clause then this law goes into effect 90 days after the end of the regular session.

Is there a weapons check area?  There is an umbrella check area.  How is the transfer handled at the check point?

Is this merely a Rule change?

IIRC State Law pre-empts all firearms laws, and if this is a Rule change, then the Senate is in violation of the RCWs and a lawsuit might be able to be filed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Just like the homos didn't get anywhere with the in your face tactics and only started making headway once they stopped the outrageous public dispays, the same goes for gun right advocates.  Looking and acting like retards is only going to hurt the cause.  Too bad these attention whores don't get it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
this is what derp looks like. gavin seim and the patrick henry society.

smokers won't get smoking rights back by taking a big toke and blowing a huge cloud directly in people's faces. why would gun rights be any different?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
No shit. Idiots. You don't walk in to a government building at low ready to make a point.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I see no reference to the Senate Bill that was passed.  Anyone have the number.  I would like to read it.

Was an actual Senate Bill passed?  If not this is a Rule change, not a law.

Has it gone to the House of Representatives?  If not this is a Rule change, not a law.

When did the Governor sign it?  If not it is a Rule change, not a law.

Did it have the Emergency Clause?  If no Emergency Clause then this law goes into effect 90 days after the end of the regular session.

Is there a weapons check area?  There is an umbrella check area.  How is the transfer handled at the check point?

Is this merely a Rule change?

IIRC State Law pre-empts all firearms laws, and if this is a Rule change, then the Senate is in violation of the RCWs and a lawsuit might be able to be filed.
View Quote

I think there's better things to pursue (I-594) than to align oneself with the tards pictured above. I see little reason to have to walk into the viewing area with a rifle. To sell a gun privately effects far more people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just like the homos didn't get anywhere with the in your face tactics and only started making headway once they stopped the outrageous public dispays, the same goes for gun right advocates.  Looking and acting like retards is only going to hurt the cause.  Too bad these attention whores don't get it.
View Quote

This. Too many fu**ing mouth breathing attention whores.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
this is what derp looks like. gavin seim and the patrick henry society.

smokers won't get smoking rights back by taking a big toke and blowing a huge cloud directly in people's faces. why would gun rights be any different?
View Quote

I didn't even know these people existed before.

Here.s how they see Olympia... link
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Trench coat mafia wannabe's trying to make a "point"

Mouth breathing hillbillies
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I left a comment (probably won't be approved) about the young girl's brother wearing the retarded gas mask, then I read the post more closely and I realized... The guy wearing the gas mask seems to be her father.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess you're right. Bane is too young to be her dad.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That is borderline brandishing.  If I saw someone coming through a doorway like that, I'd be taking cover and likely drawing my own weapon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agree.  This is idiocy.   It's no longer open carrying.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I asked my state rep (R) in person about this change, it is not even a rule change per say, it is an interpretation of the existing rule that prevents political demonstrations in the viewing area.  And I personally agree with the very limited and specific decision.  I don't think you should use physical possession of firearms in the face of the legislature as a 'political tool', it comes across as threatening.

My rep said they had several civilians brandishing (both kinds occurred: holding long guns in their hands rather than slung, and placing their hand on the grip of holstered pistols) while talking with reps. He also said the security guards there (while many retired WSP) aren't police and so couldn't arrest for brandishing.  He'd have preferred if those few poorly mannered people had been arrested and caused us to police ourselves rather than have everyone effected by the few bad actors.

I get it that nobody was hurt, and the 2nd amendment is super important to me, but given the asshattery of a couple people I also understand the other side of the perspective, and as long as you can still conceal carry there I don't have any beef with it.  In fact, I bet if you openly carried in a non-political way after some time has passed you might get away with it without anyone noticing (my thoughts, not the rep).  

Kind of funny I expected the rally last month to cause more of a stir. .
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#17]
their intent was to deliberately disrupt and derail this rally. these individuals have a bone to pick with the SAF.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#18]
It is really a shame that people would act like this.

How can gun-owners be portrayed in a responsible light when these types on infantile cries for attention occur?

This is the definition of "cutting off the nose to spite the face".
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
their intent was to deliberately disrupt and derail this rally. these individuals have a bone to pick with the SAF.
View Quote

This is my feeling as well
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#20]
F'ing upriver inbred no good for nothing.

And we wonder why guns laws get passed!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#21]
These idiots need to read "How to win friends and influence people". This is not how to go about getting you point across about responsible gun ownership.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't think that's her father

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/News%20and%20Events/GunProtest_two_zps27f56ab6.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/News%20and%20Events/GunProtest_eight_zps211c0975.jpg
Washington State Trooper Todd Kerbs, center, declines an offer to examine a gun belonging to Anthony Bosworth, right, of Yakima, Wash.,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I left a comment (probably won't be approved) about the young girl's brother wearing the retarded gas mask, then I read the post more closely and I realized... The guy wearing the gas mask seems to be her father.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/News%20and%20Events/GunProtest_two_zps27f56ab6.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/philinseattle/News%20and%20Events/GunProtest_eight_zps211c0975.jpg
Washington State Trooper Todd Kerbs, center, declines an offer to examine a gun belonging to Anthony Bosworth, right, of Yakima, Wash.,

LOL @ Troopers face
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LOL @ Troopers face
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL @ Troopers face

A new meme for GD!

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:18:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I guess you're right. Bane is too young to be her dad.

View Quote

“Ah you think the rain is your ally? You merely adopted the showers. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see an unclouded sky until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!”
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#25]
They're now planning their own rally for February:
An Open Letter to the Washington State Patrol

Linked via the Gun Rights Coalition Facebook group.

Strange that they seem to feel entitled to disrupt other activists' rallies yet will probably screech for help if arrested...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

No shit. Idiots. You don't walk in to a government building at low ready to make a point.
View Quote

Yep...

Too many ways for that to go badly...

Like a cop (or another citizen gun owner CCWing) going 'Oh shit, active shooter!'

If one is going to open carry, do so *responsibly*... Eg, holstered (pistol) or safely slung so you don't flag anyone (long gun).....

'Shock value' and 'guns' do not go well together... We want people to be LESS scared of guns & gun owners, not MORE.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep...

Like a cop (or another citizen gun owner CCWing) going 'Oh shit, active shooter!'

If one is going to open carry, do so *responsibly*... Eg, holstered (pistol) or safely slung so you don't flag anyone (long gun).....

'Shock value' and 'guns' do not go well together... We want people to be LESS scared of guns & gun owners, not MORE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...

Well said!!

I hope that these individuals realizes that they are doing more damage than good to our gun rights... As for @ss-monkey #1, the guy with the AR pistol and dressing the way he was... With the trench coat, I would have off-lined and move towards a position of advantage since he looks like a person with possible "issues."  I'm sorry, but in today's world, appearances are very important and if you look like a douche, well... There's a good chance that you are.  Sorry, I failed ESP-101 in college, so I don't know what your true intentions are or am I willing to take the chance of being a victim just to make you or a group feel better about yourselves...  I'm retired from two professional gun carrying careers and I'm not a very trusting person after seeing how the real world works.  

Anyway, we need all the average citizens and the "Fudds" to be on our side and see us a average, non-threatening, people as well.  I'm sure the media will use that photo of A/M #1 as their poster boy to push the left's gun control views when the time comes to "shock" the average non-gun owning public to believe that he represents the "true" face of an "average" gun owner.

To be honest, I'm ok with "NO" open-carry within any government building... As well as at places for voting.  I'm very pro-gun and always been that way and will never change.  At one point, I even supported the open-carry issue, but after witnessing several incidents in person AND how the general public responded, I've changed my position...  Especially if CCW's permits are easily issued to law bidding citizens without too much hassle. I'm more than cool with open carry while outside of urban centers or other large population locations.  In the woods/mountains, on a coastal trial that's more than fine, IMHO, but if you are walking around in a busy urban mall or a large shopping store with an AR or AK, that's a different story since there is no need to, IMHO.  I remember one incident in a Walmart where a mother grabbed her two kids and beat feet out of the store after a guy walked in with an AK slung to his chest AND being an ass when asked to leave the store by the management.  What about that mother's rights to feel safe with her kids?  I was born and raised in Seattle and will be moving back to that area within the next 3-4 months. I'm worried that @ss monkeys or another crazy individual(s) will go on a mass shooting spree and turn the common, non-gun owning, folks against gun owners and support further gun restrictions, either locally or nationally.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#28]
If you've read the comments on where these guys hang out, e.g. Sipsey Street Irregulars, you would know that their opinion is literally "fuck everyone I do what I want." No grasp of nuance. Not even chess or checkers, but rock-paper-scissors. Point out that maybe it's not a good idea to show up in gas masks, or looking like a long-haul trucker who just rolled up to the capitol building after a 10-day haul with no shower, and you'll get shouted down as being a traitor and a "sheeple." Total retard crew operating here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If you've read the comments on where these guys hang out, e.g. Sipsey Street Irregulars, you would know that their opinion is literally "fuck everyone I do what I want." No grasp of nuance. Not even chess or checkers, but rock-paper-scissors. Point out that maybe it's not a good idea to show up in gas masks, or looking like a long-haul trucker who just rolled up to the capitol building after a 10-day haul with no shower, and you'll get shouted down as being a traitor and a "sheeple." Total retard crew operating here.
View Quote

Not surprising.

Sounds like most of GD lol
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top