Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2014 3:24:26 PM EDT
591/594 contributor data is available via WA gov Public Disclosure Committee online querying system.

WAGR 594:  http://www.pdc.wa.gov/MvcQuerySystem/CommitteeData/contributions?param=V0FTSEFHIDEwMQ====&year=2014&type=initiative
POGR 591: http://www.pdc.wa.gov/MvcQuerySystem/CommitteeData/contributions?param=UFJPVE9HIDAwNQ====&year=2014&type=initiative

Surprise, surprise - 594 reads like a long list of Seattle neighborhoods sponsoring the initiative with boatloads of money, while 591 is funded by far sparser amounts spread around the entire state.

NOTE: there are a row of buttons at the top of the table columns, one of which is a small Excel icon - you can use this to export the entire list to CSV format for viewing/sorting on your PC in Excel.

Oh and the kicker? I live in a long dirt road out in rural Pierce county. I was picking through the 594 list by ZIP code, and found that one of my neighbors on my road was a donor to WAGR. Nice guy, we have chatted a few times, he walks by my house and at the bottom of my property a lot, but frankly it annoys the shit out of me to know this. Trying to decide if I should talk to him about it the next time I see him. Either he's misinformed about what 594 does, or he's perfectly aware of it and will subsequently write me off as a "gun nut crazy" after probably saying some stuff to my face about being "brainwashed by the NRA and GOP."
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a good thing that I didn't start working at Concur...
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You have to love the double standard on money. The libtards hate big money in elections except if it benefits their agenda or candidate.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Watching this thing unfold is scary. So much deception and bald face lying with total media support. It seems like there is a sheep/drone majority out there that are too lazy to do even a miniscual amount of research or even a Google search to find out what this initiative truly contains. What's really scary is the amount of misinformed pro firearm people I've spoke to that would never go for this shit, that don't have a clue either. A large percentage think this is a pretty reasonable change until I tell them what it really is. It's hard to get them to believe it. The supporters of this have done good job of pulling this fast one off. Watching some of the YouTube vids that are For and Against is scary. We would almost be better off without the ones defending our side. They come off as loons. This event might be a huge step to completing the Californication of the Pacific Northwest. Never thought I'd see it. Damn.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watching this thing unfold is scary. So much deception and bald face lying with total media support. It seems like there is a sheep/drone majority out there that are too lazy to do even a miniscual amount of research or even a Google search to find out what this initiative truly contains. What's really scary is the amount of misinformed pro firearm people I've spoke to that would never go for this shit, that don't have a clue either. A large percentage think this is a pretty reasonable change until I tell them what it really is. It's hard to get them to believe it. The supporters of this have done good job of pulling this fast one off. Watching some of the YouTube vids that are For and Against is scary. We would almost be better off without the ones defending our side. They come off as loons. This event might be a huge step to completing the Californication of the Pacific Northwest. Never thought I'd see it. Damn.
View Quote

Indeed, the local media makes zero effort to give any voice to the naysayers of 594, and simply parrots the talking points of WAGR/MDA that the bill will simply "extend background checks to gun shows and online sales."

It got beyond ridiculous when Seattle Times' editorial board formally endorsed I-594, ending any chance of ever receiving any unbiased coverage of the initiative from the Times.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh and the kicker? I live in a long dirt road out in rural Pierce county. I was picking through the 594 list by ZIP code, and found that one of my neighbors on my road was a donor to WAGR.
View Quote

Go ahead and position your heavy artillery to rain death upon his property when the SHTF.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Indeed, the local media makes zero effort to give any voice to the naysayers of 594, and simply parrots the talking points of WAGR/MDA that the bill will simply "extend background checks to gun shows and online sales."

It got beyond ridiculous when Seattle Times' editorial board formally endorsed I-594, ending any chance of ever receiving any unbiased coverage of the initiative from the Times.
View Quote

I can only imagine. Watching some of the footage I saw huge billboards like something out of a weird Nazi propaganda campaign of the future. I think I can hear Bill gates and his cronies clinking wine glasses.

I live at the southern edge of south central WA so my news is out of Portland OR. They have mentioned virtually nothing about this of course.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was like that with I-676 too, for what it's worth....  keep fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]

From 1997...
Apparently history repeats itself. Look at the donor list.
http://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Handgun_Trigger_Locks,_Initiative_676_(1997)
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It was like that with I-676 too, for what it's worth....  keep fighting the good fight.
View Quote

I still have a no on 676 sticker on my safe
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#11]
how about voter education / donation fundraisers at some local gun ranges? god only knows how many "gun guys" think 594 is a great thing and just need some basic education.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#12]
That donor list is scary, I thought 591 would have a lot more support. Wasn't that hard to just scroll through without any filters and find me in there and I didn't donate THAT much :(.

ETA: Playing with employer filters like Microsoft, Costco, and Boeing tells another picture which is equally as scary imho.

676 donations vs 7134 donations not taking in to account dollar amounts...
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
$0 from the NRA.

still feeling good about all those NRA memberships?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
$0 from the NRA.

View Quote

They are giving me signs to put up I'm the tricities next week and I got some stickers from the Yakima rep. If you want some let me know for those out east.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Our NRA rep was at the Pasco gun show and had fliers, stickers, and is bringing signs to us next week against 594. I did ask what monies they are putting towards this. Here is his response...The NRA-ILA is spending
a lot of money in ads in the liberal West side in King, Pierce and Snohomish counties which is where they figure most of the
votes FOR I-594 will be cast and they are probably correct. However we both
know not everyone on the East side can be counted either. I have spoken to
several individuals who had no idea what was really in I-594 until I showed
them. Talk to everyone you can be sure they are registered voters and will
vote tell them to not stay home. All too many east side residents think
their vote won't count anyway even if they do vote because we'll get out
voted no mater what.

I can attest that even a lot gun owners don't know what is in this. have to get the word out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#17]
What ads? I live in the greater Seattle area and have seen zilch for anti-594 or pro-591 ads. Heard the pro-591 ad on radio, once.

Meanwhile, the WAGR 594 ad plays on nearly every other commercial break on Q13.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I can only pass on what I was told by the rep.  Haven't had TV for 5yrs. He did give me stickers and signs to put up though. That I can say. I am sure there is a local rep on the west side. They should be on this forum to help.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:36:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
$0 from the NRA.

View Quote

There is a BIG  billboard on 522 by Paradise Lake RD that is ANTI 594...with NRA in the bottom right corner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top