Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:11:47 PM EDT
Linky

I'm pretty much of the mindset that MOST people are entitled to their own opinions, but boo-boo is more of a trolling pin in the ass than anyone I've seen on here...someone ought to ask him about body armor & a loaded AR-15 in his trunk
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
So, who is boo boo? I know who jarhead is.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I should go in and say hi.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So, who is boo boo? I know who jarhead is.

an opinionated antigun troll who's opinion is nearly always wrong, when proven wrong he stands by his error to stir crap. I have yet to see him answer a persons question with the correct answer but at the same time I usually just scroll past the B.S. he has posted as it has repeatedly proven to not be worth the time of reading... just my opinion

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
not a man of many words, are ya, phil?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

He seems a little frisky.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
interesting...frisky is a name i haven't seen for a long time..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#9]
boo boo posts on the news forums quite a bit, same picture too. He's a troll over there also.

Since they opened the store I don't think Dan and Mary have had anykind of a vacation does anybody know if that is why they hired help?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, jarhead was there for a while. Have yet to meet the new guy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:59:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd be interested in hearing the other side of the story.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:05:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I met him last weekend.  Didn't seem all that abrupt or anything.  Dan was there though so not sure if that made any diff.  He was actually laughing at my lame ass jokes so he seems OK to me.  

eta, maybe he was laughing AT me, not with me
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Why would somebody ask a question like that?

i'm confused
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Kicked out of a gun shop for asking that question––doubtful. The straw that broke the camels back –– probable.

I wished I hadn't opened that thread. FF was there damn.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I love Mary's.  They have my business for the foreseeable future.

Can we start a "Boycott Wade's" thread on that other site?  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#17]
There are way to many fucktard gun owners out there.. just work the dealer side of a gunshow table for a day and you'll see it
I gained a whole lot more respect for dealers after that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#18]
The OP sounds like a tool.  Had an FFL for years, never had that question asked at all.  There is no reason to ask that question.  ("Are you on the FFL?")

Most likely Mary's Pistol's is an LLC, or a corporation of some sort, but none-the-less, the business is a separate entity that owns the FFL license, not the individuals.

Much ado about nothing.  Move along.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#19]
The only people required to be on an FFL are "responsible" parties. Responsible was further defined as persons who direct the course of the business or it's policies.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh, I thought Mary's Pistols was actually in trouble, and was getting ready to spend a lot of money on their behalf.

Nope, back to responsible personal financial decisions.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I think I've seen the new guy in there. Didn't make an impression on me one way or the other.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I just hate when people call for boycotts of everything... Boycott Walmart, Boycot China, Blah Blah Blah...

If you feel you have been slighted then you can inform people of what happened and not spend money there yourself, but let other people decide for themselves.

Edit. This was entertaining for me because I am starting to recognize names on both forums, of which I have been a member for a while and never really put together...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the update Mary.  Looks like the WAHTF has come to your rescue over there.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks for the update Mary.  Looks like the WAHTF has come to your rescue over there.

what update?  did I miss something?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#25]
She said that only the responsible parties need to be on the FFL, not employees.  Are Big 5 employees on the FFL?  No.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#26]
All is well on page two!  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nobody expects the Spanish WAHTF inquisition....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just hate when people call for boycotts of everything... Boycott Walmart, Boycot China, Blah Blah Blah...

If you feel you have been slighted then you can inform people of what happened and not spend money there yourself, but let other people decide for themselves.

Edit. This was entertaining for me because I am starting to recognize names on both forums, of which I have been a member for a while and never really put together...

Boycott boycotters?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I met him last weekend.  Didn't seem all that abrupt or anything.  Dan was there though so not sure if that made any diff.  He was actually laughing at my lame ass jokes so he seems OK to me.  

I think he was laughing WITH me, AT you.

He seemed decent to me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was laughing WITH me, AT you.

He seemed decent to me.

The only people laughed at are the ones that answer 'yes' to the felony questions on the federal forms.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The only people required to be on an FFL are "responsible" parties. Responsible was further defined as persons who direct the course of the business or it's policies.

Exactly, though there are people that think otherwise.  Sirpuma there apparently thinks that way too.  I guess they think that Wal-Mart and Big-5 have a few thousand clerks on their FFLs as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, though there are people that think otherwise.  Sirpuma there apparently thinks that way too.  I guess they think that Wal-Mart and Big-5 have a few thousand clerks on their FFLs as well.

Yeah, if you have ever bought a firearm at those places you KNOW they don't know shit and couldn't get a FFL anyway.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Hi gang. I'm the now famous... or maybe it's infamous(?) “Andrew”.
Here's a little about me:
I like long walks on the beach. Preferably with lots of alcohol and a female eastern European swimsuit model.
I like dogs. I own an extremely hyper black lab who likes to hunt down ducks.
I like steak. The rarer the better.
I like baseball and I hate the Yankees.
I like Guinness and Bass Ale.
I like tragic comedies like the entire “Saw” movie series and I giggle at anything by Rob Zombie.
I enjoyed the rather serious documentary on drinking and drug use called “The Hangover”.
My favorite movie is “Sleeping Beauty”. Where else can you watch three faeries and a a guy in green tights slay a dragon with a straight face? Thank you, Walt Disney.
I like “Sons of Anarchy” on FX.
My political heroes are Cobra Commander and..... ummm well, Cobra Commander...  
So... now you all know a little about me. I wonder if I'll still be a “rude ass” now...
If so.... meh, I've been called a lot worse.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I like long walks on the beach. Preferably with lots of alcohol and a female eastern European swimsuit model.
I like tragic comedies like the entire “Saw” movie series and I giggle at anything by Rob Zombie.
I enjoyed the rather serious documentary on drinking and drug use called “The Hangover”.
My favorite movie is “Sleeping Beauty”. Where else can you watch three faeries and a a guy in green tights slay a dragon with a straight face? Thank you, Walt Disney.
So... now you all know a little about me. I wonder if I'll still be a “rude ass” now...

he seems alright to me...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I dunno, smells kinda like a Fed.

When you wake up, does your hand smell like fed?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#38]

They always forget the daiquiris.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, if you have ever bought a firearm at those places you KNOW they don't know shit and couldn't get a FFL anyway.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit.

HE FORGOT THE DAMN BEER!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bullshit.

HE FORGOT THE DAMN BEER!

Plus ein.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are too school for school.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#43]
So Andrew,

Do you like gladiator movies?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I for one am suspicious.

He spelled "faeries" much too well....

And correctly used the phrase "meh" on his first time out...

Someone (A WAHTF) wrote that for him....  

But then again, I don't give a rat's rear-entry.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#45]
my god, WTF? dude(OP) is clueless and has some issues it would seem.

I (and the Mrs) are working at LEED, more than happy to piss someone off, send him my way :D

never read so much missinformation........I sell guns, I dont have a FFL, dont need one, Laura and Doug does(and class 3), our shop in OR, is Luara FFL but Matt is the resonsdible party.

only gun store that was truely rude to me was Sportco, I was denied, explained the deal, was my CPL, etc ..called me names etc. 2 week latter I had a little certificate from Nics telling SPORTCO to sell me the gun, SC said I made it up......I told em to call NICs, they did.....and guess what PROCEED.......well I told them to stick it up where the sun dont shine............will never buy a gun there again....and 100's latter I was true to my word. I had been shoping at Sportco since 1991
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are too school for school.....

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks like the truth is finally coming out...seems like jarhead is a disgruntled employee, and judging from his comments & some of the statement he's made, I'm willing to bet that the supposed threatening phone call he got was more along the lines of, "Keep up trying to smear our name & you'll end up in court for defamation".....the longer that thread goes, the more I'm disinclined to believe anything the OP says
J
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#48]
double tap
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#49]
ah...that makes since and suspect I met him.

Hey I work at LEED, but love Marys bought a few very nice S&W from them, no one needs this crap from what I know of Dan and Mary they are just plain ole good folks.

Quoted:
Looks like the truth is finally coming out...seems like jarhead is a disgruntled employee, and judging from his comments & some of the statement he's made, I'm willing to bet that the supposed threatening phone call he got was more along the lines of, "Keep up trying to smear our name & you'll end up in court for defamation".....the longer that thread goes, the more I'm disinclined to believe anything the OP says
J

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Wow!  Where did this come from?  I have bought several handguns, one shotgun, and one rifle at Mary’s, and you want to call for a boycott based on one side of an encounter about which you’ve been completely ambiguous?  Then, because they don’t fire him just for you, you want to trash talk them?  Seriously?  

I’ve read all your posts and I still don’t know what happened.  So, what happened?  What really happened?  I’ve been to Mary’s several times just to shoot the shit, and I’ve always found Andrew to be friendly and engaging.  I think there must be far more to this story than you’re letting on, and possibly some responsibility you’ve not accepted.  

Selling guns is their bread and butter, it’s how they make their house payments and put gas in their car.  If Andrew was the person you’re making him out to be, they would never let him stay…..unless….there's more to this.  Andrew threw you out “just because [you] asked a question?”  

If I were to believe he threw you out just because you asked “a question” (meaning one question), then I would have to believe he was completely insane, and if he were completely insane, Dan would have fired him, unless Dan was also completely insane, and if Dan were completely insane, the so must Mary as well.  So we have, based on the logical extension of your call for a boycott, a gun shop in Tacoma owned and staffed by insane people who need to be locked up at western state?  I think I’d have to be insane to believe any of this!

If you aren’t happy then don’t go there!  Calling for a boycott and trying to damage their business is unbelievably rude.  I have always been pleased with both the people and business practices at Mary’s Pistols.  There’s a reason I keep going back there!  When I wanted a Glock 20SF, I didn’t go to Mary’s because I thought I could get a better deal from one of the Glock authorized sellers that are allowed to sell at ‘First Responder’ prices.  I went to Federal Way Guns because they are one of those dealers.  They wouldn’t sell it to me because they claimed the deal didn’t apply to retired military members, only active duty military members.  I left there, went to Mary’s, and Mary cut me a deal so close to the First Responder pricing that the difference was negligible, so I bought it.  Federal Way Guns was wrong by the way, the deal is available to retired military.  (I mentioned it to the owner there and he was angry his employees didn’t know this and had lost a sure sale, but not so angry he wanted to make it up to me in any way.)  Do I need to mention the RFB I just bought there for $1250 when other dealers are marking them at the MSRP of $1800 (or more), and getting that price?  

If you don’t want to patronize Mary’s based on an incident about which you haven’t revealed any details, so be it.  The rest of us will continue to shop there and get great guns at great prices.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top