User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahhh, new twist.
Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit, those are the places that I make sure and pack my XD. Now I can't protect myself and my family from the whacko's and gang bangers!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#3]
GO TO THIS WEBSITE AND TELL THEM NO!!

http://www.seattle.gov/firearmsrule/
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, at least they're openly breaking the law instead of doing it behind closed doors like most politicians.  I guess that's a step in the right direction.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Hasn't the AG already said this is a big no-no already?

Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in that man's giant melon of a head! All this is going to do is cost the city money it doesn't have in lawsuits and lawyer's fees.

Colossal waste of the tax payers money.

What a douchebag!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
One good thing here is that Greg Nickels is a lame duck.

Equally bad, is that Greg Nickels is a lame duck.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hasn't the AG already said this is a big no-no already?

Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in that man's giant melon of a head! All this is going to do is cost the city money it doesn't have in lawsuits and lawyer's fees.

Colossal waste of the tax payers money.

What a douchebag!

Yes, the AG has in fact weighed in on this, saying it violates state preemption.

No surprise that the bloated piece of shit is still pushing it though.  He's holding true to the tradition of the libtard.

He's right in doing this, though.  I mean, rules and laws prevent crime, right?  NO GUNS HERE and the bad guys will absolutely leave the guns behind, right?  Rules and laws work, because there are laws against all forms of crime, and you see we don't...........have................any crimes.................oh, shit...............wait......................

I wonder, do the libtards NOT realize that there are these people, we'll call 'em "bad guys"................that actually do not care what rules or laws are on the books, anywhere?

Amazing how hard it is for them to grasp such a simple, logical concept.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
It's the same old law to protect a criminals ability to conduct criminal activity while being protected from concerned citizens that are handicapped by the laws, that are put in place to protect them.
Anti gun laws only protect criminals!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm proposing an open-carry gathering and barbecue this Sunday in defiance of this, at City Hall Park.  $10 says the bums and scum clear out of that place at light speed.

Check the thread in GD: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=929463
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
McGinn is for this policy as well.  I can't wait for his election, so the city can finally go full retard.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck it, yet him pass it..... I feel like becoming a millionaire!!!

Parks personnel will ask individuals with guns to leave these areas, according to a press release. Those who refuse may be subject to citation or arrest.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I might be wrong here but wasn't there someone else that beat him in the recent primary? I mean he was still one of the top 2 but did not come up as the top person.  By a bit of a margin at that if I recall correctly.

Why do these idiots think that they should go for the hail mary just in case they don't get reelected?  What's the point?   OH!  I forgot, he with the large ego doesn't think they will lose reelection.  How could that possibly happen?

Business as usual in libtard land.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]
yeah he is even getting ousted by the libtards
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I try to avoid Seattle at all cost, but if Nickles thinks his stupid little decision will stop me from carrying where he says I can't, he is sadly mistaken.  The AG already said his previous attempt was unlawful so I fail to see how this is legal.  Even if they decided this proposal is legal, I carry concealed, so the only way they will know I am carrying is when the cops arrive after a justified self defense shooting.  I would rather take my chances in court than be dead.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Fuck the media
Fuck Seattle
Fuck Mayor McCheese
And... as always, Fuck Obama!

1) The mayor is on his way out.  He was 3rd in the Primary, which baring some miracle write in campaign, He's OUT.  GONE. SEE YA douchebag.
2) The AG already slapped his (Dickles) well, Dickle. For the second time, McBastard, you can't do it...
3) I REALLY love how King5 reported "Last year a person shot 3 people at Folklife", they fail to fill in a lot of the story there was a fight for the gun as well as what started it, which was never really clear.  From what I remember, a CCW holder (who had previous mental issues) had his carry piece spotted, and the spotter decided to attempt to disarm the holder.  I'm SHOCKED they didn't try to claim it was an AK or a machine gun!  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Absolutely C&7.  It's fucked all the way around.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuck the media
Fuck Seattle
Fuck Mayor McCheese
And... as always, Fuck Obama!

1) The mayor is on his way out.  He was 3rd in the Primary, which baring some miracle write in campaign, He's OUT.  GONE. SEE YA douchebag.
2) The AG already slapped his (Dickles) well, Dickle. For the second time, McBastard, you can't do it...
3) I REALLY love how King5 reported "Last year a person shot 3 people at Folklife", they fail to fill in a lot of the story there was a fight for the gun as well as what started it, which was never really clear.  From what I remember, a CCW holder (who had previous mental issues) had his carry piece spotted, and the spotter decided to attempt to disarm the holder.  I'm SHOCKED they didn't try to claim it was an AK or a machine gun!  

Tell em brother! Those guys need to pull their heads out of their asses and be real.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#19]
doesnt the fucktard even read the news in Seattle? what a freaking waste of air

spent a good part of the week walking around Swedish Hospital(which has no anti gun policy, but blocks all the good stuff on Wifi) area......nice durning the day....bit different at night.

I think its time for us to just force(in some maner) all(there may be a few good seeds) these morons out of office FOREVER, dont care where they slither off to......but dont let em even take out of the garage on a Gov salery EVER! put em all on an island.....let em figure it out
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Apparently candidate Mike McGinn stated in a meeting on Saturday that he fully supports the ban.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#21]
hey guys, give him a call...
GREG NICKELS
Mayor of Seattle
(206) 684-4000

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Apparently candidate Mike McGinn stated in a meeting on Saturday that he fully supports the ban.

...and the other guy also wants to get in on the action.
That makes 3.
Every one of 'em, including the lame duck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#23]
You know... I applaude Mayor Nickles... in the sense that yeah, he's an idiot and he his fighting to take away our rights.... BUT, amidst having full well knowledge that what he is attempting to do is illegal, he still pushes and tries to make the way he thinks things should be into the minds of the citizens that don't know any different. I feel that if each of us pushed as hard as this guy is trying that we would have a common realization of our rights amongst the general population.
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/8/2009 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for the update Phil.
Gotta love these comments:
Out of 1,098 comments, including the ten telephone calls, only 44 people supported the gun ban idea.

The public comment is not a vote to decide whether we are or aren’t going to do it.” – Bob Scales, senior policy analyst, Office for Policy and Management

Looks like Bob might start looking for another job himself. What a dickweed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Read the feedback on www.komotv.com, very interesting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#29]
from the komo comments
SCREW YOU, HALF-DIME.

That's hilarious!

this link goes right to the comments:
http://www.komonews.com/news/64301302.html#idc-container
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been emailing back and forth with Dave Workman at the Second Amendment Foundation as I was willing to participate in an act of civil disobedience if needed but wanted to check with them first so as not to mess up anything they had in the works.

Mr. Workman assured me that the SAF is working with NRA-ILA and that they have a plan in place. He asked that no one take individual action and said that the best thing any of us can do to help with the fight is to make a donation to the SAF.

All donations are tax deductible.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm really surprised there is not more pro ban comments beings how it's in Seattle.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#35]
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/archives/182494.asp

Will gun ban debate backfire on McGinn?
The flashpoint in Seattle's mayoral race has switched from the Alaskan Way Viaduct tunnel replacement to Mayor Nickels' new gun ban on municipal property.

At Sunday night's KIRO-TV debate candidates Joe Mallahan and Mike McGinn clashed over robocalls McGinn's campaign is placing that accuse Mallahan of "siding with the NRA" because he doesn't fully support the gun ban.

Not surprisingly, Mallahan objected to McGinn's tactics. The Seattle Times reported on this debate exchange:

"Mike and his campaign chose to conduct a lie campaign," said Mallahan, adding that his wife received one of the calls. "Mike, the Seattle voters deserve an apology. I deserve an apology."

When asked if he would defend in court the ban enacted by Mayor Greg Nickels, Mallahan said he may not, because it is "not a pragmatic way of addressing public-safety concerns."

"I don't owe an apology, because we told the public that Mr. Mallahan did not support the gun ban, and you heard that right now, here, he doesn't," McGinn said.

Just as defeated incumbent Greg Nickels' last-minute attacks against Mallahan and McGinn helped boost their candidacies late in the primary, McGinn's gun robo calls could backfire on him.

First off, nobody likes getting robocalls. Then there's the substance. Mallahan, the T-Mobile vice president, has labored to come off as the level headed pragmatist to McGinn's dreamy idealist. In uncertain times, Mallahan is hoping Seattle voters will opt for a pragmatist.

Nickels' gun ban - which consists of signs posted on city property informing people of the weapons prohibition - will be challenged in court and the city will almost certainly lose. State Attorney General Rob McKenna says it is illegal - cities lack the authority to ban guns because local laws would conflict with state regulations.

It will cost real money for the city to defend the ban.

In his 2008 report, City Attorney Tom Carr said civil division attorneys provided more than 84,000 hours of legal service to the city, costing about $5.8 million. Carr said that worked out to be about $70 per hour - not bad at all for legal fees. But even at $70 an hour defending the gun ban will take money away from other areas at a time Seattle is facing a $72 million operating budget.

Mallahan would argue that $70 an hour could be better spent elsewhere. We'll see how many Seattle voters agree with him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#38]
I know one of the DOC employees.

Many in the GOBC do too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#39]
so it's just a rule, not an ordinance.  So that means the worst they can do is ask you to leave and give tresspass notice?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#41]
I hate that son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Ray Carter is gay. He's a founder of the Seattle Chapter of Pink Pistols. He carries a .380 because he says gays are targets and police can't prevent that.

"They can show up in time to write the report and mop up the blood and maybe find out who did it," Carter said. "As a potential victim that doesn't do me a lot of good."

I like his quote. To the point without being disparaging.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Does anyone know if Woodland Park has their sign posted yet?
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if Woodland Park has their sign posted yet?

I don't know but it is probably the only reason, other than work I would go inside the city limits. If I do go I will carry though.

ETA: Or the Pikes place market with visitors.
Link Posted: 11/13/2009 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#45]
as former resident of your state I wanted to participate.

Kent man to challenge Seattle gun ban

By SCOTT SUNDE

SEATTLEPI.COM

A Kent man has announced that he intends to carry a pistol into a West Seattle community center on Saturday to trigger a lawsuit challenging Seattle's ban on guns in public spaces.

Bob Warden, 44, announced his intentions in an e-mail Friday morning to media as well as to the City of Seattle, including the police and city attorney.

"As a courtesy, this is advance notice that at noon tomorrow, Saturday, November 14, I plan to exercise my legal right to bear arms in Seattle's Southwest Community Center, 2801 SW Thistle Street," Warden said in his e-mail. "I will be safely and securely carrying my holstered Glock pistol. I have a current valid State of Washington License to Carry Concealed."

He also described the Tacoma Rainiers baseball cap he will be wearing so that he can be spotted.

Seattle parks officials have not yet responded to a request for comment.

"I'm not looking for any trouble," Warden said in an interview. He said he will comply with whatever instructions police or parks officials give him.

But whether he is turned away or cited for trespassing, Warden said the incident should give him standing to sue to challenge the ban.

Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels said on Oct. 14 that guns would be banned on such city facilities as parks and community centers where children gather. Signs banning guns have been posted at city parks.

Late last month, gun-rights advocates sued, saying the ban violates state law.

But Warden, a licensed attorney in the state, says he worries that the earlier lawsuit may be thrown out because those who filed it lack legal standing.

Warden said he does not actively practice law. He said he works in labor relations for the federal government but would not describe his job further.

He said he is taking the action because he believes the ban is illegal. He noted that the state Attorney General's Office has said so.

"They know full well it's illegal, but they went ahead and did it anyway," Warden said.

Warden described himself as a political independent, but a man who has probably voted for only two Republicans in his life.

He said he is not a member of the National Rifle Association, but was certified by that organization as a pistol instructor. He said he uses the certification in his volunteer work with the Boy Scouts.

Link Posted: 12/16/2009 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top