Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2004 1:04:32 PM EDT
Stopped by the wallyworld in renton to pick up our buddy A4MH in Florida a little somthing and that place was a freaking zoo!  Talk about stuffing a bunch of low lifes in one spot.  I felt dirty when I left.  Screaming kids, big fat mommas runing their carts into things, disorderlyness, very little english spoken and just a general feeling of being in the worlds anal cavity.

I used to like being with the public to watch the strange things people do but it seems lately, at least in places like this, that society is certainly spiraling the bowl...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Stopped by the wallyworld in renton to pick up our buddy A4MH in Florida a little somthing and that place was a freaking zoo!  Talk about stuffing a bunch of low lifes in one spot.  I felt dirty when I left.  Screaming kids, big fat mommas runing their carts into things, disorderlyness, very little english spoken and just a general feeling of being in the worlds anal cavity.

I used to like being with the public to watch the strange things people do but it seems lately, at least in places like this, that society is certainly spiraling the bowl...

Ditto on that, have not been in one for a few years for very same reason !
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats why you dont go to ChinaMart!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude, not only did you go to shitmart but you went to the hell-hole-sphincter-of-shitmarts!

I went in there once, I took a friend so she could stock up on a truck load of stuff for her business.  After 5 minutes in that pace she knew it was time to go, before I pulled out the bullet hose!

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
From what i have heard renton is about the worst walmart around here. they caught 26 shoplifters in 1 day there about a week ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
IF you have to go there, go in the Lawn and Garden entrance (usually open.)  It is then an easy shot to the sporting goods section.  You can get in and out pretty fast, and usually find a spot within hiking distance.  I do suggest body armor to shop there however....
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The last time I was in there was about 1.5 yrs ago.  Will not go again for the same reasons stated above.  That, and the fact that they don't sell anything I need that I can't get somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Wal-Mart is the sewer of society, nothing in there but fat trash buying cheap chinese crap from underpaid workers who are a hairs breath from welfare.  I boycott the damned place.  

My last visit was last Christmas, my daughter wanted a TV she saw there.  I wandered amid the squalor and fat asses and tried to find a retard who worked there for a little help, it was a typical sticky floor, dirty, smelly Wal-Mart experience.  I could not force myself to spend money there.

I went to a decent store and found a better TV for 10 dollars more and had them cart it to my car and put it in the back.  No hauling it around in the slush in a rusty cart, while watching for would be robbers.

Fuck Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I forgot something.......

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I went to the one here, it was food stamp day.  People with their famaily pushing 2 carts ful of yelling kids who grab stuff and throw it.

No drinks, no meat in the store.  Looks like the place was pillaged.

Lines are long and you have people who cant read or count on both sides of the register.  Makes you want to steal the $2 item you have so you can just leave.  I go back to the car and someone has stolen the wheel cap off the car.  

The one I normally go to its as busy as most other Walmarts are at Christmas, I started going further to get to a better store.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Ditto on hate Wal-Mart.  You can almost always get what you need somewhere else without the depression of sinking into the lowest-common denominator sludge of society.

Wasn't it George Carlin who said: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ditto on hate Wal-Mart.  You can almost always get what you need somewhere else without the depression of sinking into the lowest-common denominator sludge of society.

Wasn't it George Carlin who said: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."?

AMEN to both you and CARLIN!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I have never been through the doors and never plan to, i do not buy foreign cars or trucks or equipment or foreign tools.

I own American manufactured firearms and shoot mostly American made Ammo, may have some south american ammo {CAVIM} winchester plant.

Buy American as much as possible.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you get the gift card?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#14]
You just bought China another:
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#15]
"Everytime you buy from Wal-Mart you support terrorism? "

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Seemed the same to me the oned and only time I went to one...On my way out I looked for the Alien Ship in the parking lot that MUST have borought those customers to earth!

I can only imagine what goes to Sams Club!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seemed the same to me the oned and only time I went to one...On my way out I looked for the Alien Ship in the parking lot that MUST have borought those customers to earth!

I can only imagine what goes to Sams Club!

Sams Club eliminates MOST of the food-stamp crowd, they won't pay an annual membership to shoplift....
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did you get the gift card?

Affirmative!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Same traffic for the Tri-Cities Walmarts.  I usually pay the $10-20 "tax" to shop with the beautiful people at Fred Meyers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#20]
In all fairness to WalMart, this is more of a reflection on downtown Renton than WalMart in general. The Fred Meyers and Thriftway stores within blocks of that particular WalMart are no better, in my opinion.

I've also been to WalMarts in Idaho and Utah that were exceptionally clean and had decent customers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
In all fairness to WalMart, this is more of a reflection on downtown Renton than WalMart in general. The Fred Meyers and Thriftway stores within blocks of that particular WalMart are no better, in my opinion.

I've also been to WalMarts in Idaho and Utah that were exceptionally clean and had decent customers.

I agree on this one.   Atlanta has several Wallies that look very clean and civilized.  I got very good deals there.    However, one of the Wallies located close to the "food chain bottom" even had a murder in the parking lot.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:00:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
People who shop at Walmart get what they deserve.

People that shop anywhere get what they pay for...

I grew up with Walmart in Calif. My uncle has drove truck for Walmart for over 20 years out of Texas, I have Stock in Wallmart, so when bunny post's his pics of the Mig, just remmember you also bought me enough crap to build 2 AR's this year.

I have been to nice Walmart's and I have been to shitty ones, My guess is that your local Wallmart  is just like anything else in your area, If you have a dumpy, scummy,and filthy Wallmart with  Employees that are retarded, then maybe you live in a area or have surrounding towns full of dumpy, scummy, and retarded people. If yours is nice, well good for you. The employees that are so abused can leave anytime they want, but the funny thing is, just like any other business, Employees come and go, Some like their job, some dont, Im Anti-Union so I wont get into the Union issue, I have two Wallmarts in my area, they are always pack'd, One is scummy filthy dirty, and I would never set foot into it, It is in Lynnwood/Bothell area. the other one is on the Tualip Reservation, very nice and clean but once again fill'd with scummy people, It is all about the population in your area. I will shop for AMMO at the Tualip walmart, but Im not willing to try and avoid all the people from that area for anything else, I can shop at the Tualip walmart 24 hrs, so getting cheap value packs of .40 and .45  at 0100 in the morning is not a issue. I only shop there about 3 times a year because I usually have plenty of ammo from james on hand. ( But sometimes I end up being the freaking welfare dept for ammo at shoots) about 3 weeks ago I needed to get a couple of things for a hunting trip and did not want to have to stop somewhere in the morning, so I went after work, I needed the little green propane bottles and propane lantern, I did buy the wallmart brand, because the guy in the secton decided to show me the difference between the wallmart brand and the coleman brand....It was a sticker, we pop'd off the sticker and the base from the propane bottles and all of the same markings I saved about 45 cents a bottle, We took out the Coleman lantern and the Walmart brand lantern, diff. I paid half for the walmart lantern because it did not have a plastic carry case the instructions and the little package of mantles, were identical even in the packaging....I have seen lots of stuff from China at walmart and Im not really into that, but to be honest I see just as much cheap shit at Fred Meyers/Target. We have become a throw away nation, we chuck our stuff and always want to find a good deal, well Wally world fill'd that nitch, and people flock to it in droves, Im sorry that a few little mom and pop places have gone under , but that is the nature of a capitalistic system....

BTW CavVet what is with the 25 meter reduced sighting target from the Poeples Republic of China, that you posted above.?

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
People who shop at Walmart get what they deserve.

Really??? This week at the Uber Wally World in Kingsport, TN I got 300 rds of Winchester 9mm Value Pack, and 55 rds (11 boxes) of Federal Premium 12 ga 2 3/4" 00 Buck for $70!

I'm GLAD you feel I DESERVE reasonably price ammo!  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Im sorry that a few little mom and pop places have gone under , but that is the nature of a capitalistic system....

No you are NOT sorry or you would support competitive free market.
As an American you should know that there is only two economic system, Liberty competitive free market and facism under dozens of different names but all work the same way.

Walmart is the biggest government subsidized company in America, and the lions share of profits goes to China, a confirmed enemy of America that has threatened to nuke the west coast.

Economics is what rules a nation, where you buy what, is important just as what you trade to purchase the goods you need is important, it is the difference between life and death of a country.

Whores may appreciate a good customer that tips well but they are still whores.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#27]
"....lesser breeds without the law..." -Rudyard Kipling
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im Anti-Union

Well there it is.

There what is?...

You are not going to get your post count up by one that easy!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Im Anti-Union

Hell the Unions are even trying to get into Canadian Walmarts.

I told the little walmart working canuckistanian that I know she needs to find out exactly what the union says it's going to bring to the table for your money as I think Canadian Labor laws are pretty much a union anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#30]
At least this union member knows how to spell "Tulalip".
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im sorry that a few little mom and pop places have gone under , but that is the nature of a capitalistic system....

That is a free market, If they did not offer what the customer wants, then no one would shop there, I dare you to go to any store in our area that does not have or use products from other coutry's...

Im not saying it is right, Im saying that they have a right to buy thier products/sales items  just as anyone else does from whoever gives them the best bang for the buck, I would love to see the Gov keep its handouts to big business, but the honest to goodness trute is that it is the local Govt's that bring in these businesses....That is something that you and I have a say in...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
At least this union member knows how to spell "Tulalip".

I dont get it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#33]
R-32 They get tax breaks and import incentives, that is NOT free market, if I got those same tax breaks I could produce the products and sell them for less than a country that ships them from the other side of the world.

I am not competing with the PRC but with the government that gets the money by taxing me in the first place, and then giving it to Walmart.

Get it?

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I hate Wal-Mart

I hate it MORE !! and I never shopped there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
R-32 They get tax breaks and import incentives, that is NOT free market, if I got those same tax breaks I could produce the products and sell them for less than a country that ships them from the other side of the world.

I am not competing with the PRC but with the government that gets the money by taxing me in the first place, and then giving it to Walmart.

Get it?

You trying to tell me that American Companies dont get tax breaks?

The Import incentives could be offset for American companies by acutally lowering the cost of "Energy" that way they could take advantage of the import incentives on raw material's to make the products in country.... But If the Gov. dont do anything to lower the cost of Electricity/fuel that it takes to make the factory's run...well then you have no choice but to go elseware or go without....
Now add onto that the Unions going into private business and telling them what they will have to pay workers in health care and benifits or go bankrupt because your work force will strike, It is cheaper to sell out and leave country.

Lower the cost of "Energy"....

Dont bend over to the power of the Unions...

Or Go without?...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#36]
My kids call WAL-MART ...Plastic Crap Warehouse...

MT
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Or Go without?...

I will always choose to go without if it is a choice between nothing and PRC products!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Or Go without?...

I will always choose to go without if it is a choice between nothing and PRC products!

Who made your PolyTech M1a?

Walmart has plenty of American Made products, just like Sears, Fred Meyers or whoever, If I choose to buy my AMMO at Walmart, or buy a Store brand of a product  that is MADE in the USA  at a price that I think is a great deal, then Im more than willing to give them my dollar, That does feed the families of the Employees in the community, I have family members that own small businesses and they seem to do O.K., they are not bringing it in hand over fist, but they are put out by the bigger machine shops and bigger hotrod shops....Same thing, just a different scale.

Now just for fun I decided to go throug my house for the last hour and found a few things I own that are made in china...

1. My COMPAQ computer/keyboard

2. Craftsman drill/Batt. and charger

3. Toastmaster toaster oven

4. Norinco SKS

5. A hair thing my wife has.

Most of the products I have noticed are Japan or Malaysia ( Sony, Magnavox, and Kenwood.) I have noticed some stuff from the former Russia ( couple of rifles) but There are products made in the U.S.A.  ( Tools/chemicals and everyday household items like lightbulbs and the such) not to mention my AR-15's and other American Rifles....Heck most of you guys drive a Truck made in Canada or Mexico now....

Until we can lower our standard of living,and  Lower the price of " Energy" we are screwed....

The best we all can do is support US business as much as possible...
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Until we can lower our standard of living,and  Lower the price of " Energy" we are screwed....

The supply and demand systems only work when it is a competitive free market, the energy market along with every other is monopolized by gov regulations & licenses.

The only thing I need from government is for it to go away.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I don't even know where the Walton family lives.

Didn't they have a mountain somewhere?  I think I saw a TV show about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Heck most of you guys drive a Truck made in Canada or Mexico now....

Toledo, Ohio.

Quoted:

While I usually agree with you on most things, I have to disagree here. Dont get me wrong, I can make a list that would flood arfcom with what is wrong with our .gov but....

As I pointed out to the self proclaimed anarchist here (who sent me an invitation to "come to his place and duke it out in Indiana you cocksucker")......There are places with no .gov. Non whatsoever. No rules, no taxes, no .gov controls...

No infrastructure, no fire department, no utilities, No Thanks

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Heck most of you guys drive a Truck made in Canada or Mexico now....

Toledo, Ohio.

Quoted:

No infrastructure, no fire department, no utilities, No Thanks

Those things lacking in Somalia are a direct result of evil government.

The Washington state ferry system use to be private, it cost 25 cents to cross to Whidbey Island, now the state runs it and it is worse than trying to cross behind the Iron curtain {1984}in order to board a ferry and it costs me $35.

The whole of the troubles comes from not understanding this fact=

Whenever people . . . entrust the defense of their country to a regular, standing army, composed of mercenaries, the power of that country will remain under the direction of the most wealthy citizens.

-- "A Framer," in the Independent Gazetteer, 1791

From the county level to the federal level all that is needed is for the force to be on the side of the rights of the individual.

With force multipliers a minority can still frustrate the power monopoly of the state, the founders envisioned a power supremecy of the people the framers allowed for perity but the people as a majority have fallen to total dependency upon the state which will not last long, as the state is parasitic and can not support the host, all the parasite can do is bleed the host dry.

No government by men will ever succeed, but the constitutional limited republic upon which this nation was founded works well if the precept of individual natural rights are respected.

What it comes down to is that among humans you must fight to live, it is just it is my sincere desire not to have to fight my own countrymen.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Those things lacking in Somalia are a direct result of evil government.

Correction, they have no government. British Somaliland has a quasi .gov, but Somalia has had no .gov whatsoever in over 10 years.

They were a normal third world country 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#46]
If Somolia had been left to its undeveloped rural agriculturel model it would have been better off, but when a world superpowers {USA USSR} clash in such a country they don't stand a chance, remember the whole Blackhawk down incident?

Wal-Mart, organized crime {aka gov} poor third world nations all have the same things in common, the misery and suffering of people because the precepts of the Creator are usurped in favor of the precepts of destruction.

Supporting the PRC [walmart} and the other criminal synditcates {gov} always leads to ruin for there is only one law and anytime that law is foresaken destruction follows.

Love works No harm to it's neighbor
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#47]

I have never been through the doors and never plan to, i do not buy foreign cars or trucks or equipment or foreign tools.

I own American manufactured firearms and shoot mostly American made Ammo

Now you wouldn't be a racist type would you?

If you own a late model american car, take a look at some of the parts a little closer. It may be an American made car, perhaps made in Detroit or not, perhaps assembled in Canada, maybe not, but the fact is, American Made, DOES NOT mean made in America, by Americans with all American parts.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I own American manufactured firearms and shoot mostly American made Ammo

Please explain what he said in the above quote that would give you that idea.

I have never seen him say one thing in anyway racial in nature at all. Damn near every word he types is aimed at Olympia or D.C.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As an American you should know that there is only two economic system, Liberty competitive free market and facism under dozens of different names but all work the same way.

Walmart is the biggest government subsidized company in America, and the lions share of profits goes to China, a confirmed enemy of America that has threatened to nuke the west coast.

Economics is what rules a nation, where you buy what, is important just as what you trade to purchase the goods you need is important, it is the difference between life and death of a country.

Whores may appreciate a good customer that tips well but they are still whores.

How dense are you?

1) Mom & Pop shops? WHAT mom & pop shops?

In Milwaukee, those places were long gone WELL before WalMart showed up! WalMart did drive one store almost completely out of the local area, however... K-MART (Boo freakin Hoo)... Oh well, now I can get ammo on the cheap too - K-mart only sold shotshells & 30-30 around here... Wal-Mart's competition is Walgreens, K-Mart, Target, Albertsons/Jewel, and so on...

It's just like our stupid minimum-markup gas law to 'protect' the independant gas stations... WHAT independant gas stations? Are we going to list T-rex as an endangered species?

2) and the lions share of profits goes to China

Hardly... Do you have ANY idea how the profits of a retail product are distributed?

Let's take a cell phone car-charger that WW sells for $9.99, made in China.

Wal-Mart buys them for about $2-4/each. So the lion's share goes to WAL MART, not CHINA...

The AMERICAN distributor gets them for around $1-2 each...

And the chicoms get $1 or so per item to spend on hi-tech clay pigeons...

Remember, the profits per item get LOWER the closer you get to the manufacturing end

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Are you trying to say that he is the stereotypical  Pro-White- Jew hateing Militia Nut Whack Job?

I can tell you for a fact that Strat is not even close to being a racist ,and if you take that from  what he said in those above quotes, then you are no different than  the people that think Dianne Finestein is correct calling owners of "Assault Weapons" kooks and whackjob's.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top