Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2015 12:29:49 AM EDT
The range house burned according to what I heard.  They are waiting for some word from their risk management before they make any decisions.  I understand the range is currently closed.  

I just wanted to let folks know before they made the drive.  

http://tucson.com/news/fire-closes-three-points-shooting-range/article_55fb8644-5b1f-11e5-940a-6bf6c2de4810.html

I tried to post this from work earlier this week, but the ARL backdoor would not let me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a bummer. I hope it turns out to be a good thing for the range...
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
from the TRC calendar:

Due to fire that destroyed the office and shop the ranges are closed to all members and non-members until further notice.  All scheduled matches have been canceled.
The club anticipates being operational in the next two weeks.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
from the TRC calendar:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
from the TRC calendar:

Due to fire that destroyed the office and shop the ranges are closed to all members and non-members until further notice.  All scheduled matches have been canceled.
The club anticipates being operational in the next two weeks.  

That update appears to have been posted on 9/21, which means their 2 week time frame means they *should* be open again by Oct. 5th.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I'd read this thread BEFORE I drove out there this morning.  The rangemaster on site said reopening is tentatively scheduled for 11/11/15.

I was on the TRC Board of Directors for a couple of years.  They kept talking about building a new office complex, but I doubt seriously that this fire will kick them in the ass enough to actually do anything.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#5]
So the GSSF posted this on Facebook , re: the Glock match to be held Oct. 24 and 25 at Three Points:

GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation - GSSF
Yesterday at 8:09am · Atlanta, GA ·

The wildfire on September 11 has not affected the match. The Duel In The Desert IX GSSF match will be held as scheduled. Please pass this information on to all interested parties.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Apparently the range has been reopened as of Oct. 3rd.

got this from their website:

Three Points Range will open for normal operations Saturday October 3, 2015

Description:
The Three Points Range will open for normal operations Saturday October 3, 2015.
The temporary office is the fifth wheel trailer parked just east of the old building destroyed by the fire.
The fire damaged building and surrounding areas are a hazard and off limits. Do not enter the fenced areas.

The Tucson Rifle Club would like to thanks Mr. Nelson of Nelson RV for the loan of the trailer to use as a temporary office.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top