Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2014 11:46:54 PM EDT
Just noticed about a half dozen tubes poking out of the cieling in my laundry room.  Did a full search everywhere else and haven't seen any other tubes.  Seems they are trying to find the source of moisture from the laundry maybe?  the laundry room borders the edge of the foundation and there are some tubes out there too.

Either way I need someone to come in here and nuke these bitches from orbit.  I remember someone saying there is an arf owned termite killer company in here.........

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Bills pest termite is the name of the company. Owned by an arfcommer, and who I used when I found tubes in my house. They were very reasonably-priced and fast. It's who I recommend now to anyone needing termite service
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bills pest termite is the name of the company. Owned by an arfcommer, and who I used when I found tubes in my house. They were very reasonably-priced and fast. It's who I recommend now to anyone needing termite service
View Quote
Great.    To get to the room where the ubes are you have to go through my man cave which is packed full of awesome stuff and a giant gun safe.  I really didn't want to have just anyone in here. I don't even let friends in my house that I haven't known well for more than a year.  They have nothing but great reviews online as well.

drilled some small holes in the 2x4s and the outside of the house where the little bastards are traveling and it looks like i caught it early enough.  They haven't started munching on the support wood yet.  Just tunneling around in the sheetrock probably looking for something moist since the laundry room is often humid.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
You can buy the same product "Termidor SC" at alot of the local "weed and bug marts" Its the same product most companies use and 3/4 of an ounce makes 1 gallon of spray ( comes in about a 16 ounce bottle for $56.00). It also works better than anything i have ever found on ants. Spray a few at the mound and the whole colony is dead within 24 hours.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:47:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for the do it yourself, although if they are coming through the ceiling, it's a bit more advanced than some tubes on the slab.

I get termidor or dominion/premise from doyourownpestcontrol.com which is a little cheaper than the bug and weed marts.  Dilute, trench around slab, pour in the mix, and backfill.   Seems to work pretty well... And I have had Bill's at my house a few times.  I like their anti-obongo ads but don't know if I would hire them again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top