Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2014 8:11:27 PM EDT
How's it going y'all I'm in Tucson for the week and wondering what Are some cool shops, guns stores, outdoor stores and all kinds of other stuff that I can visit and see while I'm out here I plan on going shooting while I'm here as well thanks in advanced! I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The ranges run by Pima County are pretty decent.

If you like Mexican food, you've pretty much come to the best place to have it. El Guero Canelo is a must-visit.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Air and Space Museum is cool as is the Desert Museum.  I don't really think any of our gun shops are all that great, but you cold check out Murphy's ( Lots of history in there) and 2nd Amendment Sports (Lots of guns).  If you are up for a little drive Karchner Caverns, Tombstone and Bisbee can be interesting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
We have a CCW class going on Sunday at the County range at the Fairgrounds, Vail.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Sabino Canyon - Usually around this time of year Sabino Canyon is nice to check out. With the lack of monsoon rains I don't know how the water is doing. Early weekday morning always seem to work the best as the weekends can get pretty busy.

Breakfast - Laverna's on Plumber ave. is a nice little place to have some breakfast with large portions and giant homemade pancakes & biscuits. I recommend the corned beef hash. Jethro's on Broadway/Camino Seco is always a good spot.

Lunch - Pats Chili Dogs on Grande Ave. Popular for their chili dogs but I never get the chili dogs. I always get their cheeseburgers. Just a old fashioned burger with a mountain of fries. If you decide to eat at Pats make sure you eat the fries fresh!

Bianchi's Italian - Get the wings!!! (Meatball sub is good to go!)

Dinner - Mi Nidito on S. 4th Ave. excellent shredded beef tacos! Can get pretty busy on Thurs-Sun nights so arrive a little earlier.

Crossroads on S.4th Ave just down the street is also a good place to have dinner. Their Green corn tamale combination plate is really good and have great prices!

As for gun shops, I mostly just go to Diamondback police supply on Broadway/Kolb. Everytime I go in the staff are nice & helpful. I can't say that about a lot of other shops. Liberty pawn/gun shop on S.4th ave is a small hole in the wall shop. Staff is nice/helpful and have always enjoyed stopping there from time to time. Tucson Trap & Skeet is always fun to head out to!

Have fun & enjoy your stay!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
La Poca Cosa is a must. As is the original El Charro. Both are downtown.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top