Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/25/2009 10:34:30 AM EDT
I was at Stackers on 28th ave and Cactus the other night, this was the first bar I've seen so far that is not permitting firearms.
Anybody seen any others?

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I was at Stackers on 28th ave and Cactus the other night, this was the first bar I've seen so far that is not permitting firearms.

Anybody seen any others?

Edited: I just saw another related thread, sorry.

I frequent several restaurants in that general area.  Next time I do I'll send Stackers a copy of the receipt with "Here's the money you did NOT get due to that sign".

Hitting them in the wallet, and making sure they know it, is the only way that sign will come down.  But if it does come down don't mistake that as support for the 2A, it's coming down out of greed.  Good enough, but let's not mistake it as true support.  What we need are restaurants that truly support the 2A and then flooding them with business so they thrive.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No one else?
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Denny's down on Litchfield and the I-10. My folks were here for a weekend back in April. I told them that I carry. Their last morning here, my dad paid for breakfast at Denny's. As we got in the car, he asked me if I was carrying and I said YES. He said there was a sign in back of the cash register. It's a small sign and if too many people are cluttered around the register, you can't see it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 5:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
By the time you see that sign, you're already in the place. Strange.
Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Denny's down on Litchfield and the I-10. My folks were here for a weekend back in April. I told them that I carry. Their last morning here, my dad paid for breakfast at Denny's. As we got in the car, he asked me if I was carrying and I said YES. He said there was a sign in back of the cash register. It's a small sign and if too many people are cluttered around the register, you can't see it.

You should be aware that all Denny's serve at least beer and wine by the drink and therefore it is currently illegal to carry there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be aware that all Denny's serve at least beer and wine by the drink and therefore it is currently illegal to carry there.

I am sure we are all aware of that. Are you aware that as of September 30th it will be legal to carry in an alcohol serving establishment?
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I have seen beer served at other Denny's...but strangely enough, not this one. Or maybe I have totally missed it.

Another strange thing...if they do serve beer and wine, then why post a sign? Law-abiding citizens of AZ know about the carry/alcohol law.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure we are all aware of that. Are you aware that as of September 30th it will be legal to carry in an alcohol serving establishment?

Yes, that's why I said currently.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I have seen beer served at other Denny's...but strangely enough, not this one. Or maybe I have totally missed it.

Another strange thing...if they do serve beer and wine, then why post a sign? Law-abiding citizens of AZ know about the carry/alcohol law.

I don't know their motivation for the sign.  It could just be informational.  A lot of people going into Denny's for breakfast arn't thinking about Denny's alcohol service.  I know I wasn't the first time I went in while carrying.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that's why I said currently.

OK then, they have to now post the signs and some are choosing to post these signs before the law goes into effect. I believe this thread was started just so we could get a list to know what places are good to go and which ones are off limits. We can then inform the management of the ones with signs why they will lose our business. Maybe some of them will change their mind, maybe they won't.

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Hooters in Tucson had the no gun sign......
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't know the Denny's down there had the sign. thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#13]
California Pizza Kitchen on Val Vista and 60 had a sign up when I went last night to pick up an order. Never again!
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#14]
If they don't trust me to carry,than I won't trust them with my money. hurt them in the pocket .
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they don't trust me to carry,than I won't trust them with my money. hurt them in the pocket .

They won't notice, not too many CCWers in the state for any business to really notice that we are not supporting them.

We need to support the ones that don't have th sign, and let them know they've earned our business by supporting our 2A rights.

Instead of an open carry dinner, we should do a CCW one.  When we get the bill we'll ask to speak to management, we'll tell them that we really appreicate their decision to allow CCW and they've earned our business because of it.

The bigger the group we can get together the more of an impact it will have.

What do you guys think?

Link Posted: 9/24/2009 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Chipotle bans guns too... no more veggie burritos for me
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Hooters at 27th Ave and Bell Rd. had one. I commented to the waitress that I would hate to stop coming there. She said several other people have said that and the manager is for carry but the owner or GM (I forget which she said) was against it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I will do as I have always done , ignore them as I don't give a rats ass what they say.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I go to that one myself ,because it is within walking distance of my house . just plain won't drink and drive . I have always carried there and alway complain about it . it pays to get a good CCW rig so no one knows . .
Quoted:
Hooters at 27th Ave and Bell Rd. had one. I commented to the waitress that I would hate to stop coming there. She said several other people have said that and the manager is for carry but the owner or GM (I forget which she said) was against it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2009 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I will do as I have always done , ignore them as I don't give a rats ass what they say.

This.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Are the signs in spanish as well ??
Sorry officer, yo no habla.........
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, but now they are openly anti-gun do you want to give them your money?

I say posting a sign means “No cash for you!” (-in soup-Nazi voice)
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#23]

... Macayo's, on Central in Phoenix

Link Posted: 9/24/2009 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Noticed Applebee's Happy Valley & I-17...won't miss their food anyways
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Fajitas on I-17 between Dunlap and Peoria, posted a sign.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
California Pizza Kitchen on Val Vista and 60 had a sign up when I went last night to pick up an order. Never again!

Go to sardellas, they allow CCW last I heard, plus they have better pizza. California pizza kitchen is foul.

Also, what do you expect with a name like CALIFORNIA pizza kitchen?
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Lucky Lou's Sports Grill, Power and Mckellips has the sign up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here's what I got from this thread...

Mesa
Lucky Lou's Sports Grill (Power and McKellips)
California Pizza Kitchen (Val Vista and US-60)
Chipotle (all locations)

Phoenix
Stackers (28th Ave and Cactus)
Denny's (Litchfield and the I-10)
Chipotle (all locations)
Hooter’s (27th Ave and Bell Rd.)
Macayo's (Central Ave.)
Applebee's (Happy Valley & I-17)
Fajitas (I-17 between Dunlap and Peoria)

Tucson
Hooter’s

Let's keep this current, did I miss any?

Tack em!

Link Posted: 9/28/2009 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Route 66 Cafe in Williams has the sign up, my dad's girlfriend really wanted to eat there so we met them there for breakfast. As we were paying the bill an employee  asked  how we liked the place, I replied that the food was great but that I wouldn't be back and pointed to the sign.  He had the nerve to tell me it was for my own safety  I told him I'll take care of my safety you go ahead and worry about the food.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Route 66 Cafe in Williams has the sign up, my dad's girlfriend really wanted to eat there so we met them there for breakfast. As we were paying the bill an employee  asked  how we liked the place, I replied that the food was great but that I wouldn't be back and pointed to the sign.  He had the nerve to tell me it was for my own safety  I told him I'll take care of my safety you go ahead and worry about the food.
That was the best response I have heard!

Link Posted: 9/28/2009 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Chipotle in Avondale is not posted.  My son and I looked long and hard all over the place and didn't see it.
This is as of 9/26/09.
Not that we want to eat there if it's a corporate policy and this location is just slacking with the posting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Chipotle in Avondale is not posted.  My son and I looked long and hard all over the place and didn't see it.
This is as of 9/26/09.
Not that we want to eat there if it's a corporate policy and this location is just slacking with the posting.

They may be franchised and/or up to the individual store/manager/owner.

Link Posted: 9/28/2009 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Or the fact they're not required to post until Wednesday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Or the fact they're not required to post until Wednesday.
That too!

Link Posted: 9/28/2009 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nice reply.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Hooters?
 What about the Heart Attack Grill in Chandler? http://www.heartattackgrill.com/media.html
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Let's keep this current, did I miss any?

Haunted Hamburger in Jerome.

Yeah, it's a little out of the way, but....
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#40]
... this AZCentral story is open to public comment through today

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2009/09/29/20090929gunlaw0929.html

David Kadlubowski/The Arizona Republic

Al McCarthy, owner of Duke's Sports Bar & Grill in Scottsdale, has posted three signs at the entrances to his property to inform patrons that guns are not permitted inside.

Link Posted: 9/29/2009 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
... this AZCentral story is open to public comment through today

http://www.azcentral.com/news/election/azelections/articles/2009/09/29/20090929gunlaw0929.html

http://i.azcentral.com/i/sized/8/A/D/e298/j350/PHP4AC1A5BAE9DA8.jpg

David Kadlubowski/The Arizona Republic
Al McCarthy, owner of Duke's Sports Bar & Grill in Scottsdale, has posted three signs at the entrances to his property to inform patrons that guns are not permitted inside.

FYI, this AZcentral article says that Valle Luna Mexican resturaunts are not putting a sign up.

"We basically talked about it as a family and as a business and just decided it was in the best interest to not prohibit law-abiding citizens from exercising their rights under the Second Amendment."

Riddle also said they felt the presence of those carrying guns legally could deter trouble from those carrying guns illegally. "I think it would get them to think twice, big time," she said

Iv been eating at this place since I was a kid, and now Ill probably go more.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is as of 9/26/09.

The one on Litchfield Rd and McDowel or the one on 99th & McDowel?  Been in both of those never seen a sign either...
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Today's Prescott on-line Courier quotes Tommy Meredith, owner of Jersey Lilly Saloon (yes, a full blown bar) on Whiskey Row, as saying he is not going to post no firearms signs.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is as of 9/26/09.

The one on Litchfield Rd and McDowel or the one on 99th & McDowel?  Been in both of those never seen a sign either...

99th & McDowell.
Will check it again in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Since we're now also mentioning places openly stating they won't post a sign, I saw mention in a news article that Chuy's will not post a sign.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I had lunch at the Euro Cafe in Gilbert town center today... no sign . I'm greatly relieved as it's one of my wife's favorite lunch-for-two spots. Great place, by the way - their hand made chips with BBQ sauce are a must.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Is it true that they have to post the sign next to the liquor license? I got an email from the NRA today that states that the sign must be posted next to the liquor license.....also states that posting at the door is a no-go.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Double tap

Link Posted: 9/30/2009 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes, next to the liquor license is a requirement. I have a question of whether they need to post one at the entrance, also. That was the language in the Senate bill. Not sure if it changed in the final draft.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top