Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 6:45:23 PM EDT
In light of recent illegal immigration activity it's time stand up and make a stand!
If you would like to join and participate with the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps here your chance.
I have one member here going to join and participate this month and another that joined and
stood a post with me last weekend.
I will be going down this weekend and every weekend for the rest of the month.

If you have ever considered it please post in this thread or contact me.

www.minutemanhq.com/

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, I'd love to join, but I am attending school in Flagstaff and don't see any gaps except during Christmas. I think my wife would shit if I went down to the border.

If things continue to degrade politically and socially I may find myself down there. In the mean time I'll keep watch for the insurgents up here. I feel like organizing a counter-protest in the downtown area since the illegals gathered there last Monday.

One of those pieces of shit was waving a sign that read "We were here first." I feel like making a sign that reads "You may have come here first but we beat your ass fair and square in the Mexican-American War. Sorry, now go back."
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Signed up approx two weeks ago.  No further contact after that.  (?)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, it seems that a lot of people talk a big game about illegal immigration and helping out the Minutemen but when it comes right down to "who's going to head down there and do it?" the crickets start chirping.

I'm the member that stood post with d_w last weekend.  Went down first thing in the morning (getting a flat on the way) and signed in. Being new my registration took about 10 minutes (which included a background check but it was fast since I'm a CWP holder).  Next thing you know d_w and I are out on the "back 40" with the Minuteman CDC co-founder scouting a new line.  What I saw out there opened my eyes BIG TIME to the severity of our problem. Trash littered the desert on this private land and there were trails with fresh foot prints (hours old) every few hundred feet.  It was around 11:30 am and getting hot when we spotted a suspected illegal attempting to evade us in the brush.  We continued on to other points to scout but when we returned to that spot about 4 hours later there were new prints of about 6 people.  The suspected illegal in the brush was obviously a scout that waited for us to move on then brought his cargo through when clear.  They are literally on our coat tails.

On returning to base I got an orientation on the current situation and the SOP of the Minutemen.  I have to say that it is an extremely well run organization.  Safety is paramount, as well it should be, but there are legal aspects that are covered as well since the ACLU is about 75 yards away in the street watching and taping what they can.  The people that I met there were great.  There were people from all over the country that simply wanted to do their part to protect the border that the government won't.  I didn't see any blood thirsty hate mongers since they would be weeded out in the background check anyway.  Just a bunch of concerned and frustrated citizens doing what little they can to keep our border secure.

The shift that we pulled on the line was about 5 to midnight.  We were the first post in a line of 6 posts in this new area.  I won't go in to detail here about tactics or equipment used but suffice it to say that each post is well equipped to observe and report any illegal crossings.  We had about 22 suspected illegals hit the line right at about midnight.  They were reported to Border Patrol and they responded within about 5-7 minutes to our location which was some pretty rough terrain.  These guys were haulin' (as was d_w but he can tell you that himself) and were eager to get out in the brush to track down this group.  The BP guys on the ground do an awesome job with what they have.  But it just seems like a finger in a dyke after seeing it myself.  

It's a 2.5 hour drive to the ranch where the Minuteman HQ is.  You can walk in and register or get in contact with d_w and he will hook you up with the info you need.  Everyone you come in contact down there will be friendly and helpful.  Don't be shy about showing up, they are more than happy to see you.  If you have any questions about what is needed to bring or what to do drop d_w or myself a note and we'll fill you in.

It's time to stop talking about what we can do and actually drag our butts out of our armchairs and help.  I saw 60 year old women out there doing what they could.  I was told that just in the valley we were working in that Border Patrol caught 30,000 illegals last month.  That's just the ones they caught.  They only catch 1/4-1/3 of the illegals.  And when they take them back and drop them off they will just rest and try again.  They WILL make it eventually.  

So, all it takes is one shift which would take up half of one of your days this month.  It's an experience you won't soon forget and will give you a whole new perspective to the seriousness and urgency of our current situation.  Who's in?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I was on the original MMP, last April. Got the card, t-shirt, etc. If I can find the time, I'll be back.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I plan on moving to Texas or Arizona to participate after I graduate college this winter. If things get bad, I might find myself down there sooner.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]

"I'm against vigilantes in the United States of America."

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hell, I'd love to join, but I am attending school in Flagstaff and don't see any gaps except during Christmas. I think my wife would shit if I went down to the border.

BULLLLLSHIT!!!! Fucking pussy!!

Link Posted: 4/27/2006 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I've decided this is how I'm gonna use up at least a week of my vacation this year.  Maybe even two.  I figure after the first trip, seeing for myself how bad it really is, I'll decide to pull another weeks worth later in the year.
Link Posted: 5/5/2006 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about being an official Minuteman, but I might be interested in buying a little land on the border.  I'd spend time there periodically, basically just doing what the Minutemen do.  Illegals are taking over Colorado, but there's nothing we can do about it locally.  We have to stop them where they're coming in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top