Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2014 7:23:25 AM EDT
Maybe I need to start drinking more    but I am unable to find the direct  ODNR link on where to find and sign up for first time hunter classes in Ohio.

I have hunted in the 1980's quite a bit but always on the land of direct family members. (land owner)  Now I have been asked to go out with friends and do some hunting.  Gonna need to go through the proper steps. Class should be a breeze  but  I can't seem to find one.....

Help!

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Here it is..

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/education-and-outdoor-discovery/hunter-and-trapper-education

Halfway down, "find a course."

Just FYI there's a home study course available with class time of 3-4 hours AND there's a proficiency option as well. As in, take the test, pass and that's it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That would be even better.  Not much I would need to study and could pass easy by doing it online!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
i didnt think you needed a class if over 18.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be even better.  Not much I would need to study and could pass easy by doing it online!
View Quote

Yep, I just recently took the proficiency. Don't think online is an option. I took mine at the county ODNR office.

You don't need a class if you're 18 and as long as you know guns and have a brain you can pass the test easily. The test is required though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Ohio has an 'apprentice' license that allows you to hunt 'under the control' of another licensed hunter.  You can get 3 of these in your lifetime.

It could be an option if you don't think you will start hunting regularly again.

JLE
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it is going to be a regular thing from here on out.  Good info for the kids though. Thanks
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top