Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2014 10:56:49 AM EDT
Heads up to anyone that tried to reach me via AR15.com email. Due to Yahoo's new procedure it won't reach me. IM instead.

May 11:  The steel is all welded and painted.
The plate rack is repaired.
The shoot house is up as of 8:30 tonight.
May 12th: Worked all day with my buddy Monty. There is now a new stage.

Anyone that can legally and responsibly join us is welcome. My farm is in northern Gallatin Co. about 12 minutes from the 71-75 split. We start at 9:00 and go as long as you want, Plenty of room to camp if you want to shoot Sun. The new range location and jungle lane can be used for night shooting for those with flashlights or NVG. NFA okay but your paperwork should be in order.

I try to accommodate all skill levels but it is difficult to work in a brand new shooter safely.
Last year was Zombies. This year the back story is less detailed. Hopefully ammo availability will allow for a higher round count. My scenarios usually involve shoot/no shoot decision making, moving targets, pop ups, house clearing and this year a jungle lane Maybe, maybe not. This year I will also have the plate rack running. Feel free to set up challenge matches on the timer.

Pack a lunch and hydration. Chairs a plus. Sunscreen, bug repellent, eyes, ears, hat, boots. I'll grill for dinner (You shoot to qualify. If you don't qualify dinner is a cheese sandwich).

We'll be looking at scenarios that require pistol caliber, carbine, or combo. Nothing long range. Some motion targets. My steel is at shorter ranges and can't take hits from rifle rounds (AR400 ). There will be 9mm and 45 ACP carbines available to use (you provide ammo) or use your pistol, . There will be some scenarios where rifles calibers can be used but the reactive targets that activate pop ups can't handle it.

Updated May 5th...
You MUST bring: wrap around eye protection (we're shooting some steel) and ear protection for each member of you party.

Recommended gear:  
Pistol with holster, spare mag and mag pouch.
Rifle cal carbine with sling.
Pistol cal carbine with sling.(or use mine, 9mm)
.22 pistol and/or rifle for extra fun.
Ammo.
Boots or decent footwear, this is honey locust territory.
Collapsible chairs.
Cooler with drinks to hydrate.
Sunscreen.
Hat.
Insect repellant (ticks).
4 wheel drive if you have it, to get to and from the range easier.(Shuttle available)

If any one has a shot timer or stopwatch we could use a couple extras.

Please make sure all firearms are sighted in, cleaned, lubed and in safe working order before you arrive.
NFA III welcome. IM me for address. Make sure your paperwork is in order. As always make sure guns and ammo are transported in accordance with the law.

The contact list so far. Some are maybes:
kyfortean
MilesUrbanus
Wildcat78
airgunner
sheepturd
mclark202
AN94AK47 + 1
banshee56
KYLiberty
minus320
Pudwak
APEMANWITHFERALDOG + 1
jdogs + 1
NoHarmNoFal
flynbye
elbastardo
ToledoXJ
Digital_Chaos
marshalgrad
M60forever
Rascan
EKUJustice
localizer11
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully I can make it this year.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope so too. It's been a while.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, what kind of event is this?  Strictly a competition shoot or can any old grey haired gun guy come and hang out?  I grew up in Boone Co and live just north of Cincy now so its a quick trip to get down there.  I always enjoy meeting other arfcommers.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It's purely for fun. People get competitive at the plate rack. We usually run scenarios on a timer but that is just to create pressure.
There's no fee, no payout, Think of it as a challenge not a comp. I hope to meet you.- Mark

"Anyone that can legally and responsibly join us is welcome."

ETA: I'm about 30 min from the river.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's purely for fun. People get competitive at the plate rack. We usually run scenarios on a timer but that is just to create pressure.

There's no fee, no payout, Think of it as a challenge not a comp. I hope to meet you.- Mark

View Quote
You can count me in then, as Im  legal and responsible!  I'll bring a
truckload of toys and maybe a buddy with quite a few NFA toys too
(always with correct documents).   Also, Im going to have a bag of
goodies for those pups of yours.  You Sir, are a good man and Im looking
forward to meeting you.  I'll keep and eye on this tread for the exact
date/time.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can count me in then, as Im  legal and responsible!  I'll bring a truckload of toys and maybe a buddy with quite a few NFA toys too (always with correct documents).   Also, Im going to have a bag of goodies for those pups of yours.  You Sir, are a good man and Im looking forward to meeting you.  I'll keep and eye on this tread for the exact date/time.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can count me in then, as Im  legal and responsible!  I'll bring a truckload of toys and maybe a buddy with quite a few NFA toys too (always with correct documents).   Also, Im going to have a bag of goodies for those pups of yours.  You Sir, are a good man and Im looking forward to meeting you.  I'll keep and eye on this tread for the exact date/time.  

Great.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#8]
That reminds me, PM me your addy again so I can send my paper work in on time this year.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I plan on joining the fun again this year!  Travel papers already submitted.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, I spoke to my friend with the NFA goodies and he asked me to get your address too.   I feel weird asking for it but I guess I'll need it eventually anyway.  If you need my references I've been to other Ohio hometown events and can forward you some names so you can check us out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
No problem. It's part of the dealio. check IM
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 1:41:53 AM EDT
[#12]
:(... I miss all the fun. Im stuck in romania/bulgaria until the end of June.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#13]
It it stays on the 17th, I am likely out.  If it pushes back to the 24th, then I am in.

The 17th is both the OGCA show and Hamvention.

JLE
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#14]
It's very much most likely on the 17th. Once it's set up... grab some buddies and IM me. We shoot all summer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, I've got a GSSF match the first weekend and a USPSA match the second.   So, the two worst weekends of May are when they were planned
View Quote

First weekend 3rd. second weekend 10th. The 17th is the third week of May. You lazy ass bitch! At least put some effort into your alibi.      

Check messages...
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#19]
A couple pics from last year per IM request:

Zombies in the tub...

Pressure drill called "stand your ground". 5 head shots in 10 seconds as targets advance. Most go into rapid fire and miss at least one. This isn't IDPA, no deductions. You miss you lose!

This is a fast moving roller on rough ground simulating 2 charging dogs. Harder than it looks.

My favorite set up I call "screw your buddy". RSO John controls Ed's hot weapon while others rearrange targets, stack targets and move threat/no threat indicators. Turn, draw, asses, move/engage without hitting no threats. Set up changed for each shooter by his buddies. They try to make it challenging hence "screw your buddy".

Ed has turned to engage. Notice hostages and 3rd target requiring lateral movement to safely shoot. 2 more hostage/perp targets are at distance out of view.

Yours truly whiffing one. Notice recumbent target. The wifey put a zombie in the bushes 25 yards back. The shot through the bushes missed the head. Fail.

Monty replacing popups in one of the rooms. The steel behind him activates shoot/no shoot popups, 1,2 or 3 of them.

John on "jungle lane". He's using my 9mm AR because of the steel...

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#21]
If anyone else needs my address for paper work please IM me soon.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump! We could still use a few more shooters...
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Depending on some family issues, I may be able to come up with Pete.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#24]
I hope so.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#25]
WOOHOO
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I got to see what my work looks like but I am always down to shoot. I will save this
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 4:15:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Man that looks like fun !
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#28]
The more the merrier!
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Added to my calendar.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Update in OP (small) and bump.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I should be able to get down there...  any electric for a camper?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I should be able to get down there...  any electric for a camper?
View Quote

We can run an extension cord from the house or there's an outlet on the light pole in the back yard.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Bump. I've heard from 20 arfcommers so far. Additional shooters will join us from off site.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bump. I've heard from 20 arfcommers so far. Additional shooters will join us from off site.
View Quote

As of right now I'm still in. Hopefully I got the 5320 in in time this year.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Bermp.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

What if I don't want to shoot with dirty non arfcomers?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#37]
We have segregated scenarios, at their request.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Bump with list in OP.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Update bump.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like a blast. Would love to join and meet some good people but I will be moving to a new home then. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Approximate round count?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#42]
As much as you want. I'm still setting up and haven't finalized anything yet. We'll probably play with variations at each stage. 6 to 18 rounds per stage. 8 or 9 stages plus the plate rack... Whatcha saving it for?
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Got screwed by work. I appreciate the reminder email and the invite.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Got my 5320.20 back! Was starting to get worried. Just make sure that you got that Benelli ready! See ya all on Sat.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 5:17:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As much as you want. I'm still setting up and haven't finalized anything yet. We'll probably play with variations at each stage. 6 to 18 rounds per stage. 8 or 9 stages plus the plate rack... Whatcha saving it for?
View Quote

Just trying to figure out how bad my gas mileage will be on the way down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Got my 5320.20 back! Was starting to get worried. Just make sure that you got that Benelli ready! See ya all on Sat.
View Quote

Mine came back in record time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 6:30:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, see if you can lighten the load for the drive home.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, hell. I just now saw this.

That weekend is a boy scout float trip and campout or I would have sure as hell made it down.

Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Heads up to anyone that tried to reach me via AR15.com email. Due to Yahoo's new procedure it won't reach me. IM instead.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like the weather will cut us a break for Saturday. Not so much this week. It was pretty wet  (I moved a snapping turtle off the range this morning.)Monty and I have been busting our asses in the mud and rain. We almost got 'er done. I'll be back down there tomorrow at 5:30 AM fixing a flat on the mower, putting up targets, running ropes and moving stuff.

See you guys at 9:00 AM.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top