Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2016 8:30:09 PM EDT
Hi neighbors- our landlord asked we stop feeding and try to get rid of some semi-tame feral cats/kittens that have been hanging around. There was a restaurant with a dumpster next door then they moved, my wife felt sorry for them & started feeding the mama, she got knocked up...

Anyone need a barn cat or warehouse cat/mascot/pet? I can trap them but don't know what to do with them.

Joe in Citrus Heights

supajc @ hot mail.com
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't feed feral cats. They are worse than the rats. Trap them and have animal control come get them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is what we did at our manufacturing plant and it worked well.

We had about 7-10 feral cats.  They were being fed by employees and having baby cats but didn't have enough food to live well.  

We trapped most of them.  Left 2 males and a female.  We were able to trap the female and get her fixed.  The last two males learned and evaded the traps.

For two years we kept those three cats.  The employees fed them a little and they caught some rats but most of all we didn't get overwhelmed and have dead kittens everywhere.

If you get rid of all of them, like we did numerous times in the past, more will come.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is what we did at our manufacturing plant and it worked well.

We had about 7-10 feral cats.  They were being fed by employees and having baby cats but didn't have enough food to live well.  

We trapped most of them.  Left 2 males and a female.  We were able to trap the female and get her fixed.  The last two males learned and evaded the traps.

For two years we kept those three cats.  The employees fed them a little and they caught some rats but most of all we didn't get overwhelmed and have dead kittens everywhere.

If you get rid of all of them, like we did numerous times in the past, more will come.  

View Quote

Thanks-

I got an email from Sac Feral (an organization) explaining it is actually better to have a FIXED cat in your area that call it "home" or eventually unfixed mamas come breezing in and start poppin out babies of the territory is seen as "available".
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hi neighbors- our landlord asked we stop feeding and try to get rid of some semi-tame feral cats/kittens that have been hanging around. There was a restaurant with a dumpster next door then they moved, my wife felt sorry for them & started feeding the mama, she got knocked up...

Anyone need a barn cat or warehouse cat/mascot/pet? I can trap them but don't know what to do with them.

Joe in Citrus Heights

supajc @ hot mail.com
View Quote

Don't feed feral cats.  Feral cats with supplementary feed can and will wipe out all available prey species.  While this may be a good thing for mice and rats, it's very bad for everything else.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm still looking for a couple of kittens. Looking for a little younger but they might work out. Let me know if you still have them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Everytime I go to Sac there is alway ferrel pitbulls everywhere lol. Get one of those and prob solved!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Trap em.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#8]
You can usually get feral female cats spayed at little or no cost  through organizations like "Forgotten Felines" like we have here in
Sonoma county, however the problem WILL NEVER go away; all you can hope to do is control the #'s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top