Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2011 2:17:59 PM EDT
If anyone is good at doing a desert style camo Krylon job on my Savage MKII or knows someone who is, let me know. I would be happy to pay
I am in the Orlando area.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
no ideas?
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 3:14:04 AM EDT
[#2]
DIY. It's Krylon, so if you don't like the way it looks, it's gonna wear off with some hard use anyway. I recently did my AR with Krylon and it looks good enough, and I'm no artist by any means. Look in the Refinishing Forum for ideas.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Do it yourself.  It is rediculously easy; in fact, there really isn't a way to mess it up.  Make sure that your scope lenses are covers and shove a foam earplug into the bore.  Spray a light coat of tan.  Loosly wrap a mesh laundry bag around parts if you want to add a snakeskin texture effect.  Go out in your yard and pull some vegetation/ferns/weeds/whatever to use as a stensil.  Hold the stensil between the paint can and rifle and add some color (brown/olive drap/black).  Keep going until you like the results.  If you add too much color or don't like a section, add more Krylon.

If you really want some help with it and feel like driving to Tampa, I can help you out.  It only takes about 10 minutes start to finish.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 8:05:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Well after some reading and you tube watching im off to get some paint and give it a try...
Thanks for the advice !
Top Top