Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2009 8:15:22 AM EDT
Gotta love the press.

http://www.jacksonville.com/community/shorelines/2009-07-29/story/thief_gets_away_with_jacksonville_beach_cops_guns_gear

A brazen lunch-hour break-in of a Jacksonville Beach officer’s
unmarked police vehicle stocked up one thief’s stash with a Glock,
submachine gun, ammo and more.

David McMinn of the Jacksonville
Beach Police Department said he left his locked Chevrolet Silverado in
the parking lot of the 5500 Beach Blvd. European Street Cafe about
11:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Sheriff’s Office incident report.
When he returned about 12:20 p.m., he found the driver window broken
and nearly $3,000 worth of police gear missing.

Stolen items
included a semi-automatic .45-caliber Glock pistol, 9mm Heckler &
Koch submachine gun with a red-dot sight and tactical light, case of
ammo, flashlight, pliers knife, a duffel bag with clothes, tactical box
and gun, handcuff and baton holders.

A friend noticed a
suspicious, skinny white man in his mid-20s wearing no shirt and
light-brown shorts in the parking lot prior to the heist.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]

skinny white man in his mid-20s

Well. . .  I'm off the hook.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

let's see if anything pops up on the EE.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I want an MP-5 maybe I'll check the pawn shops down there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't be me.... I was at a shitty police expo in Miami Beach...... not a single firearm related product.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That eliminates a pretty good chunk of the FDCC folks as well...
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#7]
You know, it really shocks me how often cops get their guns stolen out of their cars.  Believe me, that MP5 will show up sooner or later.  I'm sure it will be used in some drive-bys before it's found though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, European Street is one of my good customers!
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
The suspect sounds like must of the lil surfer hippies. Hey DUDE look what I got BRA.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#10]
lol just hope they dont catch him in an alley....that officer is pissed/had his ass chewed....
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Funniest post since "smells like a burnt clutch".
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I just ate at that same restaurant today, those European Cafes are awesome. The place is right on the edge of the Beach ghetto, all kinds of bums and druggie types wandering around all the time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#13]
fantastic.... an mp5 in the hands of a criminal...with any luck at all they'll shoot themselves with it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope the sub gun was not simply lying outside a dedicated locking device.

This is why our select fire weapons must be kept in a locking device at all times unless in use.  I NEVER leave my select fire AR out of its dedicated locking device.  If its out of the lock, its in my hands.  Trust me, the locking device we have will not fall victim to a smash and grab...
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
What would happen if someone who read the article hits pawn shops asking for those specific items....just asking so I know what not to do!  
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#16]
$3K...............must be nice to be the .gov
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#17]
"One of the weapons was a $2,000 HK fully automatic MP5 submachine gun. "

$2K for FA MP5? I'll take 5 please
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is why our select fire weapons must be kept in a locking device at all times unless in use.  I NEVER leave my select fire AR out of its dedicated locking device.  If its out of the lock, its in my hands.  Trust me, the locking device we have will not fall victim to a smash and grab...

This.That cop is butthurt big time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.That cop is butthurt big time.

Yelp .. if it was one of us the news twist and leo response would of been much worse.  I never leave a gun in a car not in a safe ...
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Guess what fellas, this wasn't the Euro Street at the beach.  This was the one in the 5500 block of Beach Blvd.  That's the one on Beach right near the intersection of Beach and University, next door to the ABC Liquors.  Remember they have two locations on Beach Blvd.  Sounds to me like this cop didn't something he shouldn't have.  Somebody picks one vehicle at random, out of a parking lot.  Smashes the window and makes off with a pistol and a submachine gun.  I'd be willing to bet the cop left something out in the open.  Either the guns were sitting out ("I'm a cop.  Who in their right mind would break into my car?") or they were in some kind of case that was sitting out in the open.  One or the other, I don't believe that somebody picked one car to break into and just happened upon all that gear.  A little too coincidental.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#21]
This is right next door to the FOP credit union on beach
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That's about the going rate for a Post-86 gun.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I can believe it happened at University and Beach instead of the Beach. Friend of mine on JSO told me he wouldn't be issued an AR15 until he got an alarm put on his car, I guess Jax Beach PD is a little more lenient on that kind of stuff?
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's about the going rate for a Post-86 gun.

exactly.  How do we know that he's not keeping that for himself?
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#25]

now that is rasist!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Gotta love the press.

http://www.jacksonville.com/community/shorelines/2009-07-29/story/thief_gets_away_with_jacksonville_beach_cops_guns_gear

A brazen lunch-hour break-in of a Jacksonville Beach officer’sunmarked police vehicle stocked up one thief’s stash with a Glock,submachine gun, ammo and more.

David McMinn of the JacksonvilleBeach Police Department said he left his locked Chevrolet Silverado inthe parking lot of the 5500 Beach Blvd. European Street Cafe about11:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Sheriff’s Office incident report.When he returned about 12:20 p.m., he found the driver window brokenand nearly $3,000 worth of police gear missing.

Stolen itemsincluded a semi-automatic .45-caliber Glock pistol, 9mm Heckler &Koch submachine gun with a red-dot sight and tactical light, case ofammo, flashlight, pliers knife, a duffel bag with clothes, tactical box and gun, handcuff and baton holders.

A friend noticed asuspicious, skinny white man in his mid-20s wearing no shirt andlight-brown shorts in the parking lot prior to the heist.

WTF is a "tactical box"?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love the press.

A brazen lunch-hour break-in of a Jacksonville Beach officer’sunmarked police vehicle stocked up one thief’s stash with a Glock,submachine gun, ammo and more.

David McMinn of the JacksonvilleBeach Police Department said he left his locked Chevrolet Silverado inthe parking lot of the 5500 Beach Blvd. European Street Cafe about11:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Sheriff’s Office incident report.When he returned about 12:20 p.m., he found the driver window brokenand nearly $3,000 worth of police gear missing.

Stolen itemsincluded a semi-automatic .45-caliber Glock pistol, 9mm Heckler &Koch submachine gun with a red-dot sight and tactical light, case ofammo, flashlight, pliers knife, a duffel bag with clothes, tactical box and gun, handcuff and baton holders.

A friend noticed asuspicious, skinny white man in his mid-20s wearing no shirt andlight-brown shorts in the parking lot prior to the heist.

WTF is a "tactical box"?

most likely a pelican case....
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotta love the press.

WTF is a "tactical box"?

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#29]
good luck to the thief trying to find ammo for the gun, they'll probably catch him at wal mart
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top