Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2014 7:56:45 AM EDT

Gun will be form 1'd and built into an A2 stocked SBR to host an Octane 9 HD w/ 3 lug mount.

POF-5?
AA89?
D54P?  Twice as much, twice as nice/functional?  

Which one would be the best value walking that line between price, form and function.

Which one would you pick and more importantly why wouldn't you pick one of the other two.

Thanks!

V6
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If you buy a POF, either inspect it first or ask the dealers to.  I've heard about many different issues.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have heard about some misaligned cocking tubes on POFs, that alone kinda puts me off.  If I am gonna spend the money and headache to register the gun with the NFA I want to function AND look good.  Im not looking for a beater.  That's why I am looking at the Dakota Tactical guns, even though they are stupid expensive.  However the AA89 LOOKS like a nice looking gun, and I havent heard any common complaints about them yet.  The significant price difference both worries me and attracts me.  I'm not made of money, so if I can get the host gun for 2k vs 3k that's a win.  

It really disgusts me that these clones cost this much, mainly due to remembering brand new in the box HK94s selling for $700 bucks.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Dakota Tactical is top drawer and won't disappoint, can't speak to the AA guns. I've not seen any of the POF guns but they seem to be hit or miss.

If you can inspect the guns then perform two simple tests - measure across the scope mount tabs with a dial caliper and swap buttstocks around. The tabs should be just under an inch and a German A3 along with a metal capped 93 stock should fit without forcing it on or off. I don't feel as if the all plastic A2 stocks are a true test in this case.

I bought a MKE full size and two friends own the SP89 versions. While the paint and markings are not as pretty as a DT or German gun they work. I've SBR'ed mine along with other mods to run my pack on it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Run over to HKPRO.com and you can get the skinny on several builders.

I went with DJ Getz and couldn't be happier, The quality is nice and working with Dave is as simple as it can get.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Another satisfied customer of DJ Getz with an MP5SD clone.  

/Fargo007
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
+ 1 for DJ Getz
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I got my POF 5 from Atlantic, zero problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#9]
DJ Getz! I just my Form 1 approved, I'm getting it engraved tomorrow, and also picking up my Octane. I will try to get pics up tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got my POF 5 from Atlantic, zero problems with it.
View Quote

+1 Here.  My POF 5 has been completely trouble-free.  So far, in the 2 1/2 months I have had it, no stoppages in 3.5K.  I have a Form 1 pending right now, so it should be ready to rock as God and Tilo Möller intended soon.

Also, I cannot say enough good things about Atlantic.  They are a first class organization.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
another vote for DJ Getz here. He called me a week after the purchase to make sure I was happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Getz all the way

Quoted:
Another satisfied customer of DJ Getz with an MP5SD clone.  

/Fargo007
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is some pics of my DJ Getz reverse stretch.

With Octane 45 HD attached.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
+ 1 for DJ Getz
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]
well that pretty much settles it, Getz gets my biz.

I was all set on a fullsize A2 SBR till I saw that reverse stretch......now im torn, thanks a lot!!  :-)
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#16]
What kind of 9mm (weight, brand, etc) do you guys shoot in your clones?

How perfectly can you zero your iron sights?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#17]

I thought the 3 lug adapter only works with the octane 9 can?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The 3 lug adapter works with both the Octane 9 and Octane 45.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This but SiCo words it kinda funny. What they are trying to say is you can't shoot 45 rounds through the 3 lug adapter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This but SiCo words it kinda funny. What they are trying to say is you can't shoot 45 rounds through the 3 lug adapter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice! I was planning on getting the octane 45 for the versatility even though all I shot is 9 but stopped after hearing about the 3 lug only working for the octane 9 and was just going to settle with the 9. Back in the market!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top