Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2008 4:40:38 PM EDT
Why only certified funds though,

Link Posted: 8/3/2008 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Clone parts kits + build expenses = more than just buying a complete clone.

(Unless you have the skills and equipment to weld it up yourself)
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why only certified funds though,

i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/DMathi9177/Partskits.jpg
That's actually Coharie (Special Weapons). They are selling parts kits for guns that they don't have the time to put together right now, and probably don't want to because they have "Vector" stamped on them. They should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Tactical Weapons is a Member of the "One that Cannot be Named" so take that however you will.

Looking at that Ad however, there may be some real need to sell those kits. If Vector is really in trouble with the Feds, and HK, it may have cut into their ability to purchase these. If so, then Tactical Weapons is sitting on a whole bunch that they need to move ASAP.
Speculative, but who knows in today's World.

Link Posted: 8/4/2008 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#4]
1)When using CC, the company has to pay 3% to CC company for convenience fees, they could pass those on to consumer, but guessing they are electing not to.

2)CCs can have reversed charges, if the kit is poor quality or someone FUBARs their build, or if they simply dont like it, they could refuse charges.

3)When using CCs it establishes a "paper trail" some companies dont want that. thats on them.

*after re-reading the ad. Im going with my option #2
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#5]
price would equal about the same as Vector's, when they were building.  Get a group price and that'd be nice. More work and waiting, but in the end, you know it will fit & function properly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
When and where is this ad from?

When you go to the web page listed in the ad everything dates from 2004? WTHhinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Saw the same add in my shotgun news that came yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Perhaps so they can be sure to get their money.  Or perhaps they are a load of "nothing".  Does anyone have a positive experience with this?
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I am curious too if someone has inquired or has more knowledge about this kit....stupid question is what does the parts kit not contain besides the firing pin..... or besides welding/assembly skillz, what else is needed to complete? It really contains the receiver?? wow.
I am crossed-eyed from researching the MP5 platform/clones and I remember that this vendor is shunned from another forum, but I can't recall what the beef is about.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#10]
This Vendor/Manufacturer has a tough history because of their founding guy, TOTCBN.
The chain of companies that exist today are off shoots of his first company, Special Weapons.
Needless to say, there are very many people who have been screwed over by this guy. A lot of guns that came out of this guys shop are also junk and better off being torn down into a parts kit and built onto a new receiver. Many Gunsmiths will not work on his stuff.

For the still interested parties...

The deal is literally for everything minus assembly (putting it together) and the firing pin.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Then name "Todd Bailey" or "Special Weapons" is not supposed to be mentioned on HKPro, but it's not an issue here at AR15.com.  HKPro also seems to be OK with the name of Coharie Arms even though, as you have said, it's an offshoot of Special Weapons.  I'm not sure why they let that slide, but they do.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I was thinking about risking a few bucks on one of these kits but can't seem to bring myself to after reading some about him/his companies. Besides, the guy cant spell "warranty" in his own ad! :)

I think only the certified funds so when you get bent over and screwed you have no real recourse.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The name "Todd Bailey" or "Special Weapons" is not supposed to be mentioned on HKPro, but it's not an issue here at AR15.com.  HKPro also seems to be OK with the name of Coharie Arms even though, as you have said, it's an offshoot of Special Weapons.  I'm not sure why they let that slide, but they do.  
Go read the sticky at the top of the HKPro Clone page. They have relaxed the constraints on the discussion of Coharie and Special Weapons guns. They are not allowing the traditional personal bashing but you are free to talk about the guns, their performance, availability, upgrades, etc. They haven't fixed the forum description yet (and mention that) but they plan to in the future.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
All the hk type builds I have done have been demills. So pressing and headspacing a hk type is new to me. Is there any online tutorials on the fixtures and the procedure for installing and headspacing these berrels?
If you could do this build yuorself a man could own an mp5-40 for around 600.00 after replacing a few out of spec parts with HK parts.
A 600.00-650.00 mp5-40 would be very tempting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
All the hk type builds I have done have been demills. So pressing and headspacing a hk type is new to me. Is there any online tutorials on the fixtures and the procedure for installing and headspacing these berrels?
If you could do this build yuorself a man could own an mp5-40 for around 600.00 after replacing a few out of spec parts with HK parts.
A 600.00-650.00 mp5-40 would be very tempting.

Very
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#16]
So we decided this is too risky and might never show up right? Anyone live near there?
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#17]
From what I have read, if you had to "liquidate" Todd because he screwed you on this deal you would be lost in the thousands of potential suspects who can't stand him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Well guys, I went ahead and took a chance on this deal. I have purchased several of his clones and other than takeing longer than advertised to ship I have not had any problems with the guns. I dont think he is going to steal anyones cash and I am sure everyone will get their kits. Now as far as parts being in spec and everything functioning 100% we will see. He is offering to assemble the upper reciever for $140.00 extra or just pressing and pinning the barrel/trunnion for $35.00 extra and upgrading to F/A carrier for $40.00. I opted for the upgrades so all I will have to do is gunkote everything and assemble subcomponents. So for $600.00 and two or three hours of painting and assembly I will have a mp5-40 pistol.
When I get it I will do a full review to let everyone know if this was a smokeing deal or a rip off.
70ss396
Link Posted: 8/17/2008 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

When I get it I will do a full review to let everyone know if this was a smokeing deal or a rip off.
70ss396

Really looking forward to this bit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone received their kit? I have been waiting on an email reply from them to verify the correctness of my order.... No response yet....I am reluctance to mail my check.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I was thinking about risking a few bucks on one of these kits but can't seem to bring myself to after reading some about him/his companies. Besides, the guy cant spell "warranty" in his own ad! :)

I think only the certified funds so when you get bent over and screwed you have no real recourse.

I belive it's the same payment required on completed guns also.
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#22]
The ad says "These are kits built for Vector Arms that they never bought......", when in fact Vector did receive the kits from TB, inspected, and then rejected and returned them.
That's why TB is trying to unload them fast.
Link Posted: 9/30/2008 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone received one of the kits yet??
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I called them and they said that they had shipped all of the unassembled kits last week and would be two to three more weeks on the upgraded kits with completed and barreled uppers. So has anyone on these boards recieved one of the unassembled kits?
Link Posted: 10/2/2008 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I called them and they told me they were leaving on vacation after Wednesday and they would see if they had enough parts ready for the 2 standard v94-40 kits that I ordered.  If they had the parts they said they would try to ship them out on Wednesday and send me a confirmation email.  I did not receive an email so it looks like it will be a few more weeks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone reseived the kits yet.  If they shipped as many out as the said. Someone should have one?
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Is there anymore left are all they all gone?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I just went over to hk54 and he just posted that there is still fs and pistol kits and a couple of sd kits. If you want to see a review of the unassembled kits go to hkpro, one of thier guys recieved his kit and posted pics and a review, looks pretty good!
When i recieve my assembled upper kit I will post a review here(cant wait).
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Is he only accepting money orders for these kits? Will a check work? Does anyone have their phone number?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Clone parts kits + build expenses = more than just buying a complete clone.

(Unless you have the skills and equipment to weld it up yourself)

One of our local nuts has welded up several kits of every type of Hk including beltfed stuff for his sear.

Hell, a couple months ago he built and Hk 34 (I think) from a flat.  The thing runs perfectly.

The man is a god with a welder.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Is he only accepting money orders for these kits? Will a check work? Does anyone have their phone number?

It's on the add in the first post.
Link Posted: 10/20/2008 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Just a quick update. I talked with Tactical Weapons again today.  The last time I talked with them they said they were going to try to get my kits shipped out before leaving for vacation and if not they would ship them out around the 20th.  Today they said they are now in the process of moving locations and it would be another week or 2 before they will likely be shipped.
Link Posted: 10/21/2008 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#33]
sky,
I have a welded kit with upgrades coming. Todd posted last week that they were welding them and hoped to ship by the end of the week. I called mon Wendy said they were moving and it would be 2-3 weeks. I have purchased several guns through them and delivery time has been my only complaint sofar.
Link Posted: 10/22/2008 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#34]
There were ramblings of someone on HKpro having already got their kit, but I couldn't find it.  Link anybody/.
Link Posted: 10/23/2008 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#35]
height=8
Quoted:
There were ramblings of someone on HKpro having already got their kit, but I couldn't find it.  Link anybody/.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90732
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I just recieved my shipping and tracking number email from tactical weapons. My kit will be here on the 26th. As promised I will do a review and post pics.
Really looking forward to this project.
70ss396
Link Posted: 11/28/2008 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#38]
I received two fs kits.  They are not bad!   I already have one finished except for the cosmetics.  Ran about 100 rounds through it with no jams or misfires.  I had to do some tweaking during the build, as should be expected but overall I am very happy.  I would not recommend attempting this build without previous HK style build experience.  It is fairly challenging.  One if my kits was missing a couple of small parts like 1 roller, the pin for the bolt hold open unit and a roll pin or two.  No big deal.  The aftermarket mag is fair and works great after a little tweaking to the mag-well.  Overall this is one of the best deals I have come across in awhile.
Link Posted: 11/30/2008 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#39]
I recieved my kit and am very happy. I posted pics in this forum. Kit was short the roller retaining plate but every thing else was there. I emailed Todd about sending me a plate so hopefully that wont take too long.
Have not shot it yet but so far this is a thumbs up buy.
70ss396
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top