Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2008 3:17:17 PM EDT
I know NIB is a term that is very loosely thrown around but I fully believe I just picked up a HK93A3 that really is.This comes in the original styrofoam container,brown outer box marked H&K,Arlington,VA,a 25 rnd mag with no insertion marks,the sling is in unopened plastic,owners manual,warranty card still attached,IB date code and the original test target.

It has no insertion marks in the magwell,the bolt is pristine,no claw marks of course and the selector looks to never have been moved.The ABSOLUTELY only thing I can see is a very tiny ding,the size of a pinhead,on the very bottom of the magwell.Otherwise it looks like the day it came from HK.

I know what I "think" it's worth but I want to see what the Hive mind says.P.S.-never give up on gunshows,even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

Link Posted: 6/8/2008 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure is pretty.
I'd say... Brand new like that ~3000. Give or take a couple hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
well no paddle mag release so that tells me it was made after the band.
thats gonna take a chunk out of its value. offhand in 95% or better which it looks like i would say 2000 to 2500 offhand ..........
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thats gonna take a chunk out of its value. offhand in 95% or better which it looks like i would say 2000 to 2500 offhand ..........

It's an IB date code---it was made in '81
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
my question then is why the paddle mag release missing ???
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought all the 91's, 93's & 94's were produced and imported minus the paddle mag release.
Am I clueless or what? I know some 41's came in with paddles and push pin holes but not for long.
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I would trade you (3) AR's for it.

Seriously, find the right collector & I think you could get $3500-4000 for it. My 93 is my favorite rifle.

BTW, neither my 91, 93, nor my 94 have paddle releases.
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
my question then is why the paddle mag release missing ???

I've also got an 95% IB date code 91 that doesn't have a paddle mag release so I don't know what you're getting at.

Quoted:

It ought to look 95% or better---it's fricken brand new.Dude, if you can find me a HK93A3 @ 95% for $2000 I'll have a $100 finders fee on the way to you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/8/2008 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#8]
None of the 90-series HK rifles have the paddle magazine release.

The 1966 HK41, and some early 1960s semiauto G3s, have it though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently bought one in the same condition as yours. Mine is an A2 stock but that is the only difference. I have been told that they are worth as much as $3500 for NIB rifles like ours. Mine is a 1983 manufacture date. I also bought a HK94 that was NIB from the same guy. He was a dealer back in the 80's and still had these on hand. I gave him the asked price of $2000 each so I scored big time.

Here is the 93

Here is the 93 and 94 together
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
sgtglock1---Damn,and I thought I'd scored.Congrats on your good luck.Have you shot them?That's my problem--I like to consider myself a collector---- but a collector that shoots.I know the 1st shot I take out of mine is going to devalue it at least 6 or 700 bucks.

That really tempts me to sell it and buy a 95% for $2600 or so and keep the difference.I think this weapon is so scarce it's really for those people that are pure collectors and never shoot their stuff.
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/5/2008 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:
I would trade you (3) AR's for it.

Seriously, find the right collector & I think you could get $3500-4000 for it. My 93 is my favorite rifle.

BTW, neither my 91, 93, nor my 94 have paddle releases.

Agree totally on the value--- with all of that, probably closer to the $4K or more!!! Tony
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#13]
the only tragedy is that no one will probably ever shoot it. I hate to see a beutiful weapon relegated to collecting dust.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:38:12 AM EDT
[#14]
you took it apart........its not NIB anymore......I offer $1500

sweet 93!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys don't know how tempted I am to keep it and shoot it but I know the first ejection ding will lower the value by at least $700.I've got my heart set on full auto so when I get close to saving up enough $ for a M16 I'll sell it then to help fund the M16.It's going to kill me though---I know I'll never again see a 93 only test fired 3 times at the factory.
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#16]
keep it and just save up longer for a m16 the value is just going to go up and up..
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#17]
No HK 91, 93, or 94 was ever imported with a paddle mag release due to government restrictions.  That's the government working hard to protect us.
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#18]
No, just save up for an HK sear and shoot all these great guns in FA. The only way to go.
Link Posted: 7/28/2008 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]
It does happen. I picked up 99.9% Saco 93A2 for 800.00 bones off a nasty dealer. I would never have been low balling on a decent person but this guy had it coming. He was notorious for burning people. So when something popped up that he did not know the value on it went straight from a buy from a customer to a sell to me that he made 50.00 bucks on.
 It is a safe queen as are about 1/3 of my collection. But they can really payoff!
 P.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
I recently bought one in the same condition as yours. Mine is an A2 stock but that is the only difference. I have been told that they are worth as much as $3500 for NIB rifles like ours. Mine is a 1983 manufacture date. I also bought a HK94 that was NIB from the same guy. He was a dealer back in the 80's and still had these on hand. I gave him the asked price of $2000 each so I scored big time.

Here is the 93
img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/sgtglock/daves018.jpg

Here is the 93 and 94 together
img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/sgtglock/daves020.jpg

That is an amazing find and a fantastic buy!  I pray to find a deal like that one day.
hock.gif
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#21]
This is one of those "Back in the Day" stories...

My father purchased several Hk rifles directly from Hk back in the mid 80's when Hk actually dealt with us non-LEO/Mil people.  He send in his FFL and was able to purchase direct at that time.  He still has the rifles and they also remain undifed in the boxes such as they are.  He purchased an Hk94, Hk93, SL6, SL7 all for the low low price of......

$499 each plus some shipping.  And has the original invoices to prove it.  

Sick!  He never would get the Hk91 even though I pestered him to do so relentlessly.  He thought the SL7 was enough and only got it because he liked the  way it looked.  He has always and continues to buy guns based on how the look to him.  It is his $ after all.

If only we knew what the future holds.  
He should have put a second on the house and put off my college education for a while and purchased 10 of each or more and could have sold them a few years later under the Clinton AWB for for $3000 or more.

Live and learn.
Link Posted: 8/10/2008 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This is one of those "Back in the Day" stories...

My father purchased several Hk rifles directly from Hk back in the mid 80's when Hk actually dealt with us non-LEO/Mil people.  He send in his FFL and was able to purchase direct at that time.  He still has the rifles and they also remain undifed in the boxes such as they are.  He purchased an Hk94, Hk93, SL6, SL7 all for the low low price of......

$499 each plus some shipping.  And has the original invoices to prove it.  

Sick!  He never would get the Hk91 even though I pestered him to do so relentlessly.  He thought the SL7 was enough and only got it because he liked the  way it looked.  He has always and continues to buy guns based on how the look to him.  It is his $ after all.

If only we knew what the future holds.  
He should have put a second on the house and put off my college education for a while and purchased 10 of each or more and could have sold them a few years later under the Clinton AWB for for $3000 or more.

Live and learn.

+1 on that.

My father and his dad used to have a FFL. they bought a 93 for $504.00 with tax and shipping in 1979 or 80. sold it in the early 90's for like 2200.

They also bought a Belgian made Hi Power and an Italian made Beretta 92 with rosewood grips for $350.00 each from the same importer at the time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2008 2:20:13 AM EDT
[#23]
One of my most favorite rifles ever. A friend of mine has one and I have only seen it once................but it is badass. Buying mags will kill your wallet tho.

Have you guys seen the movie, Four Brothers? At least one of the police sharpshooters is using an HK93 with bipod and some kind of large scope. It is the coolest set up ever. I would much rather have a HK93 sniper set up than any AR15 SPR.

Im jelous
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#24]
So what are you going to do with it? Keep it or sell it?
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#25]
How much did you give for it, or did I miss it somewhere?
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 2:51:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So what are you going to do with it? Keep it or sell it?

Quoted:
How much did you give for it, or did I miss it somewhere?

I've still got it.I'm saving up for a M16 so when I get close to saving up enough for that, I guess I'll sell it.The story behind the rifle is....I was at a GunShow about 2 months ago and ran across 2 guys with this on their table.It seems they belonged to a shooting club,and for the widow,were selling the collection of one of their buddy's that had just died.

I'd been in the market for a 93 and when I saw this was truly new in box I had to force myself to stay calm.I really had to stay calm once we negotiated the price---$2300 out the door-I couldn't get the money out of my wallet quick enough,I felt like a kid at Xmas.

With 95% HK93s going for $2600 I knew it was worth $3000 for sure and I was hoping the hive mind here would say I could get $3500 out of it.The downside is that I don't dare shoot it.That 1st shot is going to cost me $8-900 in value.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#27]
NICE! NIB 93 WITH EVERTHING FROM FACTORY, $3500+ EASY! THEY HAD NO PADDLE MAG RELEASE.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Quoted:

My father and his dad used to have a FFL. they bought a 93 for $504.00 with tax and shipping in 1979 or 80. sold it in the early 90's for like 2200.

They also bought a Belgian made Hi Power

I still have one of them brand new in bag.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I was doing some work for my Father this weekend, he is now 75, and when I was done he told me to go ahead and take that hk93 home for myself.

I shit myself.  

I still can not believe it.  This 93 is an IC date code with fixed stock.  I can not leave it unfired.  I just cant.  I will take it out and site it in and then prep it for long term storage.  It will not be leaving the family while under my ownership.  Maybe my son, now 4 will sell it someday and buy a house with it.  Who knows!

Link Posted: 9/14/2008 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You guys don't know how tempted I am to keep it and shoot it but I know the first ejection ding will lower the value by at least $700.I've got my heart set on full auto so when I get close to saving up enough $ for a M16 I'll sell it then to help fund the M16.It's going to kill me though---I know I'll never again see a 93 only test fired 3 times at the factory.

Are you in the business of buying and selling firearms for a profit?

Then what are you worried about? Just shoot the damn thing and enjoy it.

All this "NEW IN BOX!!!!111!! OMG!! NO EJECTION MARKS!!1111!" stuff is, if you stand back and look at it, ridiculous. It's a distinction of importance to a few internet wanker-types who get all lathered up about shit like that.

If you want to buy something for cheap and sell it for more, there's these things called "stocks and bonds" that work pretty good, and nobody can call you an "unlicensed stock dealer" and throw you into the pen with Olafson.

Selling guns for profit is something I never do. I don't collect guns to make money - and I wouldn't have a supermodel wife with her virginity in tact either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top