Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 2:41:21 PM EDT
Been tossing around buying one of these after discarding the idea of parting an HK91 together.  
About the mount, it's gotta be 1913 capable...  you know, able to take a scope mount that fits on a standard 1913 rail.  Been thinking about a Knights Armament HK91 mount, haven't found anything else that compares.

Are there other options out there?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always buy the Stanag claw mount and use the picatinny rail that mounts on it, or the ARMS G3 mount.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
hell, I didn't even think to look at ARMS as a solution....  thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally I think the best mount is the Brugger & Thomet mount.  DSA sells it here.  It is very solid and does not hold the scope as high as the claw mount.  It uses a standard 1913 Picatinny  rail.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
B&T is a great mount - expensive but works. The HK Stanag wokrs most of the time but you will probably have to do a bit of hone/file work on it - however it is now selling for about $125 w/o scope.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]
mlm 1219 ,

Can you use the iron sights with this mount (With high rings),
or does the rail itself block line of sight from drum
to front sight ?

I've considered this sight ,but I want to be able to use
open sights in case of a scope problem.

(My current scope has a 50 mm objective ,so REALLY high rings)

Anyone have a pic of one of these mounted on a 91 ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The B&T mount sits lower than the sight drum so you can use it when the scope is off.  On mine with the scope and rings on you can not use the iron sights.  I use Larue  QD rings so I can take the scope off quickly if for some reason I have to use the irons.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hell, I didn't even think to look at ARMS as a solution....  thanks

I'm selling an ARMS G3 claw mount. $150($225 retail)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Personally I think the best mount is the Brugger & Thomet mount.  DSA sells it here.  It is very solid and does not hold the scope as high as the claw mount.  It uses a standard 1913 Picatinny  rail.

Google is great, but when you need specific results, ask a person.  
That scope mount is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for your help!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top