Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2014 2:55:31 PM EDT
I know I want a 16 or 18" para carbine, but it seems like no one has them in stock. I'm in no big rush so It's fine to look around but was wondering if I should just order one from DSA, wait on EE for one to pop up, or if there was a reputable builder that I could purchase one from? Really don't know much beyond fiddling with a couple at the local gun store and falling in love with the feel of the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
get on FALFILES, checkout the Marketplace ... or wait forever for something from DSA
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever shoot a Para?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ever shoot a Para?
View Quote

Nope, please don't tell me they have horrid cheek slap
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ever shoot a Para?

Mine's a fun little shooter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I love my Para, but the fixed stocks are more comfortable when firing. I scored an old Rhodesian folder from SG years back. It's aluminum with a rubber butt. I believe modern folders are constructed similarly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#6]
but the fixed stocks are more comfortable when firing
View Quote

This is true.  Had a folder, sold it.  Not horrid cheek weld, per se, more like a horrid chin weld.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks like grabagun may have some DS Arms models in stock:

http://grabagun.com/firearms/ar-15-ar10-and-other-ar/complete-ar-rifles.html?caliber=2743&manufacturer=2394
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#8]
There's a couple right here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_93/1360604_DSA_SA58_FAL_16_25_Carbine_and_DSA_SA58_FAL_18_Rifle_w__Extras.html
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
please don't tell me they have horrid cheek slap
View Quote

You will want a pad.  Without it, they're not painful, but not comfortable, either.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
You could get a regular model and see how you like it, then get a para conv kit if you still want to. I did that and found I actually prefer the regular stock. It was a good excuse to get a second one.

ETA Get an 18"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top