Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2005 5:27:43 PM EDT
After 6 months of searching, I finally found someone to make a Flash hider for my 13" barrel.  The flash hider was made by David at Saylors Machine & Design Works.

Link Posted: 2/21/2005 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Dayum that looks good. Is it left threaded like the Imbel barrels?
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  9/16-24 left hand threads.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 2:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]
NICE.  Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 3:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
All together now class..........

This is a "flash-hider":

This is a "flash-suppressor":

Mike
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 6:27:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes.  9/16-24 left hand threads.

Thanks.
Got a contact number for Saylor? What is the part # for the flash "suppressor".
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Mr.Wilson that looks like the end of one of them old "Elephant Guns" that I would see on cartoons as a kid!
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mr.Wilson that looks like the end of one of them old "Elephant Guns" that I would see on cartoons as a kid!

It's mike, (Mr. Wilson's my dad, and a quick viewing of my personal "INFO" will garner most folks the origin of my handle) and that's a WWII issue M1 carbine flash-"hider", I actually have one of those for my first deer rifle, which was a micro-grooved barreled, 3x9 scoped M1 carbine.

While not much of a deer gun past 120 yards or so, the 13 lands (yes I said 13, as most USGI barrels have 3) in this micro-grooved rifled barrel on this little rifle will still to this day shoot inside a "quarter" at a 100 yards all day long with the rounds it likes. Not bad for a rifle that dad's owned since I was 5 or 6 yrs. old (btw I'm 51 now).

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top