Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:I was just thinking the second wood stocked M14 from the bottom with the DC Vortex and hooded GLFS setup would make a hell of a Crazyhorse copy with mount, scope and bipod going on.

That is one of two identical Crazy Horse LITE SDM rifles I had Ron build for me.
One is in a FDE USGI synthetic with RRM and the other is in an FDE LAW483 MCS with the 4x EOTech.

www.athenswater.com/images/CrazyHorse-LITE-T.jpg

I'm waiting for someone to offer a drop-in synthetic E2

Forget the E2, that's sweet right there.

Could use a little OD or Earth Brown Alumahyde II though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#2]
just puting in my 2cents wasn't the fal designed for a smaller round ,but changed when nato went to 308,which did cause problems with them.    (top ten combat rifles on the milltary channel)
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My FNFAL will do everything that those 14s can do.The reverse is not true though.

LOL,   You just keep telling yourself that, but I don't see many people turn the Fal into a marksman rifle and I've never seen one very accurate or that I would want.

This is the M14 section though right? Take your Fal love to the Fal section.

+1... FAL jerks... all the time... It's like... I can love and enjoy the AR, AK, M14, M1's, A million other rifles... but if your an FAL it's like everything but your FAL sucks... I don't get that...

and they have to join any thread that is labeled with any other rifle type and hype up thier FAL... I never understand that... go start a thread about FAL's and keep it amongst yourself...

Obviously this thread is here to discuess m14's.... Not why the FAL is "teh awzum'ness"
Seriously...
Link Posted: 1/5/2008 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
but if your an FAL it's like everything but your FAL sucks... I don't get that...

It appears that reading comprehension is something that you don't get either.
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]
"Over 100 countries have adopted the FAL and have been waging war with it for over 50 years."  yep and the US with our M14's & M16's have been saving thier a##  ever since !
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
csr45,

You're probably thinking about the Spanish CETME Model 58 and Model B which was chambered for a lower powered round with the same case dimensions as the 7.62 Nato.  Lighter, longer bullet, less recoil impuse, better for full auto, etc.  They put in a heavier bolt carrier and recoil spring-buffer assembly when the move to the 7.62 Nato was made with the CETME Model C.  Now that I think about it, maybe the FAL was chambered for a .276 round before 7.62 Nato was adopted.

Eagle1Ohio
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
but if your an FAL it's like everything but your FAL sucks... I don't get that...

It appears that reading comprehension is something that you don't get either.

I guess you don't comprehend trolling either.  It was off topic.  Way off.  Just for the sake of arguing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2008 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank god for the M-14 and the men who use it.I have a profound respect for all three of the aforementioned.And they can be counted on when called upon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#9]
5.56 M4 FTW.

Link Posted: 1/7/2008 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]
No 5.56 M4s here ...

Link Posted: 1/7/2008 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
csr45,

You're probably thinking about the Spanish CETME Model 58 and Model B which was chambered for a lower powered round with the same case dimensions as the 7.62 Nato.  Lighter, longer bullet, less recoil impuse, better for full auto, etc.  They put in a heavier bolt carrier and recoil spring-buffer assembly when the move to the 7.62 Nato was made with the CETME Model C.  Now that I think about it, maybe the FAL was chambered for a .276 round before 7.62 Nato was adopted.

Eagle1Ohio

I thought it was that the FAL was originally designed around something like 8mm Kurz (7.92x33) and had to be revised when NATO picked up the 7.62x51....
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
csr45,

Eagle1Ohio

I thought it was that the FAL was originally designed around something like 8mm Kurz (7.92x33) and had to be revised when NATO picked up the 7.62x51....

...it was designed around a .264, or .280 round...can't remember which.  Must have been about on par with a .270WIN.

I really think the FAL vs M14 debate is completely retarded...especially when argued amognst folks who don't rely on the thier rifle for their lives (if you are the 1% to whom that last comment doesn't apply, then it was not for you).  I have shot both at the range, and like both because I like guns.  I like the sights better on the M14.  As long as it is not a frustrating Jam-O-Matic that requires me to do gun-plumbing at the range, chances are I will love it.  Other than that, reliability does not apply to me.  Like 99% of you, I will never use a rifle to safe guard my life.  I have fun shooting whether it is burning rounds, or taking precise aim (easier for me with M14 sites).
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Those folks who can read are posting 90% m-14 and those who can't  have over shot the FAL forum and wound up here as well.The FAL is a fine system although not fine enough that the US would ever adopt it .Nice to know that the m-14's are doing a splendid job over there!

ETA- almost went to the FAL section and started a topic"FAL's in the sand box".
            the first reply would be ... "but...there are no FAL's in the sand box..."
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 4:40:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Check out the MK14 at the very top of this group shot.

Link Posted: 1/8/2008 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

FAL's were in sandboxes all over the world fightin and winnin wars while the M14 was at home in nice and cozy inventory racks.

Arab Israili conflicts (Israilis)
The various Rhodesian campaigns (zeaolus scouts)
1st Gulf War (by various countries)

Bout time the M14 got off it's ass.  When it is all said and done, the FAL will be way ahead.

Link Posted: 1/8/2008 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

FAL's were in sandboxes all over the world fightin and winnin wars while the M14 was at home in nice and cozy inventory racks.

Bout time the M14 got off it's ass.  When it is all said and done, the FAL will be way ahead.

I'd like to see numbers applied actually of M14s used in service (today and vietnam) vs. FALs that saw service. By service, I'm referring to actually being used in combat, and not carried around a lot, and by combat, I'm referring to shots fired in conflict and not down a range. Is the FAL really that far ahead? Sure over a hundred nations adopted it, but how many actually used it. I know my STG58s never saw any action until I got ahold of them, which makes me wonder, how many racked FALs were sitting around until the kit-frenzy WECSOGs got their hands on them?

Oh, and Cartman, you're right about M14s sucking... how about we do a trade if that SAGEd 14 in H20s pic is yours
Link Posted: 1/8/2008 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to see numbers applied actually of M14s used in service (today and vietnam) vs. FALs that saw service. By service, I'm referring to actually being used in combat, and not carried around a lot, and by combat, I'm referring to shots fired in conflict and not down a range. Is the FAL really that far ahead? Sure over a hundred nations adopted it, but how many actually used it. I know my STG58s never saw any action until I got ahold of them, which makes me wonder, how many racked FALs were sitting around until the kit-frenzy WECSOGs got their hands on them?

Oh, and Cartman, you're right about M14s sucking... how about we do a trade if that SAGEd 14 in H20s pic is yours

The M14 is unique and a variation of the tried and true M1 Garand. No other rifles have had so much impact in war as the M1 Garand and it's variants.
The M14 is an improvement over the M1 Garand. And someone has the cojones to say it is an inferior rifle to some foreign made rifle like th FAL?
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M14 is unique and a variation of the tried and true M1 Garand. No other rifles have had so much impact in war as the M1 Garand and it's variants.
The M14 is an improvement over the M1 Garand. And someone has the cojones to say it is an inferior rifle to some foreign made rifle like th FAL?

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Really? That is interesting. I think that perhaps the M98 Mauser, Mosin Nagant 98/31, SMLE, or the AK 47 had far greater impact on war than the Garand and M14.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? That is interesting. I think that perhaps the M98 Mauser, Mosin Nagant 98/31, SMLE, or the AK 47 had far greater impact on war than the Garand and M14.

The ak doesn't fit the bill(or you would have to put the m-16 in on the garand side), FAL can thank the m-14 for the 7.62x51, and the only country still using the FAL in training is venuzuela.The tilting bolt design aligns itself differently after each shot affecting accuracy not to mention the sights.All the countries of the world just couldn't afford an m-14.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you go to hell, maybe you can ask Hitler and other Nazis what they think!
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Come to think of it the ak has more in common with the m-14 and its rotating bolt.Also , other arms like the sks and svt and mp-43 became obsolete long ago as arms with rotating bolts dominated.

ETA-the mausers, enfields ,mosins had a rotating bolt too.

-I THINK GARAND HAD INFLUENCED KALSHNIKOV(they already tried the svt and sks)!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Man, you folks really do have difficulty with reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Man, you folks really do have difficulty with reading comprehension.

No, I don't think so.
We all think the M14 is better than the FAL.
What's so hard to understand about that?
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Mod Edit: Keep the BS off of this site
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No they didn't. They was very good bolt guns ..No doubt . What I believe he's trying to say is when the Americans showed up with there STANDARD issued Garand, it INSTANTLY outclassed all other armies on the battle field at that time period.  WD
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yeah, and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumps.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

To those who have family members who served and died  in the Vietnam war,  I wished you would retract or delete  that post.... The war may seem like along time ago but it still impacts  alot of people lives. I realize you are just poking.... in fun and all.   WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To those who have family members who served and died  in the Vietnam war,  I wished you would retract or delete  that post.... The war may seem like along time ago but it still impacts  alot of people lives. I realize you are just poking.... in fun and all.   WarDawg

I had a lot of family members that served and died in vietnam.  hate me if you want, i am not retracting jack.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The tilting bolt design aligns itself differently after each shot affecting accuracy not to mention the sights.All the countries of the world just couldn't afford an m-14.

You need to stop reading Wiki entries and maybe cross reference your notes.

"Ole Dirty" was thrown in muddy waters, soaked for half hour, then taken out and shot without issues, as a matter of fact it has been over 14,000 rounds + without a cleaning since that day she was thrown in the mud.

Oh and here is the last groupings "Ole Dirty" got.  M14's wish they could do this.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
58,000 Americans died in Vietnam carrying the M14 and M16.  I think if they carried the FAL only about 45,000 would have died

Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Isnt there a FAL forum for you to grasp at straws with

Sure just drag 58,000 dead brave GIs into your argument for the hell of it. Good for you
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Sure just drag 58,000 dead brave GIs into your argument for the hell of it. Good for you

yeah i thought it out before i said it.  i knew it would get a reaction

waiting for more....
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Im sure your post will make a great sig-line for somebody
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah i thought it out before i said it.  i knew it would get a reaction

waiting for more....

I hope you get everything you wanted.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

are you joking?  FAL never saw any "real" combat?  I guess the below where not real conflicts:

Israeli-Arab conflicts through 1973 (6 day war and Yom Kippur wars)
South Africa vs. Angola border war
South Africa vs. Mozambique border war
Northern Ireland vs. the IRA
Vietnam War (by ANZAC: Austrailia and New Zealand)
1st Gulf War (by various coutries)
Rhodesian Wars
India vs. Pakistan (East Timor border wars)
Tanania vs. Uganda
Falkland Wars (both sides used them)
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Im sure your post will make a great sig-line for somebody

by all means you are free to use it if you want.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

not everything.  i also want to win the lottery, still waiting for that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not everything.  i also want to win the lottery, still waiting for that.

You're digging yourself a hole with people on here.  Why are you trying to be so annoying?  You like repulsing people?  I'm not sure what your problem is, but you have one.  I'm not sure that anything you've said has anything to do with anything at this point except being disrespectful and argumentative.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2008 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You're digging yourself a hole with people on here.  Why are you trying to be so annoying?  You like repulsing people?  I'm not sure what your problem is, but you have one.  I'm not sure that anything you've said has anything to do with anything at this point except being disrespectful and argumentative.  

yeah I can be an ass sometimes.  lucky for me I am not running for prom king so I don't need any votes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2008 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 2:39:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
EricCartmanR1 is no longer a member of this website.  Please don't troll the technical forums.  

Bravo Zulu!
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 3:35:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. I grew up in the aftermath directly after Vietnam and grew up around lots of Vietnam Vets that were in a lot of pain. They were my Dad's buddies, I remember them well and I idolized them as a kid. Unfortunately, they have all passed on, along with my Dad without the honor they deserved. I thought I was out of this thread, but that comment was disgusting and way beyond the boundaries of decency.

To all Vietnam Vets.....Thank you. I prefer speaking English over Russian. God bless you all for your service and your courage.
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#44]

OK . . . back to the topic

Link Posted: 1/10/2008 4:14:42 AM EDT
[#45]
we need more pics!!!!  
Where's fortier?  He's gotta have some new ones from his recent mission.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#46]

saved this from a thread a while back
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#47]

ooooops that's my range, not the sandbox, and that's an AR!!!

Link Posted: 1/11/2008 4:56:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

We forgive you - Hell, I just picked up a Colt this week - no pictures yet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 7:37:56 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We forgive you - Hell, I just picked up a Colt this week - no pictures yet.

Well I'll be looking forward to them, in the correct forum LOL!!!  It's guys like you that make coming to this site worthwhile.  Just thought I'd tell you that.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#50]
I see a very wide variety of glass being used on these 14's in the pictures.  I guess they are just using what ever decent scope they can get their hands on?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top