Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2007 2:14:32 PM EDT
What kind of setups do you guys use for carrying ammo?
Do you simply used the cloth bandoleers?
Anyone use the ammo belts that have the individual pockets for Enblocs?

Also, i think i remember seeing some sort of holder that slipped into AR mag pouches that held several Enblocs, anyone have a link?

Im not looking at anything too terribly high speed, just something decent to have JIC

thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Just use the mag pouches that we (.mil folks) are issued. I am sure you can find some at a surplus store as they are all over. Take the Magazine dividers out of the holder and you can lay  your clips sideways and store I believe 8 or so in each mag pouch. I would suggest a belt and Y Harness to go along with it too.

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Bandoleers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always gone with bandoleers as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a case of Greek Ammo from the CMP and you will have all the ciips and Bandoleers you can ever use.

-Benji
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The old ammo belts can be a pain.  They're typically a very tight fit.  Reaching for the clips in back, well, let's just say its a reach.  Had one.  Sold it.

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, well iv'e got a few of the greek bandos, so im prolly ok then

thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I make my own bandoleers for my M1 ammo on clips, just scaled them up a bit to fit the larger en-blocs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the old ammo belt from WW2 Impressions, but then again, I'm a reenactor besides, so having a "correct" piece of equipment is important...And I'll be getting at least a can of the Greek soon, to have bandoleers plus the belt (which I don't think is all that much of a pain, the one in the link is to spec and works just fine, not too tight or anything. As always, YMMV).
I'll have to try the ammo pouch idea, though....
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I use the much maligned East Indian made Garand reproduction web belts.  The mfg. uses plastic snaps like modern gear and not brass buckles.  You fill the 20 pockets with 20 clips, linking 2 reproduction belts together.  Then you put the assembly across your chest like the Frito Bandito.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:29:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys.

prolly just go with the bandos then, although ill have to dig out some m16 pouches and try that way
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 12:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I just grab it off of the tailgate of the truck.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks guys.

prolly just go with the bandos then, although ill have to dig out some m16 pouches and try that way

It works, trust me. I discovered the method when I was prepping for a deployment. Had my gear setup and wanted to know how the enblocs would do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Buy a case of Greek Ammo from the CMP and you will have all the ciips and Bandoleers you can ever use.

. . . and, you can sell the spam cans on ebay.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top