Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/21/2006 1:05:01 PM EDT
I just received my JAE-100 back from JAE after they did a minor adjustment to accomodate for my SEI scope mount. Customer service with JAE is AMAZING!! The stock was modified in just ONE day and returned to me the very next day! HUGE kudos to Lisa (the VP) over at JAE!

Lisa also informed me that all JAE-100 stocks that ship as of now will have this slight modification done. It was just a simple matter of having a slight longer cutout on the scope mounting side of the stock.

Now my M1A is nearly complete. I just need to install my SEI GLFS and a new muzzle device and I'm pretty much done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/NATO762/JAE100-G2-01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/NATO762/JAE100-G2-02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/NATO762/JAE100-G2-03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/NATO762/JAE100-G2-04.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/NATO762/JAE100-G2-05.jpg
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a very interesting stock.  Please post pics when you get the GLFS installed.  I may need to speak with SEI about this item.  Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW

that sure is purdy
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh damn!!!
where does one get that stock
I think a decision regarding getting the M1A
has just been made
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice stock hoice
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
i looked around online for this stock
where di you get it from and how much was it
link it up
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Please post contact info for them or where to get that stock!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#8]
i looked around online for this stock
where di you get it from and how much was it
link it up
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW!!

Does the receiver drop right into the stock?   Or are there any modifications required?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#10]
ugh who, what, where and how much is that stock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats a nice stock but it has to cost a lot of cash.

Max
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#12]
She's a beauty!  She has some glASS to boot

The photographs are very nice as well.  

Good luck with her.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#13]
WOW!!!

I might need one of these to keep my Sage company...............

SKBY.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]
That is one sweet stock! I'm also interested in info on were you got it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread is worthless without pertinent info!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Follow this link for more info...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Man...that rifle is seriously screwing up my priorities.

what to do?

WBK
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Indulge me all for a second.  Imagine if the Army in it's infinite wisdom, would just ditch the hideously expensive XM-110 in favor of an M14SE in the JAE 100 stock.  Or consdier the SAGE ALCS for units where a more compact package is required.  The weapons themselves would be converted USGI M14s...just like Ron Smith is increasingly doing now already for numerous units. Hmmmm....XM110 at how much v. M14SE w/JAE 100 for how much???   I wonder just how much the taxpayer would save.  Wonder too, if anyone from DCD Fort Benning or ARDEC, et al has consdiered or is considering this alternative.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Indulge me all for a second.  Imagine if the Army in it's infinite wisdom, would just ditch the hideously expensive XM-110 in favor of an M14SE in the JAE 100 stock.  Or consdier the SAGE ALCS for units where a more compact package is required.  The weapons themselves would be converted USGI M14s...just like Ron Smith is increasingly doing now already for numerous units. Hmmmm....XM110 at how much v. M14SE w/JAE 100 for how much???   I wonder just how much the taxpayer would save.  Wonder too, if anyone from DCD Fort Benning or ARDEC, et al has consdiered or is considering this alternative.

Shut up and stop making sense. Man, thinking like THAT will never land you a .gov job.

LOL

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Hepcat85 -- Appreciate the kind words.   Actually, I am a .gov (.mil) guy.  However, my current duties don't have much to do with weapons acquisition programs, unfortunately. I do however, try my best to influence those who's duties are in the Force Modernization arena.  And this particular concept is one I've spoken to a number of concerned individuals about at some length.  Will it do any good?  Who knows?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Three letters for you.....UNS.

Simon
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep, need statements are what gets those units their M14s converted/upgraded. No doubt about it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#23]
ugh

this is the worst thread ever!

eventually I get the feeling this thread is going to cost me around 4 grand
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
ugh

this is the worst thread ever!

eventually I get the feeling this thread is going to cost me around 4 grand

Ha! Excellent post!  I think you have costed that weapon quite correctly.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Why did you have to post pics ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Would be nice. I just don't think that it will ever pan out that way (though it would be fine by me if I'm proven wrong). There's just not enough ...what's the word...pork, or potential pork, involved with refurbing forty year old rifles that are already in the system, along with the various spares, even if the spares are getting short. Compared to introducing an entirely new rifle and all the different contracts that would go along with it. For every person showing how to save some money, there's several potential contractors twisting their Congresscritter's ear with "Those things are old and worn out, the Army shelved them in the Sixties for a reason..." etc.

And, if the mil went back to a more widespread use of a rifle that was officially replaced in the 1960's, someone would get stuck with the task of explaining how something wasn't good enough 35-40 years ago but all of a sudden is good. There would probably be a few long retired four stars' reputations being soiled. Along with a certain still alive, shithead ex SecDef. I can already picture the line forming for passing the buck on that one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would be nice. I just don't think that it will ever pan out that way (though it would be fine by me if I'm proven wrong). There's just not enough ...what's the word...pork, or potential pork, involved with refurbing forty year old rifles that are already in the system, along with the various spares, even if the spares are getting short. Compared to introducing an entirely new rifle and all the different contracts that would go along with it. For every person showing how to save some money, there's several potential contractors twisting their Congresscritter's ear with "Those things are old and worn out, the Army shelved them in the Sixties for a reason..." etc.

And, if the mil went back to a more widespread use of a rifle that was officially replaced in the 1960's, someone would get stuck with the task of explaining how something wasn't good enough 35-40 years ago but all of a sudden is good. There would probably be a few long retired four stars' reputations being soiled. Along with a certain still alive, shithead ex SecDef. I can already picture the line forming for passing the buck on that one.

===
You must be reading my mind!  That was a very well-reasoned post.  Actually, one of the better posts I've read on these gun boards in quite a while.  Indeed, the political costs for both serving senior officers in AMC/ARDEC and those long retired, as well as certain politicos/appointees would be manifest.  Still, I must confess I know more than I'm letting on here (oh, the horror....).  There are actually certain individuals within the "system" who are interested in such a proposal.  Not so much as a wholesale alternative to the (X)M110, but rather a means to augment precision firepower at the squad through company level.  Principally due to both fiscal concerns viz. the (X)M110 and overall budgetary constraints and the war's increasing drain on resources in general, there are a number of notable personalities in DoD and DA that would like to see something along the lines of a highly modernized M14 put forth as a baseline comparison during upcoming Operational Testing (OT) of the new KAC rifle this spring and summer. The recent combat successes of 2ID with their suppressed M14SE generated considerable official interest and impetus in that regard -- as well as those green suited naysayers who fear their rice bowls being up-ended!  

Having said that, there is more than a ring of truth to your comment about "not enough pork".  As a .mil guy, I have seen it happen too many times:  forget Below the Zone (BZ) promotion, Command Selection, Legion of Merit, or resident War College for promoting a "Legacy System", or worse....resurrecting a long "obsolete" system.  This is not to mention getting your precious little Tiffany through Horsey College.  The school house solution: Spread around taxpayer largesse.  Still, I am not convinced as to the degree to which this paradigm still applies in defense acquisition politices. Thank God I no longer have anything to do officially with acquisition policies. In sum, the old war horse just might have a chance.  Maybe.  In that regard, the new JAE 100 stock might indeed prove to be another arrow in the M14 quiver.            
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You must be reading my mind!  That was a very well-reasoned post.  Actually, one of the better posts I've read on these gun boards in quite a while.  Indeed, the political costs for both serving senior officers in AMC/ARDEC and those long retired, as well as certain politicos/appointees would be manifest.  Still, I must confess I know more than I'm letting on here (oh, the horror....).  There are actually certain individuals within the "system" who are interested in such a proposal.  Not so much as a wholesale alternative to the (X)M110, but rather a means to augment precision firepower at the squad through company level.  Principally due to both fiscal concerns viz. the (X)M110 and overall budgetary constraints and the war's increasing drain on resources in general, there are a number of notable personalities in DoD and DA that would like to see something along the lines of a highly modernized M14 put forth as a baseline comparison during upcoming Operational Testing (OT) of the new KAC rifle this spring and summer. The recent combat successes of 2ID with their suppressed M14SE generated considerable official interest and impetus in that regard -- as well as those green suited naysayers who fear their rice bowls being up-ended!  

Having said that, there is more than a ring of truth to your comment about "not enough pork".  As a .mil guy, I have seen it happen too many times:  forget Below the Zone (BZ) promotion, Command Selection, Legion of Merit, or resident War College for promoting a "Legacy System", or worse....resurrecting a long "obsolete" system.  This is not to mention getting your precious little Tiffany through Horsey College.  The school house solution: Spread around taxpayer largesse.  Still, I am not convinced as to the degree to which this paradigm still applies in defense acquisition politices. Thank God I no longer have anything to do officially with acquisition policies. In sum, the old war horse just might have a chance.  Maybe.  In that regard, the new JAE 100 stock might indeed prove to be another arrow in the M14 quiver.            

mach6, what about the spares inventory for refurbing and continuing with the m14? could you forsee a resumption in the production of usgi contract parts?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#30]

I would love to see a Crazy Horse M-14SE (SASS) in this stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mach6, what about the spares inventory for refurbing and continuing with the m14? could you forsee a resumption in the production of usgi contract parts?

You know there would be a better chance of the M14SASS becoming the rifle of choise if BJ Clinton didn't have all those spares demilled.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

---
Parts are being ordered, albeit in smaller quantities than I'd personally like to see.  Just do a search of Fed Biz Opps.  There are currently five M14 parts be requested by Rock Island, for example.  Expect a significant number more in the near future.  
Now as for a Crazy Horse in the new JAE 100 stock -- that would be something to test, for sure. Perhaps that is even in the making...
Oh and Clinton?  Yeah, you got that right!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#33]
sevensixtwo

Do you know where J. Allen Enterprises is out of? This is simply an amazing stock.

WBK
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#34]
That's hot...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#35]
JAE-100 Stocks!!! Hello everyone. I am new to this site but wanted to let you know I can get the JAE-100 stock for your M1A! I am located in Las Vegas at Citadel Gun and Safe D.B.A. Desert Tactical Supply and have obtained 10 of these stocks. They are brand new to the market and my first 9 have been sold. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or (702) 373-2007. Since these are so new the initial wait time is approx. 4-6 weeks. We are the largest distributer of these stocks.    They are going to run $650.00 /each plus $25 shipping and handling. Tax will be added for Nevada residents.   I also have a huge selection of firearms and accessories. Please contact me with any questions you may have.  I will post pics of the store soon.  Hours of operation are 10am-8pm PST.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Welcome deserttactical,

What does the JAE-100 weigh

Thanks ~
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the welcome. The stock as shipped is 5lbs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey Deserttactical....do you have pics of the various colors they are offering?

PS - Welcome to the board
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone know if a REAR lugged receiver (Armscorp M21) will fit the JAE-100 stock??

Thanks,

~Will
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Pictures are not available yet  J. Allen Enterprises'  website is not up yet. As soon as it is or when I get mine in I will post some. The colors are: Swat Black, Lowlite Green, Olive Drab, and Titanium Grey.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Will,
 Yes it will fit. If it does not you can send it to the manufacturer and they will fit it for you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Pictures are not available yet  J. Allen Enterprises'  website is not up yet. As soon as it is or when I get mine in I will post some. The colors are: Swat Black, Lowlite Green, Olive Drab, and Titanium Grey.

Thanks.

Any idea on the timing of the website? Be good to post it on here when it does go up. I'd love to see what the titanium grey looks like.

WBK
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Thanks.

Any idea on the timing of the website? Be good to post it on here when it does go up. I'd love to see what the titanium grey looks like.

WBK
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#44]
WBK,
  The time frame on the website is unknown. I will try to get an idea and post it then.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Thanks.

Please post pics of the Lowlife Green.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a chub from those pics.  

Thats a nice lookin rifle.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Below are some pics of the titanium grey JAE-100 stock on a Loaded M1A. I got this one into the store today. I don't have any pics of the Lowlite Green or SWAT Black yet. Post these links into your browser.

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7139/pict0060medium9hk.jpg
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/5034/pict0061medium9ku.jpg
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/5184/pict0063medium5xm.jpg
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/595/pict0066medium8gz.jpg
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9757/pict0067medium9gq.jpg
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9117/pict0068medium4ic.jpg
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Pics added, I am lazy and don't like cut & pasting!

D.T. is that their upper handguard cover thing, or it it the standard upper handguard?  What is special about the JAE upper handguard?  Matched paint?

Thanks!

~Will

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#49]
tag.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Seven, in your earlier thread it said you investigated a carbon fiber option from Mcmillan as an option.

DO you have any more information on that option.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top