Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2010 6:44:50 PM EDT
Good news!

Rumor has it that TACOM/Rock Island, SEI and SAGE, Int. are collaborating to make the M14 EBR-RINM available to civilians.

The medium heavy CH barrels will be stamped TACOM RI - SEI and SAGE will supply the EBR stock with the new butt stock.

I guess it was well received at Camp Perry

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I can see why.
Good news for once!
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty cool. I wonder what the whole package will cost as pictured?
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Could this mean the EBR stocked M14/M1A type service rifles will be accepted by  CMP Competition Rules?
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#4]
H20_MAN,

Do you know if Sage is going to sell these new ebr stock systems for people who already have m1a's/m14's and would like to place them in this new stock?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
H20_MAN,

Do you know if Sage is going to sell these new ebr stock systems for people who already have m1a's/m14's and would like to place them in this new stock?

Thanks

That is a great question, but I don't have an answer for you just yet.

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
H20_MAN,

Thanks

It's my understanding that the Sage International M14 EBR-RI NM stock will be available through Smith Enterprise, Inc. but you must supply a rifle to have them assemble it on to.

ETA: SEI will supply the Sage M14 EBR-RI NM only as a complete rifle.  You must supply the rifle with a 22 " barrel or have a 22 " barrel installed on your rifle.  The intent is to follow TACOM's lead in building civilian legal M14 EBR-RI NM rifles only with this new stock.

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks H20_MAN and DIFFERENT for the replies.

That is really good news the the m14 platform and I appreciate the time you guys take to keep people on the forums informed with new developments.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#8]
The only way to get the SAGE/TACOM NM stock pictured above is to have SEI build the TACOM NM rifle for you.  
The stocks will be laser engraved with with SEI-TACOM RI NM.

You will need to supply your own lugged USGI flash hider or upgrade to an M14 Vortex or a DC Vortex with a GLFS
if you plan to use the M14-DC sound suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only way to get the SAGE/TACOM NM stock pictured above is to have SEI build the TACOM NM rifle for you.  

You will need to supply your own lugged USGI flash hider or upgrade to an M14 Vortex or a DC Vortex with a GLFS

Muzzle brakes are okay since flash suppressors / flash hiders (and/or sound supressors) are not legal in all jurisdictions.

Link Posted: 8/22/2010 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Muzzle brakes are okay since flash suppressors / flash hiders (and/or sound supressors) are not legal in all jurisdictions.

And then you have the pistol grip and 20 round removable box magazine evil feature thing to worry about... stay legal
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Who makes the buttstock? It looks like a Magpul?
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe it's a Magpul PRS butt stock.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 4:23:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I believe it's a Magpul PRS butt stock.

I think it's derived from the PRS2™ Precision-Adjustable Stock – G3 Model

Link Posted: 8/23/2010 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Can't say that I am all that crazy about the stock, or more exactly how they chose to adapt it... I think I would rather have seen a new back end that allowed for any AR type fixed stock to be used (and still look right)...  Any info on why they went the route they did with it?
Top Top